Sam Smith - ‘Gloria’

Nefertiti0

1 hour ago, justin464 said:

Credits:

Love Me More

Track 2: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 3: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 4: Sam Smith, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin, Omer Fedi & James Napier

Track 5: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Unholy

Track 7: Sam Smith, James Napier, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin & Omer Fedi

Track 8: Sam Smith, James Napier, Loshendrix, Nez, Ray Keys & nami

Track 9: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 10: Not Applicable, Harold Arlen & E.Y. "Yip" Harburg

Track 11: Sam Smith, James Napier, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen

Track 12: Sam Smith & Foy Vance

Track 13: Sam Smith, Steve Mac, Ed Sheeran, Johnny McDaid, Fred Gibson & James Napier

Whew at Stargate :deadbanana2:

I found their production so stale ... the way Sam is single handedly helping their bank account for the past 5 years when no uses them anymore

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Nefertiti0

• Cqmerqn

• selena_lavigne

I wonder why Gloria

5 hours ago, Where are you now? said:

10 years from now everyone's gonna look back and cringe at this fugly earring trend 

Chile…. How are earrings a trend? They’ve been around forever

6 hours ago, justin464 said:

Credits:

Love Me More

Track 4: Sam Smith, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin, Omer Fedi & James Napier

Unholy

Track 7: Sam Smith, James Napier, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Henry Walter, Blake Slatkin & Omer Fedi

Track 13: Sam Smith, Steve Mac, Ed Sheeran, Johnny McDaid, Fred Gibson & James Napier

A Stargate album is 2023? Very brave :rip:

7 hours ago, Where are you now? said:

10 years from now everyone's gonna look back and cringe at this fugly earring trend 

Earring trend? :deadbanana2: People have been wearing earrings for decades, the only thing that went out of style are tunnels

Edited by Illuminati

3 hours ago, Insanity said:

I wonder why Gloria

Coming out as trans and that's their new name? Just a guess

I don't mind the cover but it's too... basic? It's giving LoveGoes outtake and it's too simple for a "bold" album like it's meant to be. The OG To Die For cover cleared with ease

And i don't think there's too much Facetune on this, on the Unholy cover it had for sure :skull:

10 hours ago, justin464 said:

Credits:

Love Me More

Unholy

Track 13 being an Ed penned bop with ALLAH Mac :jonny5: it can't go wrong... i just know it'll be a single

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868d703ff6a7a0331578

Seems like Track 10 will sample Somewhere Over the Rainbow and the "Not Applicable" credit makes me think it'll be a feature

Maybe Godga stopped by? I would die

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868d703ff6a7a0331578

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Earring trend? :deadbanana2: People have been wearing earrings for decades, the only thing that went out of style are tunnels

People wearing one dangly earing is a recent fashion trend in the LGBTQ+ community and you guys know it. IMO it doesn't look great because wearing only 1 earring makes the face appear asymmetrical and makes the other ear look empty and unbalanced. Also it's borderline annoying that once it caught on everyone started doing it, even if their ears aren't even pierced.  

So back to topic, the stylistic choices in this photo ruin the album cover for me. And it doesn't help that the anchor earring in the photo looks like it weighs 10 pounds and is stretching their ear. It looks like they have an Elvin ear. 

Edited by Where are you now?

24 minutes ago, Where are you now? said:

People wearing one dangly earing is a recent fashion trend in the LGBTQ+ community and you guys know it. IMO it doesn't look great because wearing only 1 earring makes the face appear asymmetrical and makes the other ear look empty and unbalanced. Also it's borderline annoying that once it caught on everyone started doing it, even if their ears aren't even pierced.  

So back to topic, the stylistic choices in this photo ruin the album cover for me. And it doesn't help that the anchor earring in the photo looks like it weighs 10 pounds and is stretching their ear. It looks like they have an Elvin ear. 

Wearing one piercing, regardless of its shape is not a recent trend :deadbanana2: Neither is asymmetric jewelry

You can't even see their other ear to know for sure that they are only wearing one earring

Edited by Illuminati

3 hours ago, Protocol said:

Oh gawddddd… :toofunny2:

Just now, Illuminati said:

Wearing one piercing, regardless of its shape is not a recent trend :deadbanana2: Neither is asymmetric jewelry

One could argue that it has been seen here and there in pop culture. But I'm talking about seeing it worn heavily in public by real life people. If I were to go to my local Chicago gay bar right now, every third person I see would be wearing 1 dangly earring. This fashion choice was simply not a trend 3 years ago. But whatever people think looks good! 

• ATRL Moderator

the single dangly earring thing has been around for decades, but it’s definitely a resurged fashion trend, let’s not discourse on it

OT: hoping for another Kids Again

I really don't understand why Sam's album rollouts take so long.

12 hours ago, Insanity said:

I wonder why Gloria

Maybe is not the name but “Glory”… idk

I need an explanation for this album title real quick

tumblr_omibd3rHbO1ufg3jio3_250.gif

10 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

I need an explanation for this album title real quick

tumblr_omibd3rHbO1ufg3jio3_250.gif

maybe it has something to do with religion idk

Dangly or not, wearing a single earring has been around forever and was actually one of the “codes” closeted gay men used to use to communicate. Left or Right ear had different meanings (top or bottom) 

Of course now it’s nothing but a fashion statement that gays have run to the ground without knowing the history. But it’s never gonna go out of style… 

Personally I think piercing both ears is hotter

OT: naming your album after a person is always a very bad idea 

Edited by Blue Rose

On 10/17/2022 at 8:03 PM, Protocol said:

So they're gonna announce a new identity every album release for more publicity? 

It's refreshing to see that people here are (mostly) being objective about their opinions regarding Sam Smith's album cover/title. I feel like LGBTQ+ members who previously identified as male (or are cis LGBTQ+ male pop artists) get the most hate on here.