NYT reporter: Beyoncé's Act II is an acoustic album, Act III is a Jay Z joint album

State of Grace.

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Acoustic means like ballad (guitar-paino) and everyhing? Her most selling album of the last decade is coming. 

An album full of Irreplaceables and The Best Thing I Never Had's? A SMASH era I fear!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Lose My Breath

• Pristine

• Hustler

Mess so Renaissance is already the best one of the 3 acts and she already abandoned it since day one :rip: 

beyhive truly lost 

The idea of an acoustic album sounds cute, but I always play her uptempo songs a lot more. The snoozes on I AM is the reason why IASF is her worst album :giraffe:. However, her voice is so seasoned and soulful now that I can see it being cute as hell. Imagine the heavenly 42 layers stack harmonies with melodic instruments :heart2:

As for the Jayz’ feature, no comment! I dare her to :turkey:

21 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

An album full of Irreplaceables and The Best Thing I Never Had's? A SMASH era I fear!

Those songs are not acoustic.

not ATRL thinking Sasha Fierce and Best Thing I Never had are acoustic :deadbanana4::ahh:

and this the same hive told me black Americans invented dance music :ahh:

the musical ignorance of the hive stays beyond

they had never even heard of afrobeats until The Gift came out :ahh:

Edited by Pristine

9 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

The idea of an acoustic album sounds cute, but I always play her uptempo songs a lot more. The snoozes on I AM is the reason why IASF is her worst album :giraffe:. However, her voice is so seasoned and soulful now that I can see it being cute as hell. Imagine the heavenly 42 layers stack harmonies with melodic instruments :heart2:

As for the Jayz’ feature, no comment! I dare her to :turkey:

Yes! It can't be just straight up live album style. Their needs to be some studio work just to create an atmosphere a la Adele.

15 minutes ago, Pristine said:

not ATRL thinking Sasha Fierce and Best Thing I Never had are acoustic :deadbanana4::ahh:

:coffee2: 

14 minutes ago, Pristine said:

the musical ignorance of the hive stays beyond

they had never even heard of afrobeats until The Gift came out :ahh:

:doc:

Act III is giving retirement; Me, Myself, and my Husband. Act III: Bonnie & Clyde that no one asked for. I am SICK of that man. :clownny:

Is an album under The Carters even counted as a Beyoncé album?? Unless ACT III is going to be credited as Beyonce x Jay Z

38 minutes ago, Pristine said:

Many generas of dance music were created by black Americans, what do you mean? EDM for example. 

Look up Frankie Knuckles, the "godfather" of house music, and techno. 

And IA...SF absolutely has songs that would easily be acoustic if it weren't for small amounts of synth here and there.  Satellites, Ave Maria, Broken-Hearted Girl, and Smash Into You for example

Edited by Lose My Breath

27 minutes ago, Pristine said:

You're so cringe :doc:

Nobody said that, but it's obvious that African Americans have been the architects of the most influential dance genres (Disco, House etc.). 

You being in a battle with the Hive (in your head of course), is something I'd keep to myself tbh.

30 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

ANOTHER joint album? girl-

It's ironic cuz a solo Bey album would probably more successful than a joint one with her husband, I- :skull:

29 minutes ago, Pristine said:

Not a hive but dance music was literally born out of the predominantly black and queer scene in America.

It is factually a genre pioneered by (queer) black people.

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Not a hive but dance music was literally born out of the predominantly black and queer scene in America.

This! What a weird response that was. 

OT: I’m so here for an acoustics album. 

9 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

this braindead US centric forum and its erasure of Africa Carribean and Europe :deadbanana4::lmao:

So Adele will prob will AOTY as they can still award Beyoncé with Act 2 and 3 a year later? :giraffe:

Acoustic sounds cute but another joint album with that man? :skull:

Act 3.            The Suffering. :mazen:

1 hour ago, Pristine said:

Black Americans did though lol. What’s not acoustic about most of the i am side of that album?

Act ll Bliss

Act lll Torture 

:skull: 

Also I’m going to have a very hard time finding someone to go with me to the concert now, everyone I know loves Beyonce, but no one likes/cares about Jay Z, he is literally a rapper from the 90s and his last legit smash was in like 2009.

She really needs to stop doing this, it’s unprofessional at this point to force him on her fans.

Edited by Trent W

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.