• Mr. Duff

Not May :rip:

releasing 8 months later Charlie's impact

What is this title? :rip: 

Those vinyl plants are REALLY backed up :deadbanana2:

Edited by DancingShoes

Lewis and his weird long titles. 

And why is he announcing it so early? :spin:

Looks formulatic and he wants to repeat the same stuff as his debut album, mmm we'll see, still perched for him.

I love the title.

but announcing an album 8 months in advance? What the hell…

I need his version of How To Be Lonely to leak!.. Totally random but needed to say it out loud. lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63175274
One of the undoubted highlights of his forthcoming album is a song called Pointless. An out-and-out love song, it's a departure for the star, courtesy of co-writer Ed Sheeran, who "brought out the softy in me".  Capaldi says he was initially sceptical of collaborating with pop's most ubiquitous hitmaker simply because "every British artist who has a number one record seems to have Ed on it".

"That's a testament to how good he is but I was wary of it," he explains. "My ego was going, 'I don't want people thinking Ed wrote my song'.
"I actually mentioned that to him and he offered to take up a pseudonym - but at the end of the day, he did help write it so there should be no question."

"I bring her coffee in the mornings," he sings. "She brings me inner peace."

But the star insisted on cutting one of Ed's original lyrics, which ran: "She gives me more than everything, I'll give her my last name."

"I was like, 'Ed, this is 2022. No-one has to take anyone's second name. I'm not singing that!'

"I don't even think," he adds, "that Ed's own wife has got his last name."

Although the album won't be out until 2023, Capaldi lets the BBC hear a couple of his favourite cuts. Wish You The Best is a gut-punch goodbye to a former girlfriend, while Haven't You Ever Been In Love Before showcases the star's ability for stirring atmospherics.

Yeah, he's going for a Harry's House type of sound I believe. :matty:

On 10/18/2022 at 11:41 PM, CosTaSsSs said:

I need his version of How To Be Lonely to leak!.. Totally random but needed to say it out loud. lol

I totally agree.

so risky like if next single start flopping which slightly shown on 'forget me', jeopardize the rollout when album done just doesnt make sense for him.

testament to label management, good luck hope he get another smash coming whether his own or random collab with hmm cat burn girl?

• 3 weeks later...

The Face: 

He wrote with Matty Healy of The 1975, Harry Styles wingman Kid Harpoon, Shellback, Gary Barlow. None of those collabs made the final cut for the album, though. He went to Los Angeles for a six-week writing expedition towards the end of 2021. He came back with a bit of one song.

Sure, there was a trip to Sweden, to collaborate with Max Martin and his mob” on a belting power ballad that has made it to the finished album. 

Edited by feelsoalive

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 6:07 PM, feelsoalive said:

Sure, there was a trip to Sweden, to collaborate with Max Martin and his mob” on a belting power ballad that has made it to the finished album. 

This song with Max Martin is called Leave Me Slowly. "It sounds like an ’80s high school slow dance banger"

Soaring power-ballad Leave Me Slowly is a song that came at the other end of the writing period, its creative credentials speaking to the A-list stratosphere in which Capaldi now finds himself. It was begun in Sweden in December 2021 with Max Martin’s production team, with Martin and Capaldi finishing the song over Zoom.

“All the usual ****’s in there – the love and loss – but there are two songs in particular about my mental health that I’m nervous for people to hear,” said Lewis.
“There’s a line in the last song of the album which is, ‘So here’s to my beautiful life that seems to leave me so unsatisfied’ and I don’t want people to get the wrong idea and feel like I’m being ungrateful. It’s just about a moment when I was very low and dejected making a second record.”

Edited by Nefertiti0

Maybe on Friday or the friday after? He's teasing this for some time now.

On 10/18/2022 at 1:31 PM, Cheap Thrills 9.0 said:

He is the king of cringe album titles

his music is hella dramatic the album titles should match that lol

On 10/18/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ger-55 said:

Looks formulatic and he wants to repeat the same stuff as his debut album, mmm we'll see, still perched for him.

more like he has a sound why switch it up lol he's the new heartbroken guy and basically what ed was when he first debuted

On 10/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, CosTaSsSs said:

him and rita should totally collab on a ballad and serve us their IF THE WORLD WAS ENDING

On 11/12/2022 at 12:07 PM, feelsoalive said:

The Face: 

He wrote with Matty Healy of The 1975, Harry Styles wingman Kid Harpoon, Shellback, Gary Barlow. None of those collabs made the final cut for the album, though. He went to Los Angeles for a six-week writing expedition towards the end of 2021. He came back with a bit of one song.

which collabs? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.