NZ = The prophet of Pop music?

*-ChriZ-*

As far as I can remember, NZ is usually always the first country to embrace a new Pop song with smash potential which eventually starts dominating the World.

Can we agree that the Kiwis have the best taste when it comes to Pop music and that New Zealand should be considered prophets of Pop smashery?

Wasn't it Australia? I remember the songs first smashing there and then everywhere else.

9 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Wasn't it Australia? I remember the songs first smashing there and then everywhere else.

Either Australia or NZ or both since their music taste and market was similar

25 minutes ago, superben said:

Some examples?

Beyonce’s Cuff It smashed there and then it started increasing in the rest of the world 

Canada tbh 

Just Dance went #1 in August 2008, Poker Face was already #1 here in December 2008 

It wasn't until January 2009 that Just Dance went #1 in the US 

30 minutes ago, superben said:

Some examples?

Gotye Somebody That I Used to Know was an instant smash in both Australia and NZ and hit #1 on 2011 before catching up on 2012 globally.

Edit: Men at Work Down Under hit #1 in Dec 1981 (Australia) and Jan-Feb 1982 (NZ) before being a global hit from 1983.

Edited by discreetinside

33 minutes ago, superben said:

Some examples?

Didnt Gayle also smash there first?

And Lorde (obviously)?

And also a lot of Dojas later tracks I believe.

Also DSN smashed there super early by Dua And generally all the FN singles

Yes. That's why Lorde is the future of music and the current queen of alternative. :clap3: :allears:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.