What are you starting to like less the older you get?

Queen.

Definitely going out. I went to a friend's 21st last weekend and it was fun but I was so burnt out at the end of the night. Being around hundreds of drunk people is too much for me nowadays.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• Breakdown

• smoore95GAGA

• John Slayne

I still like to party, but I am so much more picky now. It has to be the right people, the right place, the right music or else I can't be bothered :skull: 

Honestly, big concerts. I used to love seeing huge artists in person and getting caught up in all of it, but now it's such a miserable experience to me :skull: the amount of people, the traffic getting in and out, the overpriced drinks and food, I really can't stand all of it anymore

I still love smaller concerts for bands/indie artists/etc though

Men

On 11/18/2022 at 2:19 PM, Beyondslay said:

People. 

:clap3: 

Losers that complain about vegans when they are just minding their business even tho they’re watching the world decaying rapidly because of the selfishness of animal eaters 

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

Socia media, grocery shopping, driving. 

2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Socia media, grocery shopping, driving. 

Sis, not grocery shopping....I LOVE to cook. 

High school like environments in the workplace - I moved away from my hometown in 2019 so it's harder for me to see those that I developed sustained friendships with.  I ended up settling into a new city at the end of 2019 right before COVID hit so I was isolated until 2021 when I started working again. I work for the Vons company so I started off at a Pavilions and that store hired a lot of young people (high school/college age) so given that I was 27 at the time but looked younger and have a pleasant personality I got along with almost everyone and did make friends. I went through a couple isolate traumatic years since 2019 was also pretty isolating and I live in a bad area now so I was grateful to just be with people and work in an area that made me happy. I felt like a rejuvenated version of my younger self with how outgoing and happy I was. 

But within 6 months that illusion was pretty much shattered. I learned the hard way to not develop a crush on someone I worked with. He was a guy that I wanted to be friends with whether we got together or not (I wasn't sure if he was straight or bisexual because he had a personality where it seemed like it could go either way) - he had my number and my Instagram so he could have spoken to me about anything if he wanted to. I developed a crush on him about three months into knowing him and several people I was friends with at work knew about it. One of them being one of my closest LGBTQ friends (they identify as non-binary) who said that my secret was safe with them. So this guy was nice, or he seemed to be. He'd be there for me when I was upset and struggling mentally. and I tried to be there for him and make him feel happier. 

He eventually found out I liked him because I slipped up in front of him. I also found out recently that my so-called friend that would keep my secret safe actually told him about my feelings for him. When he found out about this, instead of talking to me like a mature adult, he instantly got a manager involved who then got the store director involved. So he essentially humiliated, embarrassed and villainized me all at once by doing that because then everyone in management knew I liked him and he had the audacity to tell my store director that "he only wants to be coworkers and he doesn't want anything more than that" and the store director tried to give me this BS that he still wants to be friends with me but...that's not how it worked out. This happened around Xmas so I came clean about how I felt about him New Years Day...he said things were ok between the two of us but that's truly not what happened. He started ghosting me outside of work and would ignore most of my text messages - including my birthday when I was trying to get a hangout in person going with others from work (which I had to cancel altogether because nobody was responding or available). He also would keep me away from him as much as possible and his best friend upfront was treating me the same way even though I had zero attraction towards him. It was pretty obvious he was spreading stuff about me behind my back and playing the victim. I also found out that he was crushing on and persueing multiple women that worked there which contradicted him telling me "I only want to think about work when I'm at work" after things had gotten messy between us. He apparently had a reputation for doing this that I didn't find out about until after he got me in trouble for my crush on him. So I was angry from finding this out because he clearly treated women in a way that was worse than anything I ever "did". 

I tried to be as nice and friendly as possible despite that because I figured if things blowed over we could be friends again. But things just got worse over time and he was getting increasingly childish at work. I was called into my store director's office three months later and she told me that "He had gotten uncomfortable to the point where he wants to quit and not work here anymore"...and told me I was getting transferred. However she sat on that for a month because she wanted things to settle. However he was continuing to treat me differently. I remember I was bagging for him and just doing my job and he calls the girl at the self-checkout (I can't hear anything despite him being just right in front of me) and a few minutes later the self-checkout girl was telling me to switch spots with the other bagger...like...he didn't even want me doing my job in front of him. So I was getting fed up with everything and i lashed out on my Instagram. I didn't mention his name but I was tired of how he was treating me over the course of the four months after things went haywire and he blocked me on Instagram after this and then got the store director involved for a third time. And this time I actually did get transferred. The kicker here though is that he ended up quitting on the spot just one week later so essentially he went through all that trouble to get me transferred for nothing. He also got himself cancelled regardless as he lied to several girls that worked there. 

So I transferred out. The store I'm at now is much better since it's mainly older employees at this one so less high school like. I'm not friends with that two-faced NB person anymore either and mostly anyone associated with my crush from there and the NB person unfollowed or blocked me on Insta. However, I will say this. The good majority of people in management, who would have known about the situation between me and him, were still showing genuine support for me and wanted me to do well. That says a lot. One of them even said months later that I shouldn't have had to transfer out but at this point I'd rather not come back. 

So yeah, if I make friends at the workplace, let it be more organic please.

Sugar and sodium. It’s quite annoying how sugary and salty food is here in the US. Soda is liquid candy, and although I occasionally drink ginger ale (cause some foods I need carbonation to eat), I can’t remember the last time I finished a can. I grab flavored seltzer water more often now and I used to HATE seltzer water. I also water down my juices now.

I like cooking my own food so I can control the sodium level.

and I never really was s big partier and drinker but I definitely prefer day parties/brunches now over going to a night club. The fact that I can have my gun and be home in bed by 9 pm is marvelous.

Celebrity culture 

Celebrities are just a source of entertainment for me now but I'm not deeply invested in the stanning world as I once was

On 11/23/2022 at 6:52 AM, Queen. said:

Sis, not grocery shopping....I LOVE to cook. 

Maybe he means the actual experience. I work for one and there is a major chance that he is shopping at a store that plays the most bland and inoffensive music you can think of. (i.e. Colbie Caillat, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, Kelly Clarkson's later material, etc). It gets to the point where the inoffensive music ends up being offensive. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.