“Clarity” by Zedd ft. Foxes turns 10

youngpopariana

5 hours ago, Cain said:

Ahh my EDM phase :jonny2: This song, video and the whole album had a chokehold on me back then

I was listening to my library on shuffle and Hourglass came on :jonnycat: I hadn’t listened to it in years my poor wig was levitating :WAP:

When this was initially a free single for iTunes to promote the album and then it smashed like 9 months later, whew. Probably my favorite song of that EDM sound when it was popular.

10 hours ago, naval23 said:

A bop - I could totally picture Carly Rae Jepsen singing this 

If she sang it, it probably would’ve had to the same success as the OG or maybe it’d been even bigger cuz Carly was popping on the charts at the time. 

A bop wow! An EDM classic fr! They still play this at so many raves. So nostalgic! So many memories when listening to this aww.. chokes me up!

I remember when it was announced Gaga was working with him on ARTPOP and my lil gay ass thought she was gonna serve some classics like this :jonny3:

On 11/15/2022 at 12:07 AM, Cheers said:

A bop wow! An EDM classic fr! They still play this at so many raves. So nostalgic! So many memories when listening to this aww.. chokes me up!

I remember when it was announced Gaga was working with him on ARTPOP and my lil gay ass thought she was gonna serve some classics like this :jonny3:

I'm yet to go a rave or a even a club smh :rip:. I turned 18 in 2020 so I'm over the legal age to do these activities.  I wish I could experience what you're describing. ''Clarity'' on HQ speakers. OMG THE COLLAPSE :WAP:

You're right about Zedd's involvement with Gaga on ARTPOP. They didn't give what they were supposed to give.

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Maybe the BEST song of the 2011-2014 EDM boom :jonnycat:

I’m trying to think of another contender for that title but I can’t.

Maybe “Titanium” or “Club Can’t Handle Me”. Although the latter is from 2010. Not in the 2011-2014 EDM craze. David Guetta is credited on both songs :clap3:

Spoiler

We Found Love is kinda overrated that’s why I’m not including it…

Edited by youngpopariana

On 11/18/2022 at 12:09 AM, fountain said:

Incredible song (thanks to Porter Robinson!)

I’m not familiar with that name buy I saw on Wiki that he co-wrote “Clarity”. So why the flowers to him specifically over the other songwriters ? I’m not trying to start anything. Just curious ?

3 hours ago, youngpopariana said:

I’m not familiar with that name buy I saw on Wiki that he co-wrote “Clarity”. So why the flowers to him specifically over the other songwriters ? I’m not trying to start anything. Just curious ?

Yep he wrote it, but Porter also produced the song and it was intended to be released as a collab between himself and Zedd, but he took his name off it because he thought the song was too radio friendly to match with his sound at the time. They were touring together and he let Zedd release it as his own song instead. He also is the backing vocal throughout the song. 

20 hours ago, fountain said:

Yep he wrote it, but Porter also produced the song and it was intended to be released as a collab between himself and Zedd, but he took his name off it because he thought the song was too radio friendly to match with his sound at the time. They were touring together and he let Zedd release it as his own song instead. He also is the backing vocal throughout the song. 

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for telling me !

If you guys had to pick between these 2 Zedd collabs w/ female vocals, which one would you pick ? 

“Clarity” vs “I Want You To Know”

On 11/14/2022 at 12:41 AM, Ger-55 said:

I still like the song, but at the same time I can't stand it with how overplayed it became. :rip:

so basically you're mad that it became a hit lol

On 11/14/2022 at 1:18 AM, Domination said:

Its legacy lives on

god i can't stand how this girl is everywhere now so annoying. her rap interludes are not it lol

On 11/14/2022 at 2:38 AM, Limitless said:

How could I lose when I’m already chose, like…? 

... her grammar i can't lol

On 11/14/2022 at 2:58 AM, youngpopariana said:

Wow really ? I lowkey assumed she was similar to the likes of Jess Glyne, Anne-Marie, Dua Lipa, Zara Larsson, Tove Lo etc… 

But since you’re telling me she’s mostly softer pop vibes than the EDM of “Clarity”, I guess she’s not like that hah. 

Ok gotcha ! Thanks for the insight and the recommendations ! 

in the beginning of her career FOXES has done other dj pop collabs like for example OASIS with KYGO which you should also check out

On 11/14/2022 at 3:01 AM, pavi said:

Don't get me wrong, she does have the mindless pop bops! Her latest album is full of it (and some are bangers, while some are trash imo). It's just not as EDM-oriented as Clarity!

that is simply not the truth. her last album had no trash songs lol

On 11/14/2022 at 3:06 AM, youngpopariana said:

Ohhh interesting ! I’m keeping that in mind. 

PS : I just listened to “Sister Ray” and I dig it. The chorus is very carefree and poppy. It kinda gave me Ava Max vibes if that makes sense ? 

if anything she's serving more so robyn ala call your girlfriend/dancing on my own vibes

On 11/14/2022 at 1:27 PM, naval23 said:

A bop - I could totally picture Carly Rae Jepsen singing this 

omg now you've put this idea into my head. carly should definitely collab with zedd asap

On 11/14/2022 at 11:59 PM, youngpopariana said:

If she sang it, it probably would’ve had to the same success as the OG or maybe it’d been even bigger cuz Carly was popping on the charts at the time. 

this would've been her GOOD TIME 2.0 moment which she would've rightfully deserved

On 11/18/2022 at 12:00 AM, youngpopariana said:

I’m trying to think of another contender for that title but I can’t.

Maybe “Titanium” or “Club Can’t Handle Me”. Although the latter is from 2010. Not in the 2011-2014 EDM craze. David Guetta is credited on both songs :clap3:

Hide contents

We Found Love is kinda overrated that’s why I’m not including it…

i miss that era of music. everything was just so euphoric and carefree before things got moody and monotonous 

On 11/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, youngpopariana said:

If you guys had to pick between these 2 Zedd collabs w/ female vocals, which one would you pick ? 

“Clarity” vs “I Want You To Know”

clarity hands down. selena's voice gets grating because of all of the autotune used on it.

also is zedd ever gonna come out with a third album cause i think that it's also been a decade correct?

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

that is simply not the truth. her last album had no trash songs lol

Absolute and Dance Magic say hi :mandown:

16 minutes ago, pavi said:

Absolute and Dance Magic say hi :mandown:

absolute is a great song tf dance magic gets old quick but that's about it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.