Pick an underrated Mariah album

crf13

Which underrated Mariah album is your favorite?   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Well…

• Emotions
    • Rainbow
    • Glitter
    • Charmbracelet
    • Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
    • Me…I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse

Below are Mariah’s most underrated albums amongst lambs and the general public:

Emotions (1991)

spacer.png

Rainbow (1999)

spacer.png
Glitter (2001)

spacer.png

Charmbracelet (2002)

spacer.png

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (2009)

spacer.png

Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse (2014)

spacer.png

Which one is your favorite? 

Note: I didn’t include Caution bc it’s highly rated amongst critics and lambs (as it should be)

Emotions is an incredibly strong album - top five Mariah. The Motown influences throughout :jonny: 

Glitter is amazing too

Edited by suburbannature

Hambracelet by far, Through the Rain isn't really demonstrative of the entire project. Glitter is pretty (overly) highly rated by her fans.

Emotions > Charmbracelet > Memoirs > MIAM > Glitter > PLAINbow 

Emotions honestly. Out of the first decade of her career it’s probably the most overlooked album. Being sandwiched between the debut and Music Box do it no real favors either. 

Rainbow is fantastic, despite Mariah herself not being too fond of it. I understand that at the time she was focused on planning the Glitter project and quickly made Rainbow in order to fulfill her contractual obligations with Columbia, but she still managed to make a solid album with fun bops and heartfelt ballads. I love the LGBT imagery as well :rainbow:

17 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Emotions is an incredibly strong album - top five Mariah. The Motown influences throughout :jonny: 

:jonny5:

Rainbow is actually solid. It would be a lot better with proper mixing/production. Glitter is insanely over hated too, one of her best imo. Emotions is overlooked a lot too.

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

k0UjNa2.gif

I've been waiting for this one!

Hands DOWN, Emotions, and it's not even close.

Perfect blend of Pop/Disco/R&B and motown soul... If It's Over alone... :jonny4:

It's a travesty it didn't fare as well as her debut when it's honestly miles better.

rainbow, since its her best album and most iconic era. charmbracelet is the poor mans rainbow & glitter, while the movie is actually a great comfort film, the album is not listenable apart from 2 songs :(

50 minutes ago, Punky Rooster said:

Hambracelet by far, Through the Rain isn't really demonstrative of the entire project. Glitter is pretty (overly) highly rated by her fans.

:rip: no way 

Charmbracelet is R&B excellence and was unfairly maligned by critics because of her public image at the time and as Glitter’s follow up.

Boy (I Need You), Clown, Yours, The One, Bringin' On the Heartbreak >>

Emotions is literally a religious experience :jonny5:

Memoirs>>>

like it has her best songs Candy Bling and The Impossible, on top of some other gems like Inseparable, More Than Just Friends, H.A.T.E.U. and the smash hit Obsessed 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.