Ellie Goulding - 'Higher Than Heaven'

BlackoutZone

9 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

They were trying to figure out the tour that "doesn't involve flying" so maybe they couldn't come up with anything and decided to scrap :skull: 

Yeah could be… was hoping for a tour haha but clearly not :rip:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• lola4789

• Cqmerqn

• Something

Just now, lola4789 said:

Yeah could be… was hoping for a tour haha but clearly not :rip:

She seem to blame someone but dont know whom (probs her label) 

I don’t care if she has to walk from venue to venue. Elena Jane Goulding, you better tour. 

What if her label wasn’t satisfied enough with how her last era and start of this era has gone and simply don’t think it’s worth her touring, especially with how multiple acts have recently cancelled European tours due to increased expenses?

All the most reasons to hope this is her last Polydor release if so.

I wasn’t even expecting a tour cause she just toured the UK in October 2021 but cause she already tweeted a few weeks ago saying there will be a tour and is now saying there won’t be I’m mad :deadbanana4:

11 hours ago, Supervillain said:

So weird cause the tour was literally being planned in partnership with musical director Matt Robertson, who collaborated with Ellie on The Brightest Blue Experience :rip: 

Label problems perhaps? The demand outside of a handful core/old fans does not seem to be there so idk :dancehall:

Oop just saw your other post. Hopefully she clears this up :rip: 

Edited by SweetTalker

Honestly if it was another virtual concert I wouldnt mind :cm:

Anyways I'm claiming HOW LONG

FIGHT ME! :lmao:

4 hours ago, handstomyseIf said:

Koko show on Feb 8th!

Not KOKO :rip: 

It's a nice venue, but a downgrade for someone like Ellie. Tinashe performed there five years ago and that was during the Joyride mess.

Surely The Roundhouse or O2 Brixton Academy would've been better?

I wonder why All By Myself is greyed out on Apple Music? Hopefully it won't be one of those songs that won't be available to stream on the album like Flashlight was on Halcyon Days

• ATRL Moderator

I think her wanting to tour to be eco friendly mixed with the label thinking there wouldn't be enough demand is what ended up causing the cancellation.  Very sad, I was really hoping to see her on the tour for this era.  Maybe she'll do a few festivals instead? 

2 hours ago, campelo said:

She toured arenas during the Delirium, this no demand theory makes no sense. 

Delirium was meant to be and was partly treated like her attempt of an 1989-era. That tour had also built on her reputation of performing globally and successfully for years on end.

She’s basically not done much decent touring for roughly half her career at this point and a lot of her fanbase from then have likely moved to different artists over the past 6 years.

No way could she remotely repeat what she did in 2016/17 again in 2023 and I think that’s a scary realisation for her to have. Her last era tried to please everyone and didn’t succeed. How many fans did it further push away while simultaneously failing to earn her newer returning fans?

Even this touring change petition with just 104 signees is pretty depressing for an artist with over 6 million Twitter followers and 30 million monthly Spotify listeners: https://www.change.org/p/save-the-ellie-goulding-s-tour-hthtour

5 hours ago, teddytears said:

her manger ED confirmed a big tour is coming ..

:deadbanana2: so what is the truth?

6 hours ago, teddytears said:

her manger ED confirmed a big tour is coming ..

He didnt confirm anything about a big tour lol. He just said “before any future larger tour gets announced”. That’s something completely different. Also he doesn’t really confirm it at this point.

Remember when people were excited and shouting from the rooftops about her joining TaP Music to join Dua and others a couple of years ago and yet Dua ended up leaving them in February and is currently doing a successful sellout global tour.

All while Ellie’s twiddling her thumbs on Twitter, watching Let It Die get a measly 100k streams a day, not even being able to confirm so much as a UK tour. I feel she’s content to be a book writing celebrity and hope for BMI awards rather than remotely attempt to have any of the hunger that she had to start off her career.

5 hours ago, lola4789 said:

He didnt confirm anything about a big tour lol. He just said “before any future larger tour gets announced”. That’s something completely different. Also he doesn’t really confirm it at this point.

it's kinda a confimation 

more shows are coming

WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO HER HAIR?!

12 hours ago, Cqmerqn said:

The O2 pre-sale for her London show was an absolute bloodbath. There is demand!

A small amount of O2 presale tickets to potentially her only HTH gig next year selling out for £40 each isn’t a bloodbath.

An actual bloodbath:

ZwlHGHc.jpg

3 hours ago, WyldChyld said:

A small amount of O2 presale tickets to potentially her only HTH gig next year selling out for £40 each isn’t a bloodbath.

An actual bloodbath:

ZwlHGHc.jpg

Please go outside and get some fresh air. It’s not doing you any good being negative 24/7.