Day 8: Sam Smith and Kim Petras #1 US #1 Global Spotify (7.034 Million)

wehavetostan

WTF? :deadbanana2:

I was such a kim stan back in 2018-2019. 

never in my whole life would I ever think of Kim Petras pulling in 8m streams on 1 day on spotify :deadbanana2:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• pride4jc1222

• Tropical

• Lovett

Unholy on Spotify (US) - Day 3:
#1 (=) with 1,836,546 streams (-651,911)

1 hour ago, Tropical said:

Low key my thoughts. :toofunny3: Her entire discography of perfection and then this smashing like hello, I think every song on shelved Problématique is better lmao. 

"Jesus was a Rockstar" needs to come out SOON the minute this buzz starts to die down. 

JWAR needs to be scrapped or it will end her career

It had a big decrease in the US. Bad Habit will probably be higher in a couple of days. They should have released the official video to secure the #1.

And Steve is already higher on Apple Music:

3. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit

6. Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy -3

So in the end this was just a TikTok hype'd song that had a big first day and thats about it.

34 minutes ago, Green said:

It had a big decrease in the US. Bad Habit will probably be higher in a couple of days. They should have released the official video to secure the #1.

I think the Sunday update will be key in telling us if Unholy is going to be #1. If it stays above 1.4M, I think Unholy will stabilize there the rest of the week and have the #1. Anything lower, and they may need to release the official video to get the #1. It would have helped, though, if Unholy had that radio deal LNX had.

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Is there a problem with me correcting people who are misgendering others?

Yes, there’s a big problem with that. People have a right to call him by how they feel they should call him. Who are you to tell others what to do or who to call someone else? :rip: Stop.

Happy for Kim. She deserves it 

1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Unholy on Spotify (US) - Day 3:
#1 (=) with 1,836,546 streams (-651,911)

Amazing hold :jonny2:

6 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Yes, there’s a big problem with that. People have a right to call him by how they feel they should call him. Who are you to tell others what to do or who to call someone else? :rip: Stop.

No they do not, and I look forward to the mods explaining that to you as you are given a ZTP violation. Sam Smith is non-binary, you don't get to misgender them because of how you feel. Never quote me again.

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

So in the end this was just a TikTok hype'd song that had a big first day and thats about it.

7m worldwide on its 2nd full day is an early indication of actual stability soo this is still major. Also thats still a very high number

Edited by jjmed59

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

No.

Edited by thatsmydemi

2 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

God people on this forum are garbage, why do I still come here :deadbanana4:

31 minutes ago, shelven said:

This is true but we need you legend, to bring goodness :heart:

and also we’re waiting for Normani’s album  

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

No they do not, and I look forward to the mods explaining that to you as you are given a ZTP violation. Sam Smith is non-binary, you don't get to misgender them because of how you feel. Never quote me again.

It’s he OR they. So why are you telling me otherwise 

1 hour ago, shelven said:

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

No.

He said he or they so why get mad and freak out if I don’t say they?… is this really what you’re worried about.. and I’m the garbage one?..

54 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

He said he or they so why get mad and freak out if I don’t say they?… is this really what you’re worried about.. and I’m the garbage one?..

You... are aware that we can still see your previous post, right? :rip: If all you had originally said was "Sam has stated they go by both he and they", you wouldn't have received the pushback you did (you may have just had people asking for a source, since I don't recall Sam saying that).

Instead, you made some generalization about how people should be free to misgender others and that anyone who tries to call out misgendering is wrong and problematic. So yes, you are absolutely a garbage person for that and a very sloppy attempt at deflecting from what you originally posted won't change that.

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

It’s he OR they. So why are you telling me otherwise 

No it isn't. Sam has stated that their pronouns are they/them, which I have told you already. You are repeatedly purposefully misgendering them and then tried to attack me for clarifying their pronouns.

With that massive collapse, looks like #1 isn't really in the cards. We'll see if it even makes top 5 at this rate. :doc: 

13 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

This is a very strange comment. If Sam has shared that their pronouns are they/them, deliberately and purposely misgendering them is not kind and it can be called out. And if not intentional, people would benefit from a kind reminder.

OT: I don’t see this doing anything beyond this first week, it’s very frontloaded as are all TikTok-hyped songs but I’d be happy to be proven wrong :gaycat5:

good for him, I thought he was on his way out but this seems like it'll be a return to smashing 

18 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

good for him, I thought he was on his way out but this seems like it'll be a return to smashing 

Ok.. let me end this narrative.

Love Goes was moderate hit because of the timing of the release and constant delays, also had intense competition on the release week but Dancing with a Stranger and How Do You Sleep were top 10 hits in the UK. The singles performed way better than the ones they released for The Thrill of It All (Love Goes has six top 20 singles and The Thrill of It All only one and one top 40 in the UK, while in the US, Love Goes outperformed The Thrill of It All based on singles chart peaks.) So yes, Love Goes was a ''medium hit'' but still outperformed their last album, they were never on their way out to begin with..

Edited by Yog

50 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Not necessarily. TikTok hype doesn't necessarily translate to long-term success across other singles. Lizzo has flopped with every single of hers that wasn't a TikTok meme so far, just as an example.

4 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Sam's pronouns are they/them. I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said. :rip:

the song is a bop so deserved

Kim's verse adds nothing to the song and I generally prefer female voices so that's saying something :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.