Grindr goes public; launches IPO.

umich

Grindr GRND +296.04% , the app geared toward the gay, bi, trans and queer community, started trading on the New York Stock Exchange Friday after merging with blank-check company Tiga Acquisition in a $2.1 billion deal.

Shares (ticker: GRIND) soared more than 400% to $60.60 at last check. That surge was a function of the interest in the company as well as the low float of the stock of about 500,000 shares, Barron’s reported earlier.

While Grindr’s coming out Friday morning was lively — including performances from drag performers Lady Bunny and Jorgeous at the New York Stock Exchange — the Los Angeles-based company faces a challenging time. This year’s volatile markets have made it difficult for companies to go public. Grindr’s already public peers Match Group MTCH –1.55%  (MTCH) and Bumble BMBL –2.98%  (BMBL) have fallen 64% and 31% respectively, this year.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/grindr-grind-going-public-tiga-spac-stock-price-51668787783?tesla=y

12 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

i cant read what dies this mean

It means Grindr is going to ****.

27 minutes ago, aayAlex said:

i cant read what dies this mean

it means everyone is gonna be on grindr looking for b*ssy

I’ve heard the new CEO is a Trump-supporting Republican. I want to ditch, but no other app has as much activity as Grindr. 

11 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I’ve heard the new CEO is a Trump-supporting Republican. I want to ditch, but no other app has as much activity as Grindr. 

tbh since they’re a public company now there will prob be a lot of changes but the new MAGA ceo doesn’t help the situation. 

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Lemme short it :gaycat5:

Same :gaycat1:

38 minutes ago, Attitude said:

60 per share? That seems a bit high tbh.

agreed; the valuation seems a bit suspicious 

19 minutes ago, Limitless said:

They have a lot of monthly active users and their subscription prices are insanely high, yet they still have a ton of people who pay for them. Their business metrics are all publicly available, but I work with companies who are filing their IPO’s with the SEC and I was assigned to Grindr earlier in the spring of this year so I’ve had a little longer to read up on everything. 

16 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Bring back the ethnicity filter 

nnnn, now sis :toofunny3:

12 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

They have a lot of monthly active users and their subscription prices are insanely high, yet they still have a ton of people who pay for them. Their business metrics are all publicly available, but I work with companies who are filing their IPO’s with the SEC and I was assigned to Grindr earlier in the spring of this year so I’ve had a little longer to read up on everything. 

Thanks for this, that makes sense :heart: let me go buy some shares and then short them :gaycat1:

10 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Scruff has been a good replacement imo. People there (at least where I live) are a lot more approachable than the ones on Grindr. Its UI is worse though.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:22 PM, Jotham said:

Scruff has been a good replacement imo. People there (at least where I live) are a lot more approachable than the ones on Grindr. Its UI is worse though.

This is the tea, I've always preferred Scruff. Grindr seems to be 90% guys looking for transwomen/cd or drugs, at least in my area :rip:

Screaming at Grindr being traded now, let me add a couple stocks to my portfolio just for the kii.

When are y’all going to realize grindr has almost single handedly ruined the community 

12 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

When are y’all going to realize grindr has almost single handedly ruined the community 

I cannot meet gay men in real life since I basically live in a small town and all my friends are straight. If it wasn't for grindr I wouldn't have had the opportunity to actually meet amazing people I can still reach out to when I need help in some things. Of course there are some extremely horny freaks, but its also good to meet someone. 

4 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I cannot meet gay men in real life since I basically live in a small town and all my friends are straight. If it wasn't for grindr I wouldn't have had the opportunity to actually meet amazing people I can still reach out to when I need help in some things. Of course there are some extremely horny freaks, but its also good to meet someone. 

Tinder luv, it’s grindr but less old men sending you crusty D pics and asking why you’re ignoring them 

3 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

Tinder luv, it’s grindr but less old men sending you crusty D pics and asking why you’re ignoring them 

I would have to put in a face pic and I'm not out :biblio:

On 11/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, Bacardo Royale said:

Bring back the ethnicity filter 

Omg

On 11/20/2022 at 9:26 PM, BletaRexher said:

It depends on location tho. In smaller towns you might just find someone from grindr. Or at least you can connect with ppl faster. But it's good to have alternatives for Grindr at this point.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:41 PM, Limitless said:

It's already down 85% from the peak of the first day :deadbanana:too bad my broker just added it now hmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Sept said:

It's already down 85% from the peak of the first day :deadbanana:too bad my broker just added it now hmmmmmm

MESS, let me buy it NOW :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.