Super Rich Consider Disciplinary Collars for Security Guards During Apocalypse

AlanRickman1946

Douglas Rushkoff:

As a humanist who writes about the impact of digital technology on our lives, I am often mistaken for a futurist. The people most interested in hiring me for my opinions about technology are usually less concerned with building tools that help people live better lives in the present than they are in identifying the Next Big Thing through which to dominate them in the future. I don’t usually respond to their inquiries. Why help these guys ruin what’s left of the internet, much less civilisation?

Still, sometimes a combination of morbid curiosity and cold hard cash is enough to get me on a stage in front of the tech elite, where I try to talk some sense into them about how their businesses are affecting our lives out here in the real world. That’s how I found myself accepting an invitation to address a group mysteriously described as “ultra-wealthy stakeholders”, out in the middle of the desert.

“How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

The event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse, social unrest, nuclear explosion, solar storm, unstoppable virus, or malicious computer hack that takes everything down.

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from raiders as well as angry mobs. One had already secured a dozen Navy Seals to make their way to his compound if he gave them the right cue. But how would he pay the guards once even his crypto was worthless? What would stop the guards from eventually choosing their own leader?

The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers – if that technology could be developed “in time”.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/sep/04/super-rich-prepper-bunkers-apocalypse-survival-richest-rushkoff

Edited by AlanRickman1946

The ultra wealthy are subhuman, and they will get what’s coming for them :heart:

As Pluto migrates out of Capricorn and into Aquarius I’m wondering if some of these plutocrats will be exposed for the con men that they are. For half of the population, the jig is already up. How long before another French Revolution type scenario?

24 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

This is an old article just fyi 

Sun 4 Sep 2022 ?

This is an interesting concept. If money is worthless, how do you ensure your workers don't kill you and take all of your food?  I don't think you can prevent this unless your workers genuinely like and respect you and you offer to share everything with them in the event of an apocalypse.  

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

This is an interesting concept. If money is worthless, how do you ensure your workers don't kill you and take all of your food?  I don't think you can prevent this unless your workers genuinely like and respect you and you offer to share everything with them in the event of an apocalypse.  

Them thinking about control instead of collaborating and preserving whatever future is left should tell you the sad state of humanity now...

Absolutely terrifying. It'll never work for them though. Humans have always figured out a way to overthrow their rulers 

2 hours ago, Jagger said:

Absolutely terrifying. It'll never work for them though. Humans have always figured out a way to overthrow their rulers 

They haven't figured out how to in North Korea and China.

20 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

Sun 4 Sep 2022 ?

No I googled this for more info and found a Reddit thread about it from 2018

2 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

No I googled this for more info and found a Reddit thread about it from 2018

Maybe the rich have been doing that for many years but this article is recent.

The next few months/years will be VERY interesting, I bet you that. 

We haven't seen the worst yet... 

On 9/23/2022 at 3:51 PM, Archetype said:

Aren't they also creating mind control technology?

19 hours ago, infrared said:

I mean if the world goes to ****, you bet humans will return to primate behavior.

Go read Parable of The Sower & Parable of the talents, this is exactly what happens even down to the collars. 

I visited Mexico with some friends and we stayed on a compound and had a whole conversation about how if a parable situation happened we would all meet back there

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.