Idaho students stabbed to death in mysterious killing, suspect arrested

mystery

CBS News: 4 University of Idaho students were likely killed with an "edged weapon," police say; no suspects in custody
AP NEWS: Killer who stabbed 4 Idaho students to death still at large

MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) — The killer — or killers — who stabbed four University of Idaho students to death remained at large Tuesday, prompting many students to leave the campus in the idyllic small town despite police assurances that there was no imminent risk to the community.

So many students had left the scenic tree-lined campus in Moscow, Idaho, by Tuesday that university officials said a candlelight vigil scheduled for the next day would instead be held after the Thanksgiving break.

The students, all close friends, were found dead in an off-campus rental home around noon on Sunday, and officials said they likely were killed several hours earlier. Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt told the Spokane, Washington-based television station KXLY that her preliminary investigation showed the students were stabbed to death. There is no indication that substance use was involved in the deaths, Mabbutt said.

Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson said he understands that the police claims that the public isn’t at imminent risk seems contradictory to the facts that have been released so far about the killings.

“Obviously, there’s no way police can say that there’s no risk, but what they’re seeing indicates that there’s not a risk that this person will randomly attack people,” Thompson said, noting that it’s also not yet clear if it was one attacker or more.

CNN: A suspect is arrested on a first-degree murder warrant in the killings of four University of Idaho students

The man arrested is Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, according to the criminal complaint. He was taken into custody Friday in Monroe County, the document states.

According to the paperwork, the Pennsylvania State Police assisted with the investigation. The warrant was issued by Moscow police and the Latah County prosecutors office in Idaho.

Records show Kohberger was arraigned Friday morning in Pennsylvania and that he has a court hearing on extradition January 3.

Edited by mystery

I just read another article on this. Apparently they also had two other roommates that were there at the time they supposedly were killed. And there wasn't a sign of robbery according to police. So something isn't adding up. If the roommates were there at the time of the murders, why did no one call 911 until noon? I highly doubt that they could have slept through four different people getting stabbed to death - there had to have been a sign of a struggle or something going on during all of that. You don't stab 4 people to death without noise being made, especially with how violent it supposedly was.

So yeah, the roommates are suspicious

From my experience a college student and that many college students do. They leave their apartment doors unlocked and I always found that baffling. So that any of there friends can enter and exit as they please.

-

So I do believe more than 1 person is involved

I graduated from the college 15 mins away over in WA state... for this to happen in Moscow is random af. It's such a small town. 

Very sad the families have to deal with these loses right before the holidays 

10 hours ago, Speezy said:

From my experience a college student and that many college students do. They leave their apartment doors unlocked and I always found that baffling. So that any of there friends can enter and exit as they please.

-

So I do believe more than 1 person is involved

This is tea. Back when I was living in college town, we left the doors unlocked. One night me and my roommate went clubbing, and when we came back, there was a random drunk dude sleeping in my roomies bed.

I've locked my doors religiously all these years later from that one incident. Scary AF

10 hours ago, Speezy said:

They leave their apartment doors unlocked and I always found that baffling

This is true but now a lot of campus affiliated apartments or dorms have auto locks on the doors and you need your ID card to swipe in and unlock it (with a code). But for off campus housing I know way too many people that have left their doors unlocked.

OT: Can’t imagine how scary that must’ve been for the victims. With four dead it must have been multiple killers too. RIP.

So… just because two young blonde females “say” they were sleeping while four of their friends were murdered…

…we couldn’t possibly think that they are the killers???? :huh:

18 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

So… just because two young blonde females “say” they were sleeping while four of their friends were murdered…

…we couldn’t possibly think that they are the killers???? :huh:

They had a dog so it's definitely someone the dog would have recognized, otherwise it would've probably started barking. Very interesting.

It's interesting what they are not telling us, for sure they have the killers footprints... right? Like how do you stab four people with all of that blood probably everywhere and not leave any footprints? That's probably how they've ruled out the two roommates. 

I'm thinking its either the boyfriend they called ten times that night or someone from the frat party two of them went to that followed them home. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Wizard said:

very disturbing, and still no suspect

It is so frightening, their poor families still don't have answers. 

How has the person(s) gone so long without being caught?!  Four people brutally murdered and no concrete evidence?  Internet is going nuts over this, lots of theories on tik tok/Reddit etc. 

The theory I’ve heard on Reddit is that one of the Mothers of the kids was involved with the cartels and they don’t mess around. She apparently did something they took personally and decapitated the kids. 

There’s no way all 4 college kids were asleep when one of their roommates were being murdered. You’d heard screaming or crying. 

27 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

The theory I’ve heard on Reddit is that one of the Mothers of the kids was involved with the cartels and they don’t mess around. She apparently did something they took personally and decapitated the kids. 

There’s no way all 4 college kids were asleep when one of their roommates were being murdered. You’d heard screaming or crying. 

They weren’t decapitated. 2 of the residents were still alive. Said they heard nothing. There were 6 people in the house and a dog. The cartel thing has pretty much been dismissed. It was a party house. People came and went. 

I noticed leaving the house door unlocked is a very Caucasian-American thing. Not sure about in other countries but I’ve witnessed it so many times here enough to know it happens more in that group than other cultures.

11 hours ago, Buffy said:

I noticed leaving the house door unlocked is a very Caucasian-American thing. Not sure about in other countries but I’ve witnessed it so many times here enough to know it happens more in that group than other cultures.

That’s absolutely not true. In Japan people leave their doors of the flat unlocked or the key on their car because no one would ever try to rob anything. 

34 minutes ago, Hyacinth said:

That’s absolutely not true. In Japan people leave their doors of the flat unlocked or the key on their car because no one would ever try to rob anything. 

That’s why I said I wasn’t sure about other countries. America is different though. It is not safe to leave your door unlocked in this country. There’s a reason why a lock exists. If anyone thinks they’re truly safe and secure without needing to lock their house door or cars, why not just remove the doors then? :rip:

12 hours ago, Buffy said:

lol. This is so untrue. The last time caucasians were leaving doors unlocked was in the 1950s. 

1 minute ago, Horizon Flame said:

lol. This is so untrue. The last time caucasians were leaving doors unlocked was in the 1950s. 

Then why do my roommates and their friends and other people I’ve seen do it the last 2 decades? Lol

Based on a recently released video it looks like lots of people in the college town had easy access to their home. It was likely someone they interacted with oftenish.

I get it, it’s college fun party etc but I’d like to believe I’d hold my key/codes to only roommates. If you need to be in my house I will be there to let you in!

On 12/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, Buffy said:

Then why do my roommates and their friends and other people I’ve seen do it the last 2 decades? Lol

Because they’re crazy. That’s why. :bibliahh:

On 12/19/2022 at 12:52 PM, chris1991 said:

Based on a recently released video it looks like lots of people in the college town had easy access to their home. It was likely someone they interacted with oftenish.

I get it, it’s college fun party etc but I’d like to believe I’d hold my key/codes to only roommates. If you need to be in my house I will be there to let you in!

This bodycam footage of the house back in September - the noise! You’d think it was a club. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.