Bebe Rexha scores first UK #1 with "I'm Good"; David Guetta's 7th UK #1

Green

Dance music returns to the top of the singles chart, with David Guetta & Bebe Rexha’s I’m Good (Blue) (2-1, 50,988 sales), wresting control from Lewis Capaldi’s Forget Me, which debuted at No.1 last week, ending a 10-week period of supremacy for the genre.

The first No.1 for both Guetta and the Parlophone label since his Lovers On The Sun collaboration with Sam Martin topped the chart a shade over eight years ago, it is the seventh No.1 in all for 54-year-old Frenchman – more than any other act from continental Europe than ABBA, who have nine – and sold 5,011 digital downloads, with the rest of its consumption from sales-equivalent streams. David Guetta also ranks second among dance acts with most No.1 hits, trailing only Calvin Harris (10). I’m Good (Blue), on the other hand, is the first No.1 for 33-year-old vocalist Bebe Rexha from New York. Her previous highest-charting hit was her first, Take Me Home, a collaboration with Cash Cash that reached No.5 in 2014.

Forget Me slips to No.2 (46,766 sales) in a Top 10 which admits no newcomers, and is somewhat becalmed with only I’m Good (Blue), James Hype & Miggy DeLa Rosa’s Ferrari (7-6, 24,711 sales) and Chris Brown’s viral hit, Under The Influence reaching new peaks. A fortnight shy of its third birthday, Under The Influence rises for the eighth week in a row since its belated debut at No.63, climbing 9-8 (23,392 sales).

Former No.1 B.O.T.A. (Baddest Of Them All) holds at No.3 for Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal, with its consumption off for the first time, contracting 3.11% to 45,285 units after 12 straight weeks of growth.

The rest of the Top 10: I Ain’t Worried (4-4, 34,284 sales) by OneRepublic, Super Freaky Girl (5-5, 29,641 sales) by Nicki Minaj, Not Over Yet (6-7, 24,284 sales) by KSI feat. Tom Grennan, Big City Life (11-9, 21,672 sales) by Luude & Mattafix and Doja (8-10, 21,411 sales) by Central Cee.

Exiting the Top 10 after three weeks, Hold Me Closer ebbs 10-12 (20,534 sales) for Elton John & Britney Spears.

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

Congrats!

But where's the thank you to Canada for also getting her song to #1 in Canada :huh:

Bebe is so global right now. :jonny:

2 hours ago, Gabe² said:

Rexhars won :clap3:

Didn't know you stanned Bebe. :eek: 

11 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Bebe is so global right now. :jonny:

Didn't know you stanned Bebe. :eek: 

Yes, I like bebe. She has bops here and there. Could stan harder if she toured but it hasn’t happened for me :cries: 

She should release an all killer no filler 9-track dance album produced by Burns and David Guetta next year around May and then headline a bunch of pride celebrations throughout the summer. The only song from her last album to do anything was "Sacrifice", and now she's getting a proper hit with another dance song. It's clear that's her lane now.

I love her but not "You guys are always so open to new sounds"

*gets #1 with a recycled sample from 1999*

:rip: 

But she should 100% go to the UK, the song is everywhere, it came on at a bar/club I was at last week and it went OFF

WE DID IT JOE!!

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

She should release an all killer no filler 9-track dance album produced by Burns and David Guetta next year around May and then headline a bunch of pride celebrations throughout the summer. The only song from her last album to do anything was "Sacrifice", and now she's getting a proper hit with another dance song. It's clear that's her lane now.

rexhars have been telling her to make a dance album for the past month everytime she went live on twitter

the album is originally "pop rock" according to her but after seeing the fans asking for a dance album she said she will try to combine both in 1 album

So happy for her!

She is a sweetheart.

The issue with Bebe's career is that her songs are always bigger than her. Like she snatches random hits but no one really knows her or cares to know her. She has a distinct voice so you would think she would easily foster a base around her because her voice is unique but ppl legit just do not care and she has sort of now missed that window to do that fan base building because the industry is ageist and the good sis is in her mid 30s now I think. 

I just hope she keeps scoring these random hits here and there. She deserves all her success and more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.