What are you starting to like less the older you get?

Queen.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• Breakdown

• smoore95GAGA

• John Slayne

I really dislike the rigid black-and-white way of classifying people as "bad" or "good" that I had when I was younger. Yeah, some people suck (crypto bros, catty people, etc.). But as I get older I realize it's narcissistic and naive to act like most people are terrible or have no good qualities. That comes from such a cynical, joyless place. If you're kind you are able to enjoy most people's company.

- Working and all the BS office culture

- Drinking, dancing and partying, which is really sad since it used to give me so much joy. I think the pandemic helped in major way to irreparably ruin this for me somehow?

- Huge crowds of people and too much noise.

1 hour ago, 4Real said:

Everything

Chile...

68anickiminajmlaughing.gif

Men & sex :biblio:  they really need to stop forcing me and thinking they can change my mind.

"Drama" - I have a friend who I used to be super super close with, but she's SO much to deal with in terms of always creating unnecessary drama/negativity that I had to step out of our friendship and basically distance myself from her. I notice I get annoyed with people in general more often now who want to create negativity and drama out of nothing. 

uhhh what else... I guess like other users have said, I don't really tolerate flakiness anymore. Like when I was younger I wouldn't let it bother me much, but when I'm on one of my two days off work and you flake on me... yeah I'm not going to put up with that lol

3 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

People who say things they don't mean. Literally what is the point of going on about how much you miss me and need to hang out, when you have zero intention to follow through? You're not doing me a favor, life is too short for pretend friendships, we can part ways and keep it moving.

I have people like this in my life currently. Hugely annoying.

Flying, idealism, arbitrary standards for offense, and social media.

• Loud noises.
  • People who play the victim role about situations that they create.
  • Snowflakes.

4 hours ago, FreeXone said:

WORKING

This

I had the idea when I was younger, even a few years ago that I could find something worthwhile and I wouldn't want to retire at 30 because then I'd have nothing to do. But now I realize I'd rather have nothing to do than work :rip:

Obviously this isn't realistic and just hypothetically speaking, but the idealistic notion that I have a "passion" just waiting to be discovered has definitely gone away with age.

Social media, it's just too fake. BeReal was nice for a hot second, until my friends started posting 5 hours late. Even that you want to fake?

Also people who are just flaky. If a time most of us agreed on doesn't work for you, just say so. Going out your way to fabricate proof as to why you cannot make it is so ugly. I'm not one to hold grudges, but that happened to me a few months ago and to this day I still get a bitter taste in my mouth when I remember it. 

Loud noises and bright lights. I still love a good EDM beat, but after 30 minutes, I just develop a headache. :rip: 

OH AND TARDINESS TRIGGERS ME SO BAD. :deadbanana2: You are in your mid 20's, you cannot be tardy. Manage your ******* time. If I know someone scheduled an Uber for 8:30am but they're still scrambling trying to find that wallet of theirs at 8:37am, I get so triggered. Respect people's times, not everyone runs on your schedule. 

Edited by Sombre

11 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

Heavy drinking/going out to bars and clubs until the early hours of the morning. I partied a lot in college but now it’s like damn ma, I’m tired enough as it is :rip:

omg exactly! I'm 25 and i just moved to Denver from Boulder and I'm already over going out to bars all the time. when I still lived in Boulder i would come down to Denver all the time to go out to bars and clubs and spend all night out roaming around the city, but like RIGHT as I finally moved here in august I was just like "eh i'm over it :michael:"

that's not to say that i don't EVER like going out, but i'm just gonna be doing it a lot less frequently than i did from ages 21-24

18 hours ago, Limitless said:

inconsistency, when it comes to meeting people and creating/maintaing friendships and/or relationships.

accurate

also idgaf about junk food and sweet treats anymore

MadonnasBoyfriend

This thread reminds me of scrolling through grindr and seeing every profile only list the things they don't like :biblio: I thought it was gonna be what don't you like about yourself as you get older :coffee2:

i don't really like dressing up anymore. like i'd rather be comfortable nowadays. if i could i wouldn't wear pants or shoes at all, just shorts and flip-flops everyday. i'm sure working from home for the last 2 years contributed to it.

i had to go to the office for the first time 2 weeks ago and i just realized i hadn't worn jeans for close to 4 years they felt weird :deadbanana4:

I agree with so many things everybody says here.

I wanr to star saying i always was seen like the weird/awkard of the room in highschool or any public space outside home. I never partying or dress up or have fashion sense or close groups of friends, i am 24 and feel like i am in mid 30s. So a im tired of things of my normal live in home.

• I tired of new girls in pop (like someone says) and pop music in general feels really repetitive and empty (minimal trend in music), i am hating everyday more music in english i am starting to love spanish music more and more (i am latin).

Yes rap girlies are better more camp more quirky and visual appealing, is POP.

• Videogames in general, they stress me alot, in specific the sims or any game with storyline or missions, i am more a casual gamer who plays casual party games (mario and nintendo in general is so casual).

• I am tired of social media, but not from people in general i always knew everything is not black or white there is a big grayscale and situations, many factors. I usually follow things that make happy (art, design, comedy, etc).

• Coming from latin america, i care less about looks, or shaving, having and haircut on point, males here are so metrosexual. I never dress up or going out, or serve looks, i dont know how to dress.

• I dont like grindr or any other dating app. I am tired of having to have conversation with people who have nothing to say, i always have to put the topic, etc. When they say they are boring and want someone interesting i get annoyed ( i am the cirque du soleil or what).

• In a ironic way in my caribbean country they love long sleeves and hoodies, all the clothing that is not for tropical climate, i am OVER IT, over of anti tropical stuff (housing, clothing).

• I am tired of movies, every year i watch less movies. In 2020 (260 movies), 2021 (200 movies), this year less than 150 movies. I know very trope cliche, i dont watch old movies because these cliches came from those. The only movies i am expectic these year are: Venus by ester exposito, Grinch horror movie, Wennie the Poh horror movie, and the Triangle of Sadness then i am not that excited but open for new movies.

• I tired of working with people, i am tired of bad payed work. I work as a graphic designer for two years in a print shop and it was bad, i get burn out (until today) of graphic design, career, live and everything. I have to do everything in that shop for 29 dollars a month in a 9-5 horary. I am failing all my classes in the career for months (i work before ending school).

Sorry for my bad english and for talk to much i actually dont have friends.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.