Ron DeSantis leads Trump by 11 points in new GOP primary poll

anti-bitch

Doesn't matter, amerikka is finally over the GOPs antics. outside of florida there was no red wave. 

RDS or Trump can run and dems will still win 2024. 

Polls like this are usually junk polls used to fit a narrative. GOP establishment doesn't want Trump to run again.

It's way too early. 

I really hope this holds. The GOP has so many flaws, but they are only magnified when Trumpism is involved. Collectively, the GOP needs to move away from Trumpism.

Collectively the GOP shouldn’t exist 

no matter what ends up happening I think Trump vs. the GOP establishment is going to turn into a soap opera / internal war that will rip the Republican party for the next two years. I actually think that they have a decent chance at winning in the 2024 election if they can get rid of Trump, but that's a very big IF. Republicans that distanced themselves from Trump this past election did ok, but it's going to be so next to impossible for them to get rid of him short of getting him thrown in jail when he has such a fanatical base.

who will win, we shall see :eatpopcorn:

Trump has a hold on 30% of the republican party, he will burn that party to the ground before he lets deathsantis run for president and get elected. Even just 10% of magahats not voting for deathsantis because donald said so would make them lose. He might even try running independently. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

I don't think the GOP has much of a choice. DeSantis is their strongest candidate by far.

Wow one fat bigot is being preferred over the last fat bigot. Very cool, and interesting findings!

DeSantis cannot hold his own in a debate, so if he's really going to be the horse they push he'll need to get better at performing. He still owes a lot of his schtick to Trump. Trading one terrible idiot for another is not a winning solution but when you don't actually have strong policies to run on... :dies:

Edited by Blue Monday

I want a Trump vs DeSantis bloodbath to end the GOP party once and for all the way the Tory party is kinda finished in the UK at the moment. 

I'm still not certain DeSantis can win the primary. I think the establishment is just a tad giddy that there is actually finally a probable light in the tunnel for them where the GOP isn't just the MAGA party, but it undoubtedly still is. I think the majority of GOP primary voters would still back Trump over DeSantis. It's a cult of personality, and there's not a strong enough argument DeSantis could make to them. Of course if they were smart they would drop Trump, because DeSantis would fare far better in a general than Trump, but they aren't.

I mean…don’t we want Trump to run?:rip: He would certainly lose against Biden after what we just saw. Dems would sail to another term. On the other hand Desantis would wash Biden :deadbanana2:. Like let’s save Desantis for 2028 when it’s him vs Newsom since Newsom is the only democrat (probably with Whitmer not that far behind) who could defeat Desnatis. 

Edited by 45seconds

1 hour ago, Brando said:

I want a Trump vs DeSantis bloodbath to end the GOP party once and for all the way the Tory party is kinda finished in the UK at the moment. 

The way my mind went to the exact same situation -- I'm ready for this sequel!

28 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

I mean…don’t we want Trump to run?:rip: He would certainly lose against Biden after what we just saw. Dems would sail to another term. On the other hand Desantis would wash Biden :deadbanana2:. Like let’s save Desantis for 2028 when it’s him vs Newsom since Newsom is the only democrat (probably with Whitmer not that far behind) who could defeat Desnatis. 

Deathsantis winning in Florida doesnt translate to the rest of the country. They also put a republican lite terrible candidare Charlie crist to run against deathsantis. That dude use to be a republican has lost every race once he became a dem, idk who was the one with the bright idea to make him run for Florida. A much better candidate can certaintly turn things around there, they cant be an out of touch, rich elitist ******* though. Its going to have to be someone like Fetterman pre-stroke, who every day working class people can relate to.

As far as up and coming people that can take on deathsantis, Josh Shapiro, who won the governors race in Pennsylvania would be an excellent choice, although, not sure the DNC would let him win since hes a progressive. Hes got the charisma and fire to take on anyone, and most importantly he actually wants to pass policies that will help working class people, unlike deathsantis

Edited by Distantconstellation

Trash fighting with trash, wow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.