The 10th Annual ATRL Grammys | Bey-naissance

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator

H8aJhcZ.png

And we're back! It's time once again to reward the best music of the past year, and to compare our collective tastes with those of the world's premier music awards show. Using the same categories, procedures and timeline as its namesake, the ATRL Grammys provides an opportunity for members to get in on the Grammy fun before the ceremony in February.

Billie Eilish made history at last year's show when she became the first artist to sweep all three top categories. What will this year's edition, marking a decade of the ATRL Grammys, bring? We'll have to plenty to celebrate in the months ahead, starting with a new category inspired by changes from the Recording Academy.

dh9Maif.png

SUBMISSIONS

In the first stage of the nomination process, ATRL members can submit their favorite albums, songs and artists in up to 27 actual Grammy categories. Music released from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022 is eligible for consideration. You do not have to enter submissions for every category.

BALLOTS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 20, 2022. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Categories

General Field
Members can submit up to five choices in each category

Album of the Year
Record of the Year (awarded to the performer and production team)
Song of the Year (awarded to the songwriter and composer)
Best New Artist

Genre Fields
Members can submit up to three choices in each category

Best Pop Solo Performance
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Best Pop Vocal Album
Best Dance Recording

Best Rock Performance
Best Rock Song
Best Rock Album
Best Alternative Music Album

Best R&B Performance
Best R&B Song
Best R&B Album

Best Rap Performance
Best Melodic Rap Performance
Best Rap Song
Best Rap Album

Best Country Solo Performance
Best Country Duo/Group Performance
Best Country Song
Best Country Album

Producer of the Year

Songwriter of the Year
Best Music Video

Lifetime Achievement
Members can submit one artist whose career has made an exceptional impact upon ATRL.

Previous winners are Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Janet Jackson.

2jLcrOF.png

LONGLISTS

In the second stage of the nomination process, ATRL members will pick the final nominees from longlists of the top submissions in each category. These will be announced on November 21, 2022.

Longlists

BALLOTS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 30, 2022. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

KuBREzd.png

NOMINATIONS

The nominees in each category will be announced on December 4, 2022.

Announcement

VOTES ARE DUE BY JANUARY 2, 2023. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Official ballot

WAPP3rT.png

WINNERS

The winners in each category will be announced during the ATRL Grammys ceremony on February 11, 2023.

Red carpet and pre-show awards

THE 10TH ANNUAL ATRL GRAMMYS

Album of the Year
Renaissance Beyoncé

Record of the Year

"Alien Superstar" Beyoncé

Song of the Year

"All Too Well (10 Minute Version)" Taylor Swift

Songwriters: Liz Rose and Taylor Swift

Best New Artist

Ethel Cain

Best Pop Solo Performance

"Alien Superstar" Beyoncé

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

"Beg For You" Charli XCX ft. Rina Sawayama

Best Pop Vocal Album
Renaissance Beyoncé

Best Dance Recording

"Break My Soul" Beyoncé

Best Rock Performance

"King" Florence + The Machine

Best Rock Song

"King" Florence + The Machine

Songwriters: Jack Antonoff and Florence Welch

Best Rock Album
Love Sux Avril Lavigne

Best Alternative Album
Preacher's Daughter Ethel Cain

Best R&B Performance
"Virgo's Groove" Beyoncé

Best R&B Song

"Cuff It" Beyoncé

Songwriters: Denisia Andrews, Mary Brockert, Brittany Coney, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, Allen McGrier, Terius Nash, Morten Ristorp, Nile Rodgers and Raphael Saadiq 

Best R&B Album
Still Over It Summer Walker

Best Rap Performance

"Plan B" Megan Thee Stallion

Best Melodic Rap Performance
"Persuasive" Doechii

Best Rap Song

"Plan B" Megan Thee Stallion

Songwriters: Dalvin DeGrate, Donald DeGrate, Omar Perrin, Megan Pete and Robert Watson

Best Rap Album
Un Verano Sin Ti Bad Bunny

Best Country Solo Performance

"Better Man" Taylor Swift

Best Country Duo/Group Performance

"I Bet You Think About Me" Taylor Swift ft. Chris Stapleton

Best Country Song

"C'mon Baby, Cry" Orville Peck

Songwriters: Tobias Jesso Jr., Orville Peck and Chris Stracey

Best Country Album

Bronco Orville Peck

Producer of the Year

A.G. Cook

Songwriter of the Year

Nija Charles

Best Music Video

"Saoko" Rosalía

Lifetime Achievement Award

Shakira

OlC3nx2.png

PARTICIPANTS

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Virgos Groove

• wehavetostan

• Achilles.

• ATRL Moderator
  Hide contents

@305 @original_lifeline @mokitsu @alfonso12 @Brando @dangerousalex @Never Ending @GreatestLoveofAll @Insanity @Miss Show Business @beatinglikeadrum @pxxxtrick @Meev @OreGuy @nasa @Mr. Loco @Staryu @TROPICUM @Monky_2405 @PrismaticOwen @Bloodflowers. @Legend E @josesuxx @ikiru @theblackestday @Ken Lee @Indigo Blue @aespa @hofork @STONE @Temporal @Kiss It Better @Ant @artc0cx @MAXIMO @Ewan Chaos @Dark Miracles @madonnas @TRF. @Achilles. @Crank_It_Up @bestfiction @BlackoutZone @Prison @SadGirl @hallucinate @onapearl @wehavetostan @Element @gagacasanova @cityfolk @Devin @Not Like The Movies @dweebz @Tinashegrande6 @MP2K @rl231 @Golden Hour @Scorp @Miss Americana @badgirlriri @Feanor @diogozsz @wastedpotential @Janet @superben @feuxtography @Ivan_brit @Moonlightbae @CBC @Fitzswiftie @Mr. Blue_Shirt @oscar13 @khalyan @SickLove @Chemical X. @World Eater @Johnny Jacobs @Santhosh @Sanguine @Green @Heart.me @itsjem @99sandthe2000s @PrinceMichaelFan @Wyvern @Ash12345 @DAP @Lorde Von Vok @vlayonce @cognitus. @witness1.3 @ppp @clue @Enigmanotta @Bindi @Frozen99 @Daylight @Supervillain @littlepotter @sivencoin @justin464 @Michael196 @WildOne @DevonRoars @Thinking Of You @Great Username @SimpleKindofLife @Icarus @Vroom Vroom @simmnfierzig @Ms. Togekiss @Klein @fridayteenage @WeFoundTrouble @Ace Reject @Kod [ V ] @Ohyes @unison stan @Cry @dangerousbutera @aotearoa @Pussy Destroyer @On The Bound @Mercurio @Curiosity @Lazuli @Indie Go Mind @Reverie @andresg770 @Crashed @NewStanner @Fastlane @Stanna Kendrick @syrus @Schami66 @Truth Teller @brokee @Supervixen @wish @Jormungand @FinleyGates @roso @Luckitty @Zeferino @DesiredConsternation @beagle @Fnooky @Miichael @Pink Whitney @slw84 @Hurem @JoeAg @justlore @DUA LIPA @Idleworship @kandicha @Galactic @certified lover boy @V3$$3L.

The ATRL Grammys are back! Don't miss this year's awards.

Just now, supaspaz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@305 @original_lifeline @mokitsu @alfonso12 @Brando @dangerousalex @Never Ending @GreatestLoveofAll @Insanity @Miss Show Business @beatinglikeadrum @pxxxtrick @Meev @OreGuy @nasa @Mr. Loco @Staryu @TROPICUM @Monky_2405 @PrismaticOwen @Bloodflowers. @Legend E @josesuxx @ikiru @theblackestday @Ken Lee @Indigo Blue @aespa @hofork @STONE @Temporal @Kiss It Better @Ant @artc0cx @MAXIMO @Ewan Chaos @Dark Miracles @madonnas @TRF. @Achilles. @Crank_It_Up @bestfiction @BlackoutZone @Prison @SadGirl @hallucinate @onapearl @wehavetostan @Element @gagacasanova @cityfolk @Devin @Not Like The Movies @dweebz @Tinashegrande6 @MP2K @rl231 @Golden Hour @Scorp @Miss Americana @badgirlriri @Feanor @diogozsz @wastedpotential @Janet @superben @feuxtography @Ivan_brit @Moonlightbae @CBC @Fitzswiftie @Mr. Blue_Shirt @oscar13 @khalyan @SickLove @Chemical X. @World Eater @Johnny Jacobs @Santhosh @Sanguine @Green @Heart.me @itsjem @99sandthe2000s @PrinceMichaelFan @Wyvern @Ash12345 @DAP @Lorde Von Vok @vlayonce @cognitus. @witness1.3 @ppp @clue @Enigmanotta @Bindi @Frozen99 @Daylight @Supervillain @littlepotter @sivencoin @justin464 @Michael196 @WildOne @DevonRoars @Thinking Of You @Great Username @SimpleKindofLife @Icarus @Vroom Vroom @simmnfierzig @Ms. Togekiss @Klein @fridayteenage @WeFoundTrouble @Ace Reject @Kod [ V ] @Ohyes @unison stan @Cry @dangerousbutera @aotearoa @***** Destroyer @On The Bound @Mercurio @Curiosity @Lazuli @Indie Go Mind @Reverie @andresg770 @Crashed @NewStanner @Fastlane @Stanna Kendrick @syrus @Schami66 @Truth Teller @brokee @Supervixen @wish @Jormungand @FinleyGates @roso @Luckitty @Zeferino @DesiredConsternation @beagle @Fnooky @Miichael @Pink Whitney @slw84 @Hurem @JoeAg @justlore @DUA LIPA @Idleworship @kandicha @Galactic @certified lover boy @V3$$3L.

The ATRL Grammys are back! Don't miss this year's awards.

Can I present a rap category?

Rap Album and/or Rap Song 

• ATRL Moderator

Feel free to use this thread to advocate for your favorites or ask any clarifying questions. GoldDerby has a helpful rundown of where many major artists submitted their work at the actual Grammys: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2023-grammys-submissions/

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Can I present a rap category?

Rap Album and/or Rap Song 

Legend! You got your request in early this year. But normally you just want to present Best Rap Album. I'm legitimately shocked you would consider Best Rap Song.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, wehavetostan said:

RENAISSANCE coming for AOTY :msmarvel:

It deserves! Can Bey become the first artist to snatch three AOTY wins at the ATRL Grammys? I feel like Rosalía might be her main competition this year.

Encanto coming to sweep (if it does get nominated)

Edited by keatonzee

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, wish said:

How has it already been a year since the last one :deadbanana4:

Well, really only about 9 months since the winner was announced. But I agree with you. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Always a fun time! Ren seems like the obvious AOTY choice by the forum, but the other categories will be very interesting... would need to do some thinking about who I'd like to post for considerations!

9 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Legend! You got your request in early this year. But normally you just want to present Best Rap Album. I'm legitimately shocked you would consider Best Rap Song.

Whatever is the BIGGEST Rap category for this year's show. Put me on!  

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Whatever is the BIGGEST Rap category for this year's show. Put me on!  

Not me overlooking that Nicki has an eligible song but not an eligible album this year…

• ATRL Moderator

I wonder who wins the Lifetime Achievement Award this year. Does Katy finally get it after all her peers have already been honored? Does someone young and fresh like Ariana swoop in? Might the voters dip into the past for a former forum staple like Kesha or Kelly Clarkson?

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, keatonzee said:

I have a question:
are there any qualifications for Best New Artist?

Came to prominence during the eligibility period and can’t have been nominated for an ATRL Grammy before.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, 305 said:

There should be Latin categories...just saying

There’s only so much I can take on! That music is still eligible if there’s another category where it fits.

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

There’s only so much I can take on! That music is still eligible if there’s another category where it fits.

I get it but another 2-3 more categories wouldn't hurt...Latin music has been taking over in recent years especially this year with Bad Bunny ruling the charts. I just feel it should've been recognized 

can we send FYCs in here?

I'd love to listen to a few album recommendations that might intrigue me that I missed this year :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.