• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

I would have taken Lose You and I'm Not Here to Make Friends, maybe even Perfect (without Jessie) and told them to get rid of the rest.

The biggest problem with INHTMF is the non-event production. It goes nowhere , doesn't evolve, doesn't explode and it lacks a big chorus.

The instrumental outro along with the pre-chorus are the best parts of the song. 

• ATRL Moderator

Sam is obviously talented but idk why they insist on all these boring coffee shop midtempos and tragic ballads.  The songs that aren’t that are relatively good.  

My faves as of now:

No God

How To Cry

Six Shots

Gimme

Who We Love

I hated Unholy but as with Love Goes I am more than surprised by their album. They always make it work for me and I really like everything about it (including Gloria which I had not listened too before and wow).

Comments in this thread had me a bit worried but on first listen...

It's fantastic :jonny: I'm so glad he stuck to his roots and it wasn't a mindless pop album a la Unholy, this is a great big brother to Love Goes :clap3::clap3:

Lose You / Six Shots / INHTMF / Gloria >>>

Also I dislike Jessie's tone but she surprised me, I don't hate the songs she features on... 'Perfect' is great!

Unholy after Perfect and before HTCry on the tracklist is a tiny bit odd but whatever the transition on Perfect's outro is alright

Listening to it again, with headphones this time, and it is better than what I expected…however I still think it’s their weakest effort. 

20 minutes ago, Hooligan said:

Listening to it again, with headphones this time, and it is better than what I expected…however I still think it’s their weakest effort. 

Is Love Goes..

I love Sam, but this is not it. I do like No God and Who We Love, though.  

Apparently Sam Smith is still not even the country. They were truly too hungover to attend HMV. :wanda: They’ve annoyed quite a few fans and have lost at least 35 sales across people I know that have cancelled their orders. :rip:

Another solid album :clap3: Love the overall chill vibes

Thank god for the bonus tracks; 33 min is too short

No God and I'm Not Here to Make Friends are :flame:

Overall, I am disappointed. :/

The only songs that I can see myself going back to occasionally are I'm Not There to Make Friends (the outro is wonderful), Gloria (this should've been longer!), How to Cry, and Lose You (it's missing something). Perhaps also Who We Love, but that one definitely lacks a proper ending. That said, there is nothing on this album that matches the highs of Love Goes, let alone The Thrill of It All, which is Sam's magnum opus.

I just want them to make me feel again the same way I felt when I finally got to listen to For the Lover That I Lost two years ago. Or To Die For, or Pray...

I could barely pay attention until LOSE YOU comes on! It sounds very familiar!!

INHTMF's chorus is bad, i dont like how he sings it....

the album is way better than i expected, i love stargate productions

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

Sam is obviously talented but idk why they insist on all these boring coffee shop midtempos and tragic ballads.  The songs that aren’t that are relatively good.  

feeding their korean fans at least 

the album is good, loved the r&b vibes. I kinda wanted this to be different, it feels kinda similar to Love Goes?

First 3 tracks were great + the Ed's collab was good too. 

the way lose you kept promising to be Into You pt II from the melody to the production in the intro... and went NOWHERE? :deadbanana: Ilya sis you could've done so much more, call up Max

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be boring, but I loved all the ballads except Love Me More which I’ve never liked and INHTMF which is annoying.

I wish it had more songs. They should really try a full uptempo album next time.

4 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be boring, but I loved all the ballads except Love Me More which I’ve never liked and INHTMF which is annoying.

I wish it had more songs. They should really try a full uptempo album next time.

You’re in luck, an deluxe is coming later this year 

The midtempos and, especially, the ballads were DREADFUL, but I did enjoy the bops. I'm not sure... I feel like this is their best and they mostly seem to get a little better with each album but still... eh