Mylène Farmer - 'L'emprise'

madonnafan18

The cover...

Ip3s8A8.gif 

but A Tout JaSLAYS

S1wK1xz.gif 

The cover reminds me a lot of 9 by Lara Fabian, I'm sure a lot of comparisons will be drawn. It's beautiful, but I expected more.

01. Invisibles (3:35)
02. À tout jamais (3:46)
03. Que l'aube est belle (5:08)
04. L'emprise (3:54)
05. Do you know who I am (4:03)
06. Rallumer les étoiles (4:24)
07. Rayon vert - Duet with AaRON (3:45)
08. Ode à l'apesanteur (3:32)
09. Que je devienne (4:14)
10. Ne plus renaître (6:06)
11. D'un autre part (3:12)
12. Bouteille à la mer (4:16)
13. Rayon vert - Piano-voix (3:12)
14. Invisibles - Piano-voix (3:32)

i knew that fetus position would've been the cover and i disliked it but now actually seeing it properly, i even like the way the text is positioned, so excited

I recently became a Mylene fan and I'll be looking forward to this 

She worked with four different producers (Woodkid, AaRon, Moby, and Archive) for this project so I'm interested in seeing what songs from each producer made it onto the album.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sam.teas said:

another song is on the way

Hide contents

Mylène Farmer and Aaron \ Rayon Vert \ 3:45 - pretty soon 

tenor35pe7.gif

Rayon vert is terrific, I wonder how the piano version will sound... I'm so excited for the rest of this album! :duca:

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my favorite songs from the album after first listen:

L'Emprise

A Tout Jamais

Bouteille a la mer

Ne plus renaitre

Que je devienne

Invisibles

On 10/19/2022 at 3:05 AM, Enigmanotta said:

07. Rayon vert - Duet with AaRON (3:45)

OMG his song Lili is literally an emotional masterpiece. I am expecting a lot ofr this duet

Edited by IBeMe

Listening to this right now. On "L'Emprise" (the track) and actually liking it so far. It's like a modern version of Avant que l'ombre or something. 

just finished the album and this might be her best album after innamoramento :jonny3: she took the best attributes of avant que l’ombre and désobéissance and made another masterpiece :jonny3:

magnificent experience, im gonna take some time after first listen wow. omg no filler allows, the theatrical production on 'Ne plus renaître' is so special.

:jonnycat:

This one is going to take me a minute to get into. But I’ve ordered my copy and it should arrive shortly. The title track is incredible. 

My top 3

Bouteille a la Mer

Rayon Vert

Ne Plus Renaitre

Pleased with the album overall, I can see myself replaying it until the concerts in June  :deadbanana2:

This is really good. Absolutely not what I would've expected from her after Monkey Me, Interstellaires, Desobeissance. I love Desobeissance so much and consider it top 5 Mylene but this album is way more brooding and cinematic than anything she's done since the back half of Bleu Noir. It really feels like the extension of her Live 2019 themes and in particular her revisiting M'effondre. 

It's much more dense, less pop for the most part. 

That said it makes having songs like Bouteille à la mer and Rallumer les étoiles thrown on seem very discordant with the others, but they are really great big pop songs so I'm not especially mad at it. 

The title track, I want to love but I can't help hearing its similarities to À tout jamais and it's very distracting. 

Que l'aube est belle & Rayon Vert are my favourites, especially the piano version of the latter is something else. 

On 11/24/2022 at 7:27 PM, tiagol88 said:

Listening to this right now. On "L'Emprise" (the track) and actually liking it so far. It's like a modern version of Avant que l'ombre or something. 

4 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

This one is going to take me a minute to get into. But I’ve ordered my copy and it should arrive shortly. The title track is incredible. 

On 11/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, worldwide angel said:

just finished the album and this might be her best album after innamoramento :jonny3: she took the best attributes of avant que l’ombre and désobéissance and made another masterpiece :jonny3:

I need to know your fave songs xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.