Rihanna denies new music coming soon

Supervillain

Just saw a buch interviews for the Savage show :dies:  she is soooo funny the way she cuts the interviews or the way she dont want to answer anything LOL I kind of love her

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImsoLOUD

• collin

• #Beautiful

• Breathe On Moi

Poor navy :deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Her heart's not in music anymore which is sad but it is what it is.

This just means I prob wont be interested in any of her music moving forward because I'll know she aint into it like she used to be. Fair enough.

I mean no shade but we probably already heard all the albums she discarded since 2017 after the demos were passed to other singers. I'm sure if you scoured Halsey, Camila, Normani, Beyonce (let's not forget the "Pretty Hurts" situation), BLACKPINK, and others' releases since you could find many demos that Rihanna recorded and then passed on. 

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is my guess:

She really only cares about her overall brand/image as far as it can help her beauty products line, which is her main focus atm. So she judged it was time to remind the public that she became famous for being a singer, hence Superbowl and a tour next year. And she also thought she needed to release some new music, so they've chosen to go about it in a 'safe' way with a soundtrack single, maybe a high-profile collab next year and a stand-alone single or two. That way if the songs flop, she is still headlining the Superbowl and doing a successful Greatest Hits tour. Whereas a whole new album is much riskier, if it flops then it risks damaging Rihanna's overall brand and putting into question her relevance in today's market.

This is very true tbh

Why else would she comeback to music and do the SB if there is no new music on the horizon?? I really do not get it :deadbanana: 

Although I disagree about the touring part, fenty beauty and savage is much more lucrative way for her to make money, she has no need to tour (although I do see the rumours of her doing Glastonbury and Coachella being true and being enough spotlight for her)

man, being a navy truly sucks 

When she said she has TO GET TO WORK :rip:

Miss thing has been doing everything else in the world BUT music, she is DONE with it. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

Is it just me or she and Billie Eilish talk/express themselves very similar.

OT: yawn

Wait you're right! It's that cool girl idgaf charisma I guess :wave:

Dis bish better just be saying things to throw ppl off from a surprise release.

Anyway, if she pulls a Beyoncé and releases almost a year after her Super Bowl performance she might as well keep it. 

Edited by Iaintsorry

7 hours ago, La Reina said:

Serving Xtina from 2013-2017 vibes. :rip:

Didn't Rihanna once say that fashion is her #1 and that music was just a way for her to get there? Writing camps were the reason she was churning out albums yearly back then. Apart from that, she was never that involved with her music tbh so it wouldn't surprise me if she actually never returned to it

Nope, never said this. But I think Gaga did say this but about acting lol

3 hours ago, Oxy said:

She means new music isn’t coinciding with the super bowl. 

Maybe after the performance? 

No. she says she was worried people would assume superbowl=new album. Then followed by saying she still needs to work on music. 

10 hours ago, AlexStexaul said:

she was never an artist. she was more like a label’s cash grab went right during her peak (early 2010s).

so she’s not having a passion for music isnt surprising to me. 

%99 of her hits written by somebody else, produced by someone else. lack of performance skills and so on. 

you cant expect people to stan you for 20 years just for your beauty. 

im glad one of the unnecessary singers surrendered from the crowded commercial market she wasnt needed anyways. 

k,bye for now sunshine.

What are you talking about. People did Stan her beauty for 20 years, that’s the problem! In fact so much so she quit music to focus on beauty lol

Im done with this *****

6y1kyl.gif

This is the first time in 5 years she’s said the album ISN’T coming. Which probably means it is… 

She didnt say it wasnt coming, she said she wouldve done the super bowl regardless.

Then I’m glad she got blocked

Rihanna record that album h*e literally what is ur purpose good for nothing absolutely useless I wish she would be shipped back to Barbados so sick of her 

She has to release an album around the superbowl performance so chill….

From what I gathered from that interview it looks like she has something cooking, her facial expression give it away almost like trying not to spoil anything 

She has no incentive to release an album. With her position in the industry now, music for her exists solely as a vehicle to market her brand & poor reception would risk her asking price. The more elusiveness & scarcity she maintains, the higher her demand will be & the more bank she can make from a movie soundtrack feature like Lift Me Up, or special appearances & performances, like the Super Bowl.

I see her putting out a greatest hits, maybe with reimagined production & a couple of new tracks, a la Queen Radio. A whole album? I don’t see it anytime soon.

Buy her bras. 

rihanna-vs-3-14448340911.gif

It sounds like she hadn’t even started anything when she made the Super Bowl announcement by her wording :deadvision:

6 years without new album. She's trying to save Mariah's #1s record. She would have beaten Mariah's record had she been a regular pop stable tbh

All it took was one look at LMU's #2 placement at the Hot 100 and she came with this conclusion :redface:

RockStarShit101
18 hours ago, Roberto said:

Come back to the studio and release a cute 11-track pop album. Is it that hard? :deadbanana4: I don't think so, she did that 4 times back in 2009-2012. :deadbanana4:

I don’t know what’s so hard about that!!! :rip:

I love her but she doesn’t write nor produce her music, so it’s really not that hard to release an album from her. She could have released two or more album since 2017.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.