Shania Twain - "Waking Up Dreaming"

nadiamendell

This is very 2008/2009 British pop. 

3 hours ago, liver said:

everything about this sucks 

Poor thing. This is the best thing she’s done in 20 years. 

• ATRL Moderator

Such a cute video, and she looks like she's having the time of her life :jamming:

Ok but why in the fresh hell is this labelled as country on AM :priceless:

You'd expect a legend like her to get a proper budget on a label like Republic and a better creative team.

Altogether this is kinda cheap and not a marvelous "comeback" single...

1 hour ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Because that is her main genre and they have to categorize her somehow. :rip: She’s never quite fully fit into country or pop. There needs to be an official Country/Pop genre established for the queen. :gaycat5:

7 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Because that is her main genre and they have to categorize her somehow. :rip: She’s never quite fully fit into country or pop. There needs to be an official Country/Pop genre established for the queen. :gaycat5:

But it’s a pop song…

1 hour ago, Nashe said:

You'd expect a legend like her to get a proper budget on a label like Republic and a better creative team.

Altogether this is kinda cheap and not a marvelous "comeback" single...

Oh honey, this has always been Shania's whole aesthetic with her upbeat songs though lol. Low-budget camp that's fun. It's just her style and you can go stan someone else if you don't like it. :michael:

20 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

But it’s a pop song…

True, but there is some banjo in there! :gaycat2: I think this is labeled as "country" because she's on a country label, and that's how the music services tend to categorize genres? 

she seems to be having fun, i love that .. i loooove the melody in "and dress up crazy like superstars" .. definitely a grower but i feel the SHANIA twang here 

3 hours ago, smoore95GAGA said:

I'm kinda sad this song doesn't have more country elements. it would sound much better

Well it's better than anything from that NOW album :mandown:

Simple and cute. What else were you expecting?

I don't mind the video. It feels like a definite throwback to her 90s videos.

But the song :katie: It's the best song she's made in literally decades but still nowhere near probably even the worst songs on COO or Up.

And I understand why and all, but her voice sounds so busted and it makes me sad :monkey:

:skull:

This is the same woman who delivered one of the most expensive videos of all time

Her voice situation is a real shame. I’m glad she’s found her footing and has a legacy beyond and after her work with her former husband, but you can tell they really put a lot in to make these vocals work. 

I think the song is cute, it's not impressive or anything but better than everything off Now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.