"You've lost weight, you look great!!"

Nikko

I’ve never been fat so no one would make this comment about me. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeavyMetalAura

• Nano

• BOOMBAYAH

• shookspeare

I'm trying again to lose weight, I'd be glad of the complement.

I get the "you look healthier"  meaning in polite way oh you put on weight :skull:

I feel embarrased myself to admit it, but I would feel very happy if someone tells me that (I've been eating heathier and doing exercises the last month and a lot of people is already noticing my body is changing, so, yes, it feels great, tbh). 

I would feel happy for whoever its being said to. I don't feel bad or embarrassed for feeling that way, or care how people read that. If it was said to me, I would feel like I did something wrong because I'm into fitness and trying to become a muscle daddy. Though I am cutting now...

7 hours ago, Konril said:

I'm trying again to lose weight, I'd be glad of the complement.

Here is an unsolicited trick that has helped me.

My go-to way to lose weight is to utilize my crockpot every day for every meal I eat (which often means I eat the same thing or a slight variation of the same thing). Back when COVID started and stores were closed is when I started this and every time I have been in a weight loss phase, I have done this. I bought all the stuff I needed to make chicken noodle soup and made that every day or every other day.

You'll lose weight incredibly quickly this way and mentally its not as exhausting since you can usually make about 5 servings that you can eat throughout the day. Once you get tired of it, you can switch to something else or make adaptations to it. I've also learned that if you put rice in it, it pretty much dissolves into the soup and makes it the consistency of what you would find inside of a chicken pot pie and its absolutely delicious. Chicken is preferred though because 3 breasts equates to 175-190g of protein which is what I care about the most.

I honestly struggle to lose weight if I don't do this anymore, because I have poor impulse control. Relying on this mentally limits me in a way that I don't feel limited. If that makes sense. And then once a week I will go out with friends.

Edited by Gladiator

it's tricky for me because i love that comment but i realise how much it's enhancing my eating disorder and lowering my self-image when i have some days with too much food

On 11/18/2022 at 9:45 AM, shookspeare said:

It would make my day :jonnycat: fatties need to stop making weight loss compliments into something bad

!!

I'll take any compliment meant positively. :foxaylove:

I get that a lot when I see someone I haven’t seen in a while and it makes me happy because I do put a lot of effort in the gym.

Now if I ate properly… I’d see even faster results.:coffee:

I understand it is a compliment but also feels backhanded. I also fear saying that to someone who has or had an ED.

If i ever compliment someone on their appearance, it is exclusively regarding their proportions, such as: Your waist looks so tiny!

On 11/18/2022 at 9:54 AM, americanlife said:

"You've lost weight" is rude. Just say "you look great."

On 11/19/2022 at 4:29 AM, Blankspace2010 said:

I’ve never been fat so no one would make this comment about me. 

lmao this 

I’ve heard it dozens of times and I used to love it, and it wouldn’t bother me now, but as a whole I’m tired of people commenting on my looks. I own mirrors, I know what I look like. 

I might take offense to it considering I’ve been on a bulking/fitness journey for a few years and have since slowed down and as a result lost a significant portion of muscle, but otherwise I would just say thank you and keep it moving 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.