Is Positions the worst popgirl album of 2020?

GentleDance

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sazare

• The Music Industry

• KatyPrismSpirit

• PoisonedIvy

Wait, how is position from 2020? I don't remember it being released during the pandemic at all. I thought it was released in 2019. Wow. How time flies. 

But I don't think it's the worst album, at all. 

There are 6 or 7 songs there that are very very good. 

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

Wait, how is position from 2020? I don't remember it being released during the pandemic at all. I thought it was released in 2019. Wow. How time flies. 

But I don't think it's the worst album, at all. 

There are 6 or 7 songs there that are very very good. 

you think its older bc it aged poorly probably. i have the same. positions was actually pretty close to being released in 2021. it came out the last day of october 2020

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

you think its older bc it aged poorly probably. i have the same. positions was actually pretty close to being released in 2021. it came out the last day of october 2020

Positions came out AFTER folklore? How? :deadbanana2: I mean, it's just not an album you think when you try to remember albums that marked the first year of the pandemic. 

I could think of folklore, evermore, chormarica, future nostalgia, after hours... 

But I swear that in my head, positions came before all those albums. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

6 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I’m sure there’s something worse (Heaven & Hell)

Ava served bops and vocals Ariana nothing of the sort STFU

avabop.thumb.gif.8331943746e0991eadc8529

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

Positions came out AFTER folklore? How? :deadbanana2:

34 35 was blocked from going #1 by drivers license twice :rip: puts a lot into perspective because it genuinly feels like positions is older than a lot of albums. not even stretching but it feels soo much older than future nostalgia and folklore. it even feels older than chromatica 

11 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

34 35 was blocked from going #1 by drivers license twice :rip: puts a lot into perspective because it genuinly feels like positions is older than a lot of albums. not even stretching but it feels soo much older than future nostalgia and folklore. it even feels older than chromatica 

Because Ariana did not promote the album at all and is disappearing from the music industry for quite a while

While the promo cycle of the other albums lasted longer or the pop girls are active with other new projects :rip: 

7 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I’m sure there’s something worse (Heaven & Hell, Smile) but yea it’s pretty bad. It’s in the bottom 10 for sure. It reminds me so much of Bieber’s “Changes” album. God so uninspired, reductive, flavorless, and bland, and such step downs from their previous albums :rip: 

?

2 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Positions is MILES better than the pretentious dog barking album at #1, that's for damn sure

ezgif-6-afe5b7221d.thumb.gif.1e69a2a7af6

yet only one won two grammys for a garageband produced album using lost and found sounds

Smile and Rare are both worse than Positions imo

I never return to anything on Positions tbh but the live version of My Hair is brilliant

5 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Positions is MILES better than the pretentious dog barking album at #1, that's for damn sure

:toofunny3: silly

6 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

You literally stan Taylor Swift. Pls get some self awareness and look in the mirror before you call anyone’s music “uninspired, reductive, flavorless, and bland”

OT: I personally don’t like the album outside of a few songs. But, I don’t think it was judged fairly. Like how is Rare rated higher than it for example. Either way, critics don’t matter. It outstreamed most of the albums in this list. So, it won in the end, regardless of what those old losers think. 

Wtf does who he stans have anything to do with it? If you really want to use that logic, then wtf are you doing here when you stan Rihanna the makeup chanteuse who can't even write or produce her music :bibliahh:atleast Ariana can do that pls

OT: It is indeed a boring bland ringtone album. No wonder it has terrible longevity.

Edited by Wolf Alice

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yes, it sounds like one long boring meme'd song

This is how it feels to me. It's really hard because it's hard to understand her sometimes due to her enunciation which makes me focus on the music and that just blends all over :dies:

yes, i'm a big Ari stan and tried to force myself to like it, but it's SO bad

No. It has aged poorly overall, but some few tracks are career highlights.

I'd say Smile, that Ava Max album and Rare are much worse.

it wasnt that this album was bad, it just paled in comparison with her previous three albums at that point and aged very poorly. it sounded dated upon release. the trap influenced pop trend was sooo over at that point. everyone was dropping dance albums. 

not for me. it’s one of my faves.

and of course people are mentioning Taylor, the f***** obsession :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.