• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

8 minutes ago, alp said:

im kinda disappointed in two tracks being interludes…

Don’t be, there’s an 20 track deluxe coming 

Sam + Ed yessss to another #1 smash in the UK

Can't wait for the album

164095128_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.g

Anyways.. I’m excited for “Gimmie”, “How To Cry” & “I’m Not Here To Make Friends”

spacer.png

Lose You - Track 4 from Gloria (Possible second single)

Written by: Sam Smith, Cirkut, Omer Fedi, Ilya, Jimmy Napes , Max Martin & Blake Slatkin

Edited by Yog

Sam! Please work with Bey or Xtina!:bird:

Edited by Power love

Just now, Yog said:

Wtf one guy from pop justices said he was since it’s confirmed he’s producing some tracks, Max always wants that writing credit. Weird 

he is probably credited only as producer, not writter. he produced Halsey's So Good this year and has no writing credit on it.

2 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

he is probably credited only as producer, not writter. he produced Halsey's So Good this year and has no writing credit on it.

That’s probably what the guy meant than…

2 minutes ago, mlaredoperez said:

Hmm Sam talked about working on Lose you with Max in the Zane Lowe interview:

As an likely producer 

I think this will be the pop album we all wanted from them. Love Goes was just utterly boring besides a few tracks and the immaculate HDYS. With this one it feels like Sams mastering their craft and serving us pop excellence

33 minutes ago, TSwiftie said:

I think this will be the pop album we all wanted from them. Love Goes was just utterly boring besides a few tracks and the immaculate HDYS. With this one it feels like Sams mastering their craft and serving us pop excellence

Love Goes slander will not be tolerated but I kinda get where your going, putting the uptempos in one half & ballads was not an good move but thankfully the tracklisting seems more cohesive for Gloria but yes, Pop Perfection will be upon us 

6 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

Love Goes is a classic and the GP was wrong for ignoring it, the way they did.

Did the GP ignore it, I mean it’s literally Sam’s second most streamed album and halfway to 2xPlatinum, pre release singles or not, the album really isn’t an bomb many suggested it is 

46 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

Agreed! Sure, a couple of the songs were smashes, but it’s sad how such an incredible album has such low streams (the album tracks). Pretty sure it’s their lowest pure selling album by far too.

Regardless, Love Goes is my favourite Sam Smith album by far and one of my favourite albums of all time. I really hope that Gloria delivers!

They still sound the best on old school ballads tbh

Nirvana, Lay Me Down, To Die For >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

28 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

Pretty sure it’s their lowest pure selling album by far too.

Who cares about PURE sales in 2022 ☠️

it’s about to surpass their second album overall units ☠️

Edited by Yog

@Cqmerqn Love Goes does an respectful 2M daily Spotify streams since early 2021, in fact it did 1B on this year alone with it just passing 4.5B ☠️

6 hours ago, Sept said:

They still sound the best on old school ballads tbh

Nirvana, Lay Me Down, To Die For >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That’s too bad, because their last ballad smash was literally late last decade after that their more recent smashes have been uptempo dance tracks, unpopular opinion but not in the charts, GP are not here for ballads unless your Adele 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Power love said:

Sam! Please work with Bey or Xtina!:bird:

gonna be hard to make that happen but ok lol a christina collab is more likely

On 11/12/2022 at 11:20 AM, TSwiftie said:

... love goes has an influx of uptempo songs that are also pop smashes. and the tracklist wasn't properly organized to balance it with the midtempo/slow songs but what we're not about to do is act like it wasn't a solid body of work

On 11/12/2022 at 12:34 PM, Schami66 said:

it wasn't ignored. it had several smashes. this narrative is false. 

On 11/12/2022 at 12:44 PM, Yog said:

Did the GP ignore it, I mean it’s literally Sam’s second most streamed album and halfway to 2xPlatinum, pre release singles or not, the album really isn’t an bomb many suggested it is 

exactly idk why people talk about it in reference as if it is a career misstep or something when it's nothing of the sort lol

On 11/12/2022 at 1:22 PM, Cqmerqn said:

Agreed! Sure, a couple of the songs were smashes, but it’s sad how such an incredible album has such low streams (the album tracks). Pretty sure it’s their lowest pure selling album by far too.

Regardless, Love Goes is my favourite Sam Smith album by far and one of my favourite albums of all time. I really hope that Gloria delivers!

the way you sound SO underwhelmed over an album having SEVERAL SMASHES like that's something you be very grateful for lol the album as a whole is great but only the singles were pushed and the sole focus clearly and even then the rollouts i remember were type messy

On 11/12/2022 at 8:19 PM, Yog said:

That’s too bad, because their last ballad smash was literally late last decade after that their more recent smashes have been uptempo dance tracks, unpopular opinion but not in the charts, GP are not here for ballads unless your Adele 

i think that moreos has to do with sam changing the way that they have chosen to represent themselves. from singer to popstar. especially a queer centric one. so of course the more uptempo songs will be the ones to smash. but sam was smashing with nothing but ballads in their debut and sophomore effort. things changed third album onward.

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

love goes has an influx of uptempo songs that are also pop smashes. and the tracklist wasn't properly organized to balance it with the midtempo/slow songs but what we're not about to do is act like it wasn't a solid body of work

It does have an great balance of slow/midtempos and the tracklisting utterly ruins the flow tbh, but again songs like Young, Love Goes (which is one of my favorite ballads) than you have the uptempos like Another One EASILY OF SAM'S MOST UNDERRATED SONGS, Pop Perfection!     

The Recording Academy will definitely have an sharp eye on the album now, I would Say “Gloria” has an good shot at Pop Vocal Album for 2024 Grammys , Sam just needs to keep the momentum going.