Is Positions the worst popgirl album of 2020?

GentleDance

Not when it has ott, safety net or my hair on it. That title belongs to Slime... It has a few quality bops (NRO, CP) but overall a very weekalbum by Katy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sazare

• The Music Industry

• KatyPrismSpirit

• PoisonedIvy

Not when it has songs like motive, off the table, safety net, six thirty, or nasty on it :giraffe: 

Also:

10 hours ago, GentleDance said:

45. Good News 85

This having a score of 85 shows how useless critics are :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

34 35 was blocked from going #1 by drivers license twice :rip: puts a lot into perspective because it genuinly feels like positions is older than a lot of albums. not even stretching but it feels soo much older than future nostalgia and folklore. it even feels older than chromatica 

Girl, does anyone even remember Smile was released period? :rip:

spacer.png

4 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yes, it sounds like one long boring meme'd song

3 hours ago, Wolf Alice said:

This is how it feels to me. It's really hard because it's hard to understand her sometimes due to her enunciation which makes me focus on the music and that just blends all over :dies:

Please tell me how any of these songs sound similar to one another? Aside from being within the genre of pop/rnb, how do any of these sound like "ringtones" or "meme'd" songs? 

You guys just say the most vapid **** without any actual evidence.

No, it's not the worst but I think it's Ariana's worst album. I'm glad she took some time to reinvigorate herself creatively because her albums were starting to sound like bad photocopies of each other.

23 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Please tell me how any of these songs sound similar to one another? Aside from being within the genre of pop/rnb, how do any of these sound like "ringtones" or "meme'd" songs? 

You guys just say the most vapid **** without any actual evidence.

No idea what point you're trying to prove by posting this cringe compilation :ahh:

11 hours ago, thetea said:

am I the only one who really loved this album. sure it has some filler tracks (a great 10 track album is in there), but I really enjoyed this album and it brings back good memories of 2020 for me. 

absolutely loved it too, it's even my most played Ariana album 

44 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

No idea what point you're trying to prove by posting this cringe compilation :ahh:

:deadbanana4:

Did I just see someone say that Positions is better than THE Fetch The Bolt Cutters?..... Cosmonauts alone is better than any Ariana Grande song and that's not even the best song on the album. PLEASE BE SERIOUS FOR ONCE :biblio:

Edited by YellowRibbon

LMFAOOOOOO you pretentious snobby sissies wish it was

Edited by moonlitdick

I'm sorry but anyone saying this with a straight face when (Medium) Rare is one of the most forgettable albums released by a "major" pop star in the last several years... 

I guess they only reason people are agreeing with OP is because they forgot about Smile :skull:

1 minute ago, Rhiannon said:

I guess they only reason people are agreeing with OP is because they forgot about Smile :skull:

It’s very polarizing but the ones hating on it are definitely “yass queen slay that bop I can pop my bussy with on the dance floor” stans

Us who love it enjoy it. It’s a great album with some of her best songs ever and we are glad she stepped away from her usual producers 

littlebodybigheart

13 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

That’s not the drag you think it is. Rihanna’s music is anything but those adjectives, but you already knew that. Either way, you should be the last person speaking on anyone’s music when your fav has been making the same song since 2006. That’s the point. Stick to pretending her music is good and stop speaking on people who are actually talented :rip:

the music rihanna’s writing camp made for her* let’s be clear on that.

on topic: yes, positions is the worst album of 2020 overall actually

I really enjoy it, but I find it has low replay ability for myself. Like I enjoy it every time, but I just don’t feel the need to listen often

well considering it's an r&b album made by a pop artist ...:celestial5:I don't think it should be measured by pop standards.

Bland album but Chromatica is one of the worst things i've ever heard so another #1 for miss Gaga. :clap3:

Not the worst but it's actually pretty bad and mediocre. I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone as vocally gifted as Ariana releases such a bland music, not saying she should be singing ballads like Adele but something out of the box or that makes her voice shine more.

No :deadbanana: Literally first thing I thought of was Ava's album being worse and then looking at that truncated list High Road is definitely worse than Positions too. 

WYP being only 72 is a ******* disaster btw.

No. It's a good album, y'all just hate it because it wasn't made for y'all ageing gays.

Besides, Chromatica and Rare are right there. :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.