Shakira f/ Ozuna - "Monotonía"

Fifteen

1 hour ago, EtherealCat said:

#36 (-1) 2,323,315 :redface:

little dip :redface: how's it doing on the radio?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LatinFreak

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• GeeDuval

It's doing cute lil numbers, decent for a spanish second single.

Now that she had some nice latin hits I wish she could give us an english hit next :blush:

Latin Grammys are in 10 days! Maybe we'll get a little tweet. :gaycat6:

Already certified Gold in Spain in only its' third week charting :clap3: Holds at #3 in Spain & at #7 in Argentina this week. 

The way you all complain about the success like if any artist with +40 yo and 25 years into her career could release a bachata and chart WW :skull:

The song is doing wonderful considering it’s not the kind of songs that smash plus bachata is a very niche genre that is majorly consumed in Central America but outside of it it’s a non event. The song is a success and with no promo, just a MV and the Piqué drama

Edited by Julia Fox

Wasnt there supposed to be another song with Rauw? I just checked on his new album that dropped and nothing there. U guys think it's scrapped or its another droplet from her? 

He does have "track 7" just listed as "track 7," and if you listen to it, it just says "loading" in a loop. In his previous album, he did the same with "track 4" and 6 months later, it was replaced with "desesperados" which ended up being a big hit. Maybe that's the Shak collab, and she just didn't want it out so close to Monotonia??? Other people speculate it's a song with Rosalia, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

40 minutes ago, LatinFreak said:

Wasnt there supposed to be another song with Rauw? I just checked on his new album that dropped and nothing there. U guys think it's scrapped or its another droplet from her? 

1 hour ago, crazyncool said:

He does have "track 7" just listed as "track 7," and if you listen to it, it just says "loading" in a loop. In his previous album, he did the same with "track 4" and 6 months later, it was replaced with "desesperados" which ended up being a big hit. Maybe that's the Shak collab, and she just didn't want it out so close to Monotonia??? Other people speculate it's a song with Rosalia, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Sneaky. Hmm just hungry for more new Shak music. Lol

This is still doing cute numbers on YT but I feel like the single has aged like milk already. I can’t wait for whatever single comes next. I just hope it’s not a feature :mad:

She stopped tweeting about this song. I wonder if part of the custody agreement was for her to stop dragging him. Lol

47 minutes ago, LatinFreak said:

She stopped tweeting about this song. I wonder if part of the custody agreement was for her to stop dragging him. Lol

Lol. It must be awkward for him, since the song is a hit in Spain. I’m sure he has heard it many times at this point. 

Soon we’ll see if those World Cup performance rumors are true. 

15 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Lol. It must be awkward for him, since the song is a hit in Spain. I’m sure he has heard it many times at this point. 

Soon we’ll see if those World Cup performance rumors are true. 

I hope they remix it. So he has to hear it every time he goes out partying. Haha:gaycat2:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, HeWolf said:

It's doing cute lil numbers, decent for a spanish second single.

Now that she had some nice latin hits I wish she could give us an english hit next :blush:

y'all let don't wait up flop so i wouldn't expect that unless she collabs with a big name english pop star for a feature. dua lipa please!

On 11/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, BOOM! said:

Listening to both songs now, Te Felicito outsold tbh. :alexz2:

not you comparing a reggaeton song with a bachata ballad? literally no need

On 11/11/2022 at 12:56 PM, LatinFreak said:

Sneaky. Hmm just hungry for more new Shak music. Lol

we need that brzzrp song asap

On 11/12/2022 at 1:45 PM, LatinFreak said:

I hope they remix it. So he has to hear it every time he goes out partying. Haha:gaycat2:

we need that bad bunny feature next and asap and at this point she NEEDS to be on the world cup soundtrack

On 11/10/2022 at 9:42 AM, Julia Fox said:

The way you all complain about the success like if any artist with +40 yo and 25 years into her career could release a bachata and chart WW :skull:

The song is doing wonderful considering it’s not the kind of songs that smash plus bachata is a very niche genre that is majorly consumed in Central America but outside of it it’s a non event. The song is a success and with no promo, just a MV and the Piqué drama

Yeah I mean I think we left Bachata in 2015 who told her to bring it back:rip: But Slay.

6 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

Yeah I mean I think we left Bachata in 2015 who told her to bring it back:rip: But Slay.

Maybe you did, but in much of the Caribbean, Central America and the US it's inescapable. 

30 minutes ago, kishi said:

Maybe you did, but in much of the Caribbean, Central America and the US it's inescapable. 

I'm from south america and while Romeo Santos and Aventura are bachata staples, that's as much as you get, sure, Manuel Turizo has a hit song from the genre but he is mostly a reggaeton singer, Prince Royce got like 3 hits and faded, so That's why I think the genre kinda faded? Even though it is well liked but aside from Romeo I don't think there's a new act representing the genre and even then Romeo hasn't got a hit in a long time.

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

I'm from south america and while Romeo Santos and Aventura are bachata staples, that's as much as you get, sure, Manuel Turizo has a hit song from the genre but he is mostly a reggaeton singer, Prince Royce got like 3 hits and faded, so That's why I think the genre kinda faded? Even though it is well liked but aside from Romeo I don't think there's a new act representing the genre and even then Romeo hasn't got a hit in a long time.

I get what you mean. It's definitely not popular everywhere and I think it's always been eclipsed by reggaeton. I don't even think the acts focus on promoting or touring in South America, which is crazy!

On 11/24/2022 at 10:08 PM, SchmoodRing said:

y'all let don't wait up flop so i wouldn't expect that unless she collabs with a big name english pop star for a feature. dua lipa please!

Don't wait up flopped because it was such a generic uninspired song, but the demand for songs in english is there, just see the BEP collabs success

we need that brzzrp song asap

Bizarrap has just released another collab, so I don't think BizaShak is coming soon enough, at this point I just want some annoucment about the album :jonny5:

we need that bad bunny feature next and asap and at this point she NEEDS to be on the world cup soundtrack

I think the world cup soundtrack is out of the question by now because all of the human rights public mess :katie: maybe it's for the best tho, centenialls would have tried to cancell ha as they're doing with Maluma and Nicki

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that both this and Te Felicito are both still in the Global 200 is pretty damn impressive...

8 hours ago, Jimi said:

84 years later... :rip:

20 hours ago, LatinFreak said:

84 years later... :rip:

LOL. Her team sucks. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.