Sam Smith - ‘Gloria’

Nefertiti0

I’ll check this out but not expecting much, I feel like all of their attempts to kind of delve into more queer-forward have always been very haphazard.

Loved Diamonds but think Sam is capable of so much more sonically and wish they’d get out of the dated sound of Unholy and do something interesting.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

17 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

Loved Diamonds but think Sam is capable of so much more sonically and wish they’d get out of the dated sound of Unholy and do something interesting.

i loved their last album and their last singles  but im really rooting for them to go back to their the thrill of it all sound 

FINALLY IM BACK & New Sam Smith album announced while I was gone…

On 10/17/2022 at 2:09 PM, Eóghan said:

Whew at Stargate :deadbanana2:

I found their production so stale ... the way Sam is single handedly helping their bank account for the past 5 years when no uses them anymore

I’m not complaining, Sam has literally given Stargate their biggest hits in recent years and they clearly Have an good working relationship with Sam

On 10/17/2022 at 9:03 PM, Protocol said:

Coming out as trans and that's their new name? Just a guess

The reason why it’s called “Gloria” is because Sam has sentimental value for their albums and this being their favorite, Sam named it “Gloria”, nothing to do with gender esc 

On 10/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, Lady Claire said:

I don't mind the cover but it's too... basic? It's giving LoveGoes outtake and it's too simple for a "bold" album like it's meant to be. The OG To Die For cover cleared with ease

And i don't think there's too much Facetune on this, on the Unholy cover it had for sure :skull:

Track 13 being an Ed penned bop with ALLAH Mac :jonny5: it can't go wrong... i just know it'll be a single

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868d703ff6a7a0331578

I think Track 10 could possibly be an Ariana Grande collaboration giving “Over The Rainbow” sample and her doing this and feature itself being an mystery 

hope the Ed Sheeran is very un-Sheeran and more along the lines of his co-writing with Jessie Ware... also, I get that it's the Christmas freeze, but they should've dropped the new album late October/early November

6 hours ago, Yog said:

I think Track 10 could possibly be an Ariana Grande collaboration giving “Over The Rainbow” sample and her doing this and feature itself being an mystery 

Yup, i can definitely see it and it'll be a surefire hit too since Ariana haven't released anything in a while and Sam is coming off a huge smash rn :clap3:

Hopefully they'll release this around early Jan, after Christmas freeze and Unholy slowing down

QueenofCopyPaste

Capitol is doing a great job with this rollout

12 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Yup, i can definitely see it and it'll be a surefire hit too since Ariana haven't released anything in a while and Sam is coming off a huge smash rn :clap3:

Hopefully they'll release this around early Jan, after Christmas freeze and Unholy slowing down

Sam has two potential hits with Ariana & Ed, but they may only pick one of the two, I hope it’s ari, we need the gays on for the  album 

4 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Do we know any writing/production credits??

Not yet, but I don’t expect any much change in the production this is very likely an heavy Stargate produced album :clap3:

4 hours ago, Yog said:

Not yet, but I don’t expect any much change in the production this is very likely an heavy Stargate produced album :clap3:

How do you mean not yet?

I saw these credits on the first page of this thread already.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, justin464 said:

Credits:

Love Me More

Track 2: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 3: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 4: Sam Smith, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin, Omer Fedi & James Napier

Track 5: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Unholy

Track 7: Sam Smith, James Napier, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin & Omer Fedi

Track 8: Sam Smith, James Napier, Loshendrix, Nez, Ray Keys & nami

Track 9: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 10: Not Applicable, Harold Arlen & E.Y. "Yip" Harburg

Track 11: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 12: Sam Smith & Foy Vance

Track 13: Sam Smith, Steve Mac, Ed Sheeran, Johnny McDaid, Fred Gibson & James Napier

11 minutes ago, Tricky said:

How do you mean not yet?

I saw these credits on the first page of this thread already.

Yeah, those are writing credits tho 

This album roll out is very blasphemous. Theyre gonna get alot of ppl mad. I live..kinda

Btw is gloria theyre alter ego

Edited by X~MoviePoP

The blasphemy biting reminds me so much of Lil Nas... but I still have hopes for the album even though I detest the previous two singles. Love Goes was the perfect balance of balads and bops. 

On 10/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, justin464 said:

Credits:

Love Me More

Track 2: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 3: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 4: Sam Smith, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin, Omer Fedi & James Napier

Track 5: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Unholy

Track 7: Sam Smith, James Napier, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin & Omer Fedi

Track 8: Sam Smith, James Napier, Loshendrix, Nez, Ray Keys & nami

Track 9: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 10: Not Applicable, Harold Arlen & E.Y. "Yip" Harburg

Track 11: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 12: Sam Smith & Foy Vance

Track 13: Sam Smith, Steve Mac, Ed Sheeran, Johnny McDaid, Fred Gibson & James Napier

Hmmm not here for such a heavy produced Stargate album... They are more miss than hit. 

4 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Hmmm not here for such a heavy produced Stargate album... They are more miss than hit. 

Dancing With An Stranger, Too Good At Goodbyes, To Die For & Forgive Myself, two of these become huge smashes

I'm happy Stargate are mostly in charge, at least the sound & tone will be cohesive 

On 10/17/2022 at 1:17 PM, scream said:

I want to suck on his left hairy moob until strawberry discharge comes oozing out

not blood fetishist :bibliahh:

ot: cant wait. ed sheeran collab too :clap:

Sam performed the title track at the Albert Hall concert, “Gloria” it’s apparently an upbeat BOP :clap3: but we’ll find out the livestream 

i'm always excited for a new sam album