• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gplcarlos

• Jooj

• ChapelHooker

• Blue Jeans

wish it was out sooner but omg the cover is amazing!!

Vessel is incredible im excited for the new single

On 11/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, Ulysses said:

the cover is like "welcome to Plunge Pt 2" :deadbanana4: the music sounds promising tho

Well Plunge was great so :jonny3:

On 11/10/2022 at 9:01 AM, gplcarlos said:

A BOP

I cannot comprehend how good this is :jonny5: it’s like a rollercoaster, bouncy, thrilling, erratic. So euphoric in good headphones. The outro is eargasm. Maybe my song of the year. The album is cover is so eye grabbing. Karen is just on another level and ahead of time. 

• 1 month later...

New single coming soon, probably "Kandy".

Edited by gplcarlos

4 hours ago, gplcarlos said:

I wanted Looking for a Ghost but ill take it :yum:

Hopefully its another anthem like Carbon Dioxide

20 hours ago, gplcarlos said:

yes

Fever Ray \ Kandy \ 4:07 \ 25.01.2023
according to Apple Music

1 hour ago, sam.teas said:

yes

Reveal hidden contents

Fever Ray \ Kandy \ 4:07 \ 25.01.2023
according to Apple Music

Where can I see this date in Apple Music, which way?

• 3 weeks later...

Kandy and What They Call Us are both so f*cking good :jonny4: loved Plunge, I'm sure I'll love this one too

the new tracks is very The Knife 2013 album vibes which I do not like

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

the new tracks is very The Knife 2013 album vibes which I do not like

That's exactly what I liked about the song. I love that more "organic" sound they have on "Shaking the Habitual" and I love how they made it even more sensual and queer on "Kandy".

Kandy is giving Deep Cuts meets STH, im living 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything about when the next single is coming? Loving the music so far

First album reviews:

Uncut Magazine - April 2023: 7/10

"Relationships and sexuality are the stuff of Karin Dreijer’s work as Fever Ray, subjects lent extra potency by the dark sensuality of their electronic-pop settings. Her first record in almost five years sees her joined by her brother (and other half of The Knife) Olof Dreijer for several co-writes, alongside guests including the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross team and UK producer Vessel, who all give some indication of the album’s character. Fever Ray’s records may be less boldly subversive than The Knife’s, but there are plenty of artful thrills and pleasures here, notably power-trance anthem “Carbon Dioxide”, the chilly, Depeche Mode-ish “North” and scuzzy, attitudinal disco banger “Even It Out”."

- Sharon O'Connel

MOJO Magazine - April 2023: 4/5

"Radical Romantics comes six years after Fever Ray’s Plunge and a decade from Shaking The Habitual by The Knife, the former project of siblings Karin and Olof Dreijer. Temporal gaps aside, this new offering hints at the genre-bending essence of the latter – the electronic patchwork contains fragments of ambient (Bottom Of The Ocean), new wave with a nod to David Sylvian (North) and K-pop (Looking For A Ghost). The similarity is not coincidental – Olof co-produces a few tracks, including the arpeggio-led opener What They Call Us. Although musically it might be a step back, thematically, Radical Romantics can be seen as a mellow follow-up to the angrier, gender-politics-driven Plunge. Instead, it celebrates self-exploration. Wrapped in an eerie cobweb of synths, Shiver finds conflict in attraction: “Some girls will make you blush, some girls will make you shiver.”"

- Irina Shtreis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.