Day 8: Sam Smith and Kim Petras #1 US #1 Global Spotify (7.034 Million)

wehavetostan

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• pride4jc1222

• Tropical

• Lovett

based on a quick search, sam smith is the only popstar in the streaming era who led a top 2 on both the Hot 100 and the Billboard 200, but has 0 Hot 100 #1s. so it would be cool for them to change that ig

kim, sam, bebe, david guetta, nicki all smashing lmao i guesss no one is never really over like ATRL loves to declare

Edited by liquiddiamonds

i don't know who kim petra is, but i support sam smith 100%:gaygacat5:

I'm glad sam is back and successful he deserves it:jamming:

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Same, there’s like fifty levels of “lmao that would never happen” that my brain is trying to process right now. Imagine telling this to yourself a year ago. :gaycat7:

Like it kind of broke the rules, it’s the same as if CRJ’s next single randomly smashed out the gate, I would think it was a prank and she’s one of my all time favorite artists :gaycat6:

54 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

kim, sam, bebe, david guetta, nicki all smashing lmao i guesss no one is never really over like ATRL loves to declare

in the name of KP

spacer.png

Tbh, I'm not surprised at it doing good, I mean the fact that it went viral in the first place shows that it's a good catchy song, otherwise a Sam/Kim song would NEVER make noise. 
Now what I'm surprised at is that it's doing 9 million ww. :skull: :skull:

I'm afraid payola has officially made its way to streaming. All of these random songs being big streaming hits out of nowhere is weird. Then you listen to them and they're the most generic sounding songs (SFG and Unholy). I am a Sam supporter. I have all of his albums on CD but the truth is the truth. 

2 hours ago, Cloy said:

I'm afraid payola has officially made its way to streaming. All of these random songs being big streaming hits out of nowhere is weird. Then you listen to them and they're the most generic sounding songs (SFG and Unholy). I am a Sam supporter. I have all of his albums on CD but the truth is the truth. 

This doesn’t even make any sense

You can force these numbers

it's such a horrible song...but congrats i guess.... :rip:

At least Luke isn't involved in this

7 hours ago, Cloy said:

Sam's pronouns are they/them.

7 hours ago, Cloy said:

I'm not sure if you are aware (and judging by this post, you aren't), but it's not "out of nowhere", the song has been viral and all over tik tok for the past couple weeks because Sam or their label released a snippet some time ago, which led to the huge debut on Thursday already (mind you, with no playlist support at all). 

This strategy is actually reminding me of the days labels were holding off the release of a song on digital platforms/physical sales but releasing it on airplay, so it can gain radio support for a few weeks and get a strong debut. 

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Sam's pronouns are they/them.

the way you are the non-binary police parading around ATRL in Sam, Demi and Halsey threads :deadbanana4:

OT : actually I really like this song, don't get the hate. Its a cute gay anthem.

WW: #1 (=) 7,065,371

US: #1 (=) 1,836,546

UK: #1 (=) 528,512

CAN: #1 (=) 300,179

AUS: #1 (=) 222,238

Edited by dangerousbutera

On 9/24/2022 at 2:04 AM, Souvenir said:

2022 is getting worse :skull: ******* kim petras is going to get a #1 hit :skull:

Seethe!!!!! Legend Kim has been releasing pop perfection for 5 years and it's high time the GP caught wind. 

Let's go queen!!!! Rer-elease "Coconuts" tbh. 

14 hours ago, LionH3art said:

Not Kim's worst single smashing :gaycat7:

Low key my thoughts. :toofunny3: Her entire discography of perfection and then this smashing like hello, I think every song on shelved Problématique is better lmao. 

"Jesus was a Rockstar" needs to come out SOON the minute this buzz starts to die down. 

Omg how:WAP:

Everyone told me he is a flop now

2 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

the way you are the non-binary police parading around ATRL in Sam, Demi and Halsey threads :deadbanana4:

Is there a problem with me correcting people who are misgendering others?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.