Day 8: Sam Smith and Kim Petras #1 US #1 Global Spotify (7.034 Million)

wehavetostan

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• pride4jc1222

• Tropical

• Lovett

14 hours ago, Robyn. said:

the song is a bop so deserved

Kim's verse adds nothing to the song and I generally prefer female voices so that's saying something :rip:

Yawn her verse is the song's peak. Queen Kim. :worship2:

is this going to black Harry? :skull: so random, but I'm happy for Kim and it's the better song of course so slay

37 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

You won hard. Wow. 

Best believe I WILL be bumping an couple of threads suggesting Sam was over, care to join to me? :heart:

Edited by Yog

If released 2 weeks ago it would have been even bigger I think, people on TikTok were saying that its been dropped too late, etc. I'm glad it didn't seem to affect the song's success overall!

1 hour ago, Yog said:

Best believe I WILL be bumping an couple of threads suggesting Sam was over, care to join to me? :heart:

Of course. Anything for them. :heart:

The way I set my ATRL location to "#1 on the Hot 100" with a Kim Petras avatar a couple weeks ago COMPLETELY as a joke and yet...

Manifesting!!! :alexz:

I don’t understand the people who are confused as to why it’s a hit. It sounds massive, very very catchy, very distinctive, provocative but not too much, it’s a huge dirty bop

amazing song.

I kind wish this went even harder with the 'chruch-like' sound and went to a kinda 'gospely' ending with claps marching the beat to an acapella chorus

but the music is amazing and the vibe totally on point

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

tihs is honestly shocking. im shocked. jaw dropped mouth open :deadbanana2:

Honestly same. I can't believe the trans woman I stan, the "treat me like a slxt" and "throat goat" singer, has a legit monster hit on her hands.

It's what she deserves for her years of persevering and constantly reinventing herself, which she doesn't get any credit for but she has. :clap3:

7 hours ago, OBEY said:

If released 2 weeks ago it would have been even bigger I think, people on TikTok were saying that its been dropped too late, etc. I'm glad it didn't seem to affect the song's success overall!

Not to mention, it would have stopped As It Was at 13 weeks at #1, leaving it short of Uptown Funk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.