• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clandestine

• supaspaz

• Kamil24

• Harmonizer

I had to create this just to say omg at Derek and Claire slaying from the first episode.

Also Abby had me rolling every time she was on screen. Hoping she survives a while for the dramatics.

Sad to see Aastha and Nina leave so soon but I like pretty much all the teams so far anyway so I'm looking forward to the season.

The peer counselor/life coach couple is a bit cringe for me, like home girl is breaking down episode one.:doc: I'm not here for them honestly 

Can’t wait to watch for Derek and Claire! I did a purge of my Instagram recently and I unfollowed most Survivor, BB, and Drag Race people except for Derek and Claire! LOVE THEM

I fear Derek is getting eliminated early do not them being shown in the season preview clip. 

2 hours ago, 1DES said:

I fear Derek is getting eliminated early do not them being shown in the season preview clip. 

i noticed this too :dancehall3:

5 hours ago, 1DES said:

2 hours ago, ang said:

i noticed this too :dancehall3:

they won't.

this will be my first season of amazing race because of king derek and queen of hearts claire.

Just saw it. Go CLAIREX!!! Total domination! Not sure about the Scramble as a format because it was somewhat difficult to keep track of who’s done what, but I appreciate the graphic recap they did. 

Are there spoilers for the season? I don’t want to look at them, but I also want to be wary of people posting “speculations” when they’re really spoilers.

Derek and Claire <3 I honestly really liked all of the teams to a certain extent.

Did anyone else hate the Scramble twist? It was such a mess and I fear that all of the legs will be in smaller areas. It was hard to follow.

5 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Just saw it. Go CLAIREX!!! Total domination! Not sure about the Scramble as a format because it was somewhat difficult to keep track of who’s done what, but I appreciate the graphic recap they did. 

Are there spoilers for the season? I don’t want to look at them, but I also want to be wary of people posting “speculations” when they’re really spoilers.

Yeah people track the racers as they go and scour the internet for any sightings. Sometimes teams go for a while not being spotted though so the spoilers aren't 100% but in general people can know who goes far and who isn't likely to last long.

I agree about the scramble being very chaotic to watch. I did like that they tried it before the teams knew each other because that avoided any solid alliances forming a plan for how to go about it but it didn't make for easy viewing.

The scramble in theory makes it a much more interesting race, but does feel very chaotic when watching and not knowing the rankings at all. Would be cool to see it done occasionally (like 2-3 times per season). Hope it's not permanent. 

Not sure how I feel about the scramble twist, it feels refreshing but I do miss the traditional format. I do love that there are no non-elimination legs this season though. Last season had way too many non-eliminations and it ruined the season for me. 

We finally get another lesbian couple on the show and... :rip:

I'm rooting for Derek and Claire and Emily and Molly the most but I really enjoyed getting to know some of the other teams better this episode. Marcus and Michael, Glenda and Lumumba and Linton and Sharik are all interesting and fun. I still need more from all of the dancing couples to get invested in them though.

I was surprised they had an episode with all musical tasks but I enjoyed them even if they were a bit tough on the ears. 

I am glad the Scramble twist was only a one episode thing. I still enjoy every team, which I don't think is usual

I don't mind the scramble, especially when I think back to some really awful first legs with the only task being a single roadblock:rip: and remember the bar for leg 1 is generally pretty low. The cast and tasks so far are surprisingly good, glad this show is back in decent form. The TRUDGE to get through the last 20 minute of modern survivor before this came on whew that show is pretty much unwatchable now. 

Also, is anyone watching the current season of Amazing Race Australia? The ABSOLUTE mess that this season is and I am kinda living for it. Heather and Eve got dethroned to the most spectacular extent possible 

Everyone should watch season 8 of Amazing Race Canada and experience FRANELLA.

Anyway, solid episode because of the flip-flopping in placements. The rollercoaster that Claire took us on, whew.

20 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

I am glad the Scramble twist was only a one episode thing. I still enjoy every team, which I don't think is usual

Exactly how I feel

So far I'm enjoying this season much more than the previous one 

Obsessed with Emily and Molly dominating challenges even over a mechanic in a motorcycle task.

Derek is providing some solid comedy in every episode so far and I love to see it.

I'm glad we get another episode before an elimination because I really like all the teams.

7 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Obsessed with Emily and Molly dominating challenges even over a mechanic in a motorcycle task.

Derek is providing some solid comedy in every episode so far and I love to see it.

I'm glad we get another episode before an elimination because I really like all the teams.

I don't think I have ever liked every single team before, especially after the 3rd episode. Dom is kind of annoying sometimes, but I still like her.

So instead of non-eliminations or those "you are still racing" legs, we will have these mega legs instead? I don't like it, I prefer at least a check in so that every team has a placement. If they didn't want any NEL legs, just should have replaced them all with those "you are still racing ones" after they check in to the mat. 

On 10/7/2022 at 6:53 AM, Harmonizer said:

I don't think I have ever liked every single team before, especially after the 3rd episode. Dom is kind of annoying sometimes, but I still like her.

Unfortunately it didn't last until the end of the fourth episode but it was a good run.

Sharik's attitude reminded me of DeAngelo before he got eliminated which was just as disappointing. I'd understand it more if it was just during the leg but when the saltiness continues after they're done racing it rubs me the wrong way.

I'll miss Rich and Dom but I'm hoping this opens the door to see some of the other teams a bit more. Although we got about 30 seconds of Abby and Will here and I thought it became clear why we don't get more.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

Although we got about 30 seconds of Abby and Will here and I thought it became clear why we don't get more.

Absolutely no personality!

omg who is that girl that came in 2nd-last place? :ahh: I don't remember her from previous legs, but now looking forward to seeing more of her. 

8 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Unfortunately it didn't last until the end of the fourth episode but it was a good run.

Sharik's attitude reminded me of DeAngelo before he got eliminated which was just as disappointing. I'd understand it more if it was just during the leg but when the saltiness continues after they're done racing it rubs me the wrong way.

I'll miss Rich and Dom but I'm hoping this opens the door to see some of the other teams a bit more. Although we got about 30 seconds of Abby and Will here and I thought it became clear why we don't get more.

I was hoping Sharik would get eliminated so badly :weeps: Girl was pissing me off

Sharik delivering an amazing performance wow serving shades of FLO in Vietnam, kind of iconic

Rich and Dom lasting this long was also kind of a miracle what icons lmao

Solid season so far!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.