Name an artist you tried to like but cant…

Kimmo

Please keep it drama free. You can either give your reasons or just name the artist. 

Besides Billie, I’ll have to say Ariana Grande, sure she’s got a great voice but that’s about it I just cannot get into her music…

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• Breakdown

• loveisdead9582

• Hiphopper

Phoebe Bridgers - i get bored, I feel like it lacks something catchy. 

Charli XCX - i tried because I like similar artists like Carly, Lorde, Taylor and Tove Lo but something it not clicking for me.

Lana

I like singers and good music, and I just couldn't find either of them.

It’s so much easier to name the few I actually do love :toofunny2:

i guess the obvious ones are benito, tay, jack harlow, bjork, gaga

Chloe - just comes across too desperate and i cant vibe with her songs. 

JustLikeHoney

Billie. 

Also, Adelle I like hearing a song or two and I love them but I can't sit through an entire album. At some point her voice turns into nails on a chalkboard. Their is this weird pitch or vocal distortion that she does that you can't really enjoy for a full 30 minutes that an album takes to listen, but then I take a break and come back and listen. 

It's like their are certain shows I love but I cannot binge watch. Same with Adele. A little at a time is better. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

Tove Lo and MO, I just don't like them at all. Talking Body is a bop but Tove as a person is just not my jam.

For years, I've tried so hard to get into Kylie Minogue and I just can't. I like a lot of her singles and a couple of her albums, but most of her discog is mid :sorry:

Taylor Swift -- I know people rave about how great of a songwriter she is and everything she touches is instant chart/sales gold, but her songs do nothing for me personally. They're nothing I'd choose to listen to in my free time. 

Probably Adele, Billie, Shawn M, Jessie J, and Ariana tbh though I like a lot of her songs I've never listened to a full album.

Tbh most artists post-2015. 

Many of them recycle elements from bigger artists or forcing to be relatable. 

Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift. I've tried to give Taylor a chance with the Folklore hype, but yeah, not my cup of tea. I like some of her songs, but not really much into her albums as full bodies of work.

Bjork (it’s just too out there for me. Sorry). Shawn Mendes (he’s got a couple of good songs but I can’t sit and listen to a whole album). FKA Twigs. Kanye (aside from being a terrible person, his music has been unlistenable for the past decade pretty much). 

Carly Rae Jepsen. I get why people like her and even enjoy a couple of songs, but her music leaves me feeling completely cold.

I also tried to get into The Stone Roses' debut album and there were a couple of songs that I absolutely loved and the rest did nothing for me.

Tyler the Creator but only in terms of individual songs. Like, I really enjoyed his last three albums (especially Igor), but for some reason I always skip him when he comes on shuffle.

Love SOPHIE, so I tried to get into ARCA and could only stand Mequetrefe and that Sia song she redid.

Zara Larsson - comes across as too try-hard, tbh.

Beyonce - just not for me. Been disliking most of her stuff since '97, though I do love Best You Never Had, which the Beyhive hates. :gaycat6:

Camila - again, too try-hard

Madison Beer - pretentious and boring music

Halsey - pretentious and boring music

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.