The 10th Annual ATRL Grammys | Bey-naissance

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Green said:

Heated is not a rap song 

That's why the Grammys moved it to R&B performance

I didn't even realize it was submitted. Should have double checked the GoldDerby thread. Yeah, I messed up. Everyone please vote for literally anything else!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Virgos Groove

• wehavetostan

• Achilles.

• ATRL Moderator
On 11/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, supaspaz said:

Kind of want to plead momentary insanity for allowing "Heated" into Best Melodic Rap Performance. Maybe you can all just stop voting for it instead of forcing me to decide whether I need to disqualify it?

Resurfacing this public service announcement, since it doesn't feel like I've been heard!

• ATRL Moderator

It's so interesting to me how Carly was once an Album of the Year winner and ever since it seems like she can barely get arrested by the ATRL Grammys.

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, supaspaz said:

It's so interesting to me how Carly was once an Album of the Year winner and ever since it seems like she can barely get arrested by the ATRL Grammys.

The pulse of the forum has changed!

• ATRL Moderator
47 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

The pulse of the forum has changed!

In some ways for the better (a few men might actually get major nominations) and some for the worse (Kim Petras)!

Spent 2 hours listening to a playlist of longlisted songs and managed to scrap together a slate of nominees for most song categories… On the whole, this is not a year of music that has impressed me much. 

That said, Emily Scott Robinson’s two song submissions were so stunning I immediately put her album on. Certainly voting for her in every eligible category. This is the great kind of material I always hope to find during this process. Whew. 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Spent 2 hours listening to a playlist of longlisted songs and managed to scrap together a slate of nominees for most song categories… On the whole, this is not a year of music that has impressed me much. 

That said, Emily Scott Robinson’s two song submissions were so stunning I immediately put her album on. Certainly voting for her in every eligible category. This is the great kind of material I always hope to find during this process. Whew. 

Amazing! You should share your playlist here so others can use it, too.

Finally sent! was sitting on it and couldn't finished because i really enjoyed lot of albums and songs released this year. R&B category was the hardest to choice.

Finally sent! was sitting on it and couldn't finished because i really enjoyed lot of albums and songs released this year. R&B category was the hardest to choice.

Finally listened to every album on the longlist for Album of the Year. Took me quite some time but I hope I can submit my nominations by tomorrow :redface:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Crashed said:

Finally listened to every album on the longlist for Album of the Year. Took me quite some time but I hope I can submit my nominations by tomorrow :redface:

Some of you are true legends!

• ATRL Moderator

• ATRL Moderator

Did Aaron Dessner produce anything of note during the eligibility period or do people just recognize his name?

• ATRL Moderator

A lot of people this year are nominating not just every single entry by the same artist in a category, but every single entry by multiple artists in a category. I've never seen it this bad before! I may need to create a new rule next year.

25 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

I wish I could do that too, but I don't have that much time bc of the university :rip:

Fortunately I work from home atm, so I always listened some music in the background and made a quick note when I finished an album :giraffe:

I'd love to listen to everything in the longlist before I vote everything but I think I can only do it for country (because I basically know none of these noms and probably would have only nominated one or two other acts/songs/albums :rip:). Let me getting this done tonight/tomorrow hopefully.

Would have tried doing the initial submission but was WAY too busy this year and the longlists make it way easier to at least pick & choose.

• ATRL Moderator

To be clear, you don’t have to listen to everything before the nominations! I am in awe of anyone who takes that on, but it’s not a requirement.

4 hours ago, supaspaz said:

is there any way to get an extra day or two? thanksgiving holiday was pretty swamped for me

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, cityfolk said:

is there any way to get an extra day or two? thanksgiving holiday was pretty swamped for me

Yeah, potentially. I was planning to give myself a bit of a window after the deadline to prepare before announcing the nominations.

finally listened to the most of the longlist :deadvision:  country wasn't really good this year :skull: 

also feel sad that Sharon Van Etten didn't snatch any nominations :'( 

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, Crashed said:

@supaspaz Is Blue Banisters by Lana really eligible for Song of the Year? The song has been released in May 2021 :psyduck:

Oh, I'm an absolute idiot. I try to be really thorough about checking all of the eligibility requirements for submissions, but sometimes things slip through the cracks. This was one of those. "Blue Banisters" was an even on the SOTY longlist last year, so I truly have no excuse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.