• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Virgos Groove

• wehavetostan

• Achilles.

• ATRL Moderator
57 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Now which blue ribbon person championed Sudan Archives? The taste that that has :alexz:

It wasn't a blue ribbon panel. She was submitted by several people.

glad i didn't submit anything before longlists cause nearly none of my favs are in the longlists  :deadbanana4: will submit somethings asap :thing:

7 hours ago, supaspaz said:

What can I clarify for you?

The BNA guidelines are confusing. Several of the artists have been quite known on ATRL for years

Y’all tried it in the rap category per usual. :coffee2:

@supaspaz is it okay to submit all categories I’m most familiar with? I feel bad voting in categories like country when I only checked for 1 album there in 2022 lol.

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, Devin said:

@supaspaz is it okay to submit all categories I’m most familiar with? I feel bad voting in categories like country when I only checked for 1 album there in 2022 lol.

Yes, there is no requirement to submit in every category. The guidelines are a ceiling, not a floor. And I would certainly much rather that you only vote where you are familiar with the music. Though this also an opportunity to check out new music!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, 305 said:

The BNA guidelines are confusing. Several of the artists have been quite known on ATRL for years

The first record I have for Anitta is five years ago, when someone submitted her Iggy Azalea collab "Switch." Maybe it was the wrong call, but is there a particular breakout moment for her this year that you think would distinguish it as Best New Artist eligible?

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

The first record I have for Anitta is five years ago, when someone submitted her Iggy Azalea collab "Switch." Maybe it was the wrong call, but is there a particular breakout moment for her this year that you think would distinguish it as Best New Artist eligible?

I'm not necessarily speaking about Anitta, I actually agree with you on that one. But Joji and both of the Sabrina's are definitely not "new" to ATRL. I tried to submit Shygirl and was told that she's too known :michael:

18 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Yes, there is no requirement to submit in every category. The guidelines are a ceiling, not a floor. And I would certainly much rather that you only vote where you are familiar with the music. Though this also an opportunity to check out new music!

Gotcha, thank you + submitted. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

And that's still lowkey late for Anitta. I was shocked to find out recently that her first Latin Grammy nom was in 2014 :deadbanana2: Like I knew she'd been around for a while, but not THAT long...

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, 305 said:

I'm not necessarily speaking about Anitta, I actually agree with you on that one. But Joji and both of the Sabrina's are definitely not "new" to ATRL. I tried to submit Shygirl and was told that she's too known :michael:

Joji was submitted once before, two years ago, by one person. He had a #1 hit in this eligibility period, his first major chart smash, so clearly it was a breakthrough year for him into the public consciousness.

Sabrina Claudio was submitted once before, during the “Unravel Me” era. She made some longlists, but scored no nominations, and finished almost last among the Best New Artist crop during the blue ribbon panel. I was willing to consider that she was still coming into a new level of awareness for ATRL.

Sabrina Carpenter songs have been submitted twice before, by one person each. She’s never been submitted for Best New Artist previously. Her emergence as a mainstream pop artist this year made her an easy call for inclusion.

Shygirl was nominated for Best New Artist last year. She wasn’t eligible.

• ATRL Moderator

I’m all for transparency, so please ask me any questions you have!

• ATRL Moderator

If you're voting for three or four Beyoncé songs for Record of the Year...consider checking out the rest of the longlist!

• ATRL Moderator

Kind of want to plead momentary insanity for allowing "Heated" into Best Melodic Rap Performance. Maybe you can all just stop voting for it instead of forcing me to decide whether I need to disqualify it?

12 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Kind of want to plead momentary insanity for allowing "Heated" into Best Melodic Rap Performance. Maybe you can all just stop voting for it instead of forcing me to decide whether I need to disqualify it?

Why would you?

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Why would you?

Because it's not really a rap song.

• ATRL Moderator

Nearly 40 ballots already! That's amazing. So thankful to you all for participating. And you've still got another week to send in your nominations!

Heated is not a rap song 

That's why the Grammys moved it to R&B performance

THE SHOCK when i played this instead of the emily robinson song :ahh:

Ready for the Ethel Cain supremacy... 

Truly a disgrace to cannibals everywhere that it did not get nominated for AOTY... its racist 

• ATRL Moderator

I know ATRLers are not the biggest fans of country, but I implore you all to give American Siren by Emily Scott Robinson a listen. Pure excellence and deserving of an AOTY nomination.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.