Julia Roberts’ new film smashes at Global B.O.; ends Margot & Billy

nostalgia

“Ticket to Paradise,” a romantic comedy that reunites Julia Roberts and George Clooney, is (surprise, surprise) charming audiences at the international box office.

The movie has generated $60 million overseas to date, a promising start given the current challenges facing theatrical rom-coms. Of course, it helps when the genre gets a boost from megawatt stars like Roberts and Clooney. According to Universal, which is backing the film, “Ticket to Paradise” is outpacing recent meet-cute stories like “The Lost City,” “Last Christmas” and “Crazy Rich Asians” at the same point in their respective big-screen rollouts.

Over the weekend, “Ticket to Paradise” earned $10.5 million from 61 territories, including debuts in France ($1 million), Mexico ($1 million) and Italy ($800,000). In holdover markets, “Ticket to Paradise,” which features Clooney and Roberts as ex-spouses who try to stop their daughter from marrying a near stranger, has been popular in Australia ($8.5 million), the United Kingdom and Ireland ($7.4 million) and Germany ($7.4 million). It opens Oct. 21 in the U.S. and Canada.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/julia-roberts-george-clooney-ticket-to-paradise-box-office-international-1235397267/

Who else but the Queen of Film and Global Megastar?

julia-roberts-68.jpg?quality=75&strip=al

Edited by nostalgia

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Sharapov

• Bloodflowers.

• Hiphopper

Queen of rom com is back :clap3:

The fact that it hasn't been released in the US :jonny5:This movie will make lots of money and hoping for Julia to get nominated for Globe.

Edited by Donquizote
edit

I wanted to watch it to support the Erin slaykovich chanteuse but the trailers give away the whole plot :rip:

It’s Julia roberts the literal queen of rom-coms. Plus she is a legend of course she better known than Margot Robbie and billy. 

:gaycat1:

Fans of the 90’s superstars like Julia, Sandra, Tom, and George. Are the paying costumers unlike these new girls and their stans who barely support. 

Love her and totally going to watch this movie

Well it's doing quite well outside English speaking regions, but pretty meh in the UK and Australia. It's projected to open $12-17m in North America, which is also quite underwhelming.

Sandra Bullock's wig ain't safe :duca:

Julia's impact :ghostface:

I've been rewatching all her rom coms from the 90s recently, I'll have to check this one out too.

I don't get Julia hype, Nothing Hill sucked, and she had no charisma. Don't bother to check her other films :rip:

1 minute ago, MonsterJohn said:

I don't get Julia hype, Nothing Hill sucked, and she had no charisma. Don't bother to check her other films :rip:

She has tons of charisma

la vie est belle indeed

nostalgia

14 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

umm get some taste :biblio: Notting Hill is one of the all-time best romcoms

A box office attraction unlike her daughter Emma Roberts

OEBqSEf.gif

13 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

OEBqSEf.gif

:skull:

34 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

OEBqSEf.gif

hotel for dogs sweetie…

spacer.png

Their fans are middle aged accomplished people who earn their money and spend it in what they want. Unemployed teens on Twitter and other forums WISH 

2 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

So you name one movie by her as an example of her lack of charisma, but then say you don’t need to see any of her other movies? 

she’s actually quite good in Notting Hill but that’s not even her best work so :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.