Bonnie McKee reveals she originally wrote on Witness

PopKills

On the podcast “Main Pod Girl” Bonnie revealed she actually wrote on the Witness album but ultimately Katy wanted to go in a different direction and changed the team. 

She also called Katy a “real artist” and that her vision for the Teenage Dream album was “nostalgic” and that Katy wanted to go for something that lasts. 

Thoughts?

Personally I think she probably worked on the original vision Katy had for KP4 but then Trump was elected and made Katy panic and change everything. :cries:

Yes, Katy was all Solar Power post PRISM and posting glam/electric related stuff back in 2016. Pretty different from what we got. 

Witness is still my fav by her :heart: it's flawed but it being her least polished work makes it special for me as a stan.

5 minutes ago, lauvender said:

If only Hilary won, the Witness era would’ve been so much different.

She had always made being a sexy America's Sweetheart a huge part of her brand. She completely took that away and went for quite the opposite for Witness, it was a dumb move. You don't do a 180 like that!

I love Bonnie McKee's work, I'll always wonder what KP4 would have been in its original form. Love Witness too, the last entertaining pop era in the good and especially in the bad!

As good as the Bonnie songs were at the beginning of Katy's career, that sound was old by time Witness came out and Bonnie has yet to show evolution as an artist (same with Katy tbh). So good for her for wanting to try something different.

This makes sense. I think Katy hired GetGlucky to completely overhaul the era's tone and sound after Trump won :skull: 

I don't think Luke was ever going to be on the album but it would have been notably different. I don't think she would have had her breakdown and shaved her head, at least not in the same way. Her career might have been in a way better spot. Blame Hillary for not campaigning in Wisconsin!

19 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

This makes sense. I think Katy hired GetGlucky to completely overhaul the era's tone and sound after Trump won :skull: 

I don't think Luke was ever going to be on the album but it would have been notably different. I don't think she would have had her breakdown and shaved her head, at least not in the same way. Her career might have been in a way better spot. Blame Hillary for not campaigning in Wisconsin!

who?

12 minutes ago, mlaredoperez said:

who?

It was her A&R who took the reigns in 2016 (Lauren Glucksman). I remember the Kats on here at the time despised her and blamed her for all the things that went wrong with Witness nn

Edited by Beyonnaise

3 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

It was her A&R who took the reigns in early 2017 (Lauren Glucksman). I remember the Kats on here at the time despised her nn

this tweet is a gag considering she ended up with neither in the end

26 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

right :dies:

28 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

:deadbanana2:

A shame that Katy didn't set through with her original vision for Witness. I want her to succeed again so bad

I wonder what sound she wanted originally for Witness, there must be hints of it in the final album.

3 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

It was her A&R who took the reigns in early 2017 (Lauren Glucksman). I remember the Kats on here at the time despised her nn

Interesting. I always felt like Luke/Bonnie were somehow involved in the title track at least. It sounds BOILERPLATE Teenage Dream-era Luke/Katy/Max/Bonnie to me. 

I would love to see Bonnie / Max / Katy / Benny Blanco / Sarah Hudson become the new Katy dream team.

4 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

SBswcWq.thumb.png.4bebe1e07946c4cdca6e29

Why this site elevate Bonnie and Luke to the heaven levels, for real :rip:

Katy's music was in her peak during the buzz singles era -except for ST, oc- and she did not work with any of them

6 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

This makes sense. I think Katy hired GetGlucky to completely overhaul the era's tone and sound after Trump won :skull: 

Who’s GetGlucky?

EDIT: whoops nvm!

Edited by nooniebao

53 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Why this site elevate Bonnie and Luke to the heaven levels, for real :rip:

Katy's music was in her peak during the buzz singles era -except for ST, oc- and she did not work with any of them

I hate to admit it, but a lot of their tracks are quality pop music.

Teenage Dream - #1 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Benny

TGIF - #1 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie

California Girls - #1 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Benny

Part Of Me - #1 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie

Wide Awake - #2 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Roar - #1 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Legendary Lovers - NA - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Birthday - #17 - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Ghost - NA - Katy/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Hold It Against Me - #1 - Max/Luke/Bonnie/Billboard

Inside Out - NA - Max/Luke/Bonnie/Billboard/JKash

Seal It With A Kiss - NA - Max/Luke/Bonnie/Cirkut

Gasoline - NA - Luke/Kelly/Benny/Bonnie

Ooh La La - #54 - Luke/Ammo/Cirkut/Bonnie/etc.

C'mon - #27 - Kesha/Luke/Benny/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Supernatural - NA - Kesha/Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Dynamite - #2 - Luke/Max/Benny/Bonnie

Wish U Were Here - NA - Cruz/Luke/Bonnie/Cirkut/etc.

Lovebird - NA - Bonnie/Ammo/Luke

Vacation - NA - Luke/Max/Bonnie/Cirkut

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.