Drag Race UK's Cherry Valentine passes away at 28

Arthoe

RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Cherry Valentine has died aged 28, their agent has confirmed.

Cherry - whose real name is George Ward - starred in series two of the UK version of the hit show. Their family said their death came as a 'profound shock'.

They said the performer died on September 18 and that their 'lives will never be the same.' In a statement, Cherry's family said: "It is with the most heart wrenching and deepest sadness to inform you that our George - Cherry Valentine - has tragically passed away.

307962114_861866671397817_59587726316757

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63006004

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthoe

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Dragonfly

• Pop culture

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad.  I'm sure they haven't released the cause of death yet?

WHAT NOOOOO she had the best laugh since Jade Jolie. RIP QUEEN! 

2 minutes ago, manwhore said:

Sad.  I'm sure they haven't released the cause of death yet?

They haven't, just that it came as a total shock and unexpected to anybody in their life.

Oh my God, that's HORRIBLY sad! He was so young????

I hope whatever it was it was quick and painless... he literally just posted something on his Instagram a few days back and looked perfectly healthy.

Such a young and talented person, absolutely heartbreaking. I feel for her family and friends. Rest in Peace. 

Nooo, that’s such awful news, such a great person. Her BBC documentary about being queer in the traveller community was absolutely fantastic and her dedication to nursing, even going back to it during the COVID filming break of UK2 was so commendable. What an absolute loss to the world and the community here in the UK. RIP :heart2:

ugh 28, so young. rip to a very talented individual 

Spoiler

i know the cause of death wasnt revealed but i hope anyone who reads this knows that theres help available when you struggle and you dont have to fight battles on your own. please seek out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.