Day 8: Sam Smith and Kim Petras #1 US #1 Global Spotify (7.034 Million)

wehavetostan

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• pride4jc1222

• Tropical

• Lovett

this song is kind of meh, but i'd support a #1 

What :omg: Those numbers are super big and unexpected. Man, and ATRL was shading Sam the other day saying Shawn outlasted him, lol.

6 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

beyonce, bebe rexha, david guetta, sam smith and nicki minaj all smashing in 2022 is giving fever dream like :deadbanana4: what a random group of people so many have nearly universally agreed upon as 'over'?

We just need Katy Perry!

What is your definition of smashing? 

Beyonce benefited from the same release strategy that most relevant artists benefit from then BMS dropped like a rock.

Nicki did get lucky but after the Barbs' 100th try, mass buying, manipulation tactics.

Neither being an organic smash. 

Congratulations to Sam but it is too soon call the song a smash. 

I think it'll serve a Jack Harlow- First Class. Huge debut but will plummet quickly

Also some of y'all already saying "Sam's streaming power":rip: PLS

11 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

I think it'll serve a Jack Harlow- First Class. Huge debut but will plummet quickly

Also some of y'all already saying "Sam's streaming power":rip: PLS

You can’t say that First Class plummeted quickly when it is still in the Top 20 after 23 weeks, and is ahead of a song that went #1 more than 3 months after it.

7 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

You can’t say that First Class plummeted quickly when it is still in the Top 20 after 23 weeks, and is ahead of a song that went #1 more than 3 months after it.

Yes I absolutely can because this thread is only about Global Spotify and it's at #96 on there. Isn't the whole thread about Spotify ?:rip:

First Class is still top 20 because it has 48M radio audience. 

Edited by PopFan1996

3 hours ago, Cloy said:

What is your definition of smashing? 

Beyonce benefited from the same release strategy that most relevant artists benefit from then BMS dropped like a rock.

Nicki did get lucky but after the Barbs' 100th try, mass buying, manipulation tactics.

Neither being an organic smash. 

Congratulations to Sam but it is too soon call the song a smash. 

They were both organic hits, try again :rip: 

It didn’t drop like a rock until the song was pretty much done. No promo or visual and its time on radio was over. Not every song needs to last 400 weeks

And SFG was not just pushed by barbz, the GP uses it too. Neither of those things you said are true 

4 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

What :omg: Those numbers are super big and unexpected. Man, and ATRL was shading Sam the other day saying Shawn outlasted him, lol.

Switching I see..because last time I checked you thought the same way, you ain’t slick 

21 minutes ago, Yog said:

Switching I see..because last time I checked you thought the same way, you ain’t slick 

I thought Sam wasn't going to score a hit anymore tbh. He proved me wrong.

9 hours ago, Cloy said:

BMS is a multi-week #1 that spent 10 weeks in the top 10 and despite being pulled from radio, is currently at #21 after 13 weeks. :rip: "Dropped like rock" is such a lie. Come on now.

The gap with Steve Lacy isn't that big so the #1 debut isn't locked.

Steve is #1 on Apple Music and he's #8 on Radio while Sam/Kim probably won't get too much airplay.

I think Unholy will/could debut at #3 (so far)

Huge for them, I'm surprised

5 minutes ago, Green said:

First non-binary and first trans artist to top spotify?

yes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.