Gaga transition from music to film going viral | Indiewire weighs in.

Link16

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereaaal

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Leptine

• Blue Rose

I can’t believe this is the top thread of the week.

Edited by americanlife

10 hours ago, perfillusion said:

This bizarre frothing at the mouth meltdown when your fave Brit Spears bombed into Razzieland with Crossroads, desperately chased The Notebook, and made mv's about being a Hollywood girl winning Oscars, proving how badly popstars want and fail to be actors. 

EQ8gLI2UwAAkWTa.jpg 

Your obsession with Britney is so creepy :deadbanana2: Literally every time I see a post by you it’s some kind of weird obsessive post about Britney. You’re actually scary :rip:

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

False, Bradley Cooper turned down the role when Beyoncé was attached to the Eastwood version as confirmed by one of the producers of the movie, he decided to star and direct it when Clint Eastwood abandoned and scrapped his project and version years later.

Beyoncé was never going to be in the Bradley Cooper version, Gaga has always been his first and only choice for lead actress, that's the point, the Clint Eastwood version was scrapped and he didn't have any credit or input on Cooper version.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/a-star-is-born-producer-why-beyonce-clint-eastwood-film-didnt-happen-1157694/

Point taken, but whether Bradley had chosen to take the role or not was not quite essential to mine. It was just worth noting he was already a heavy forerunner attached to the project. Will Smith was also in serious talks to play the male lead. It just wasn’t relevant information to the argument.

The point was that the film already had legs to stand on and developmental elements in place long before Bradley took the helm. That poster was trying to weave a narrative that the Beyoncé version was just some thought in the air when that’s categorically untrue.

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

Beyoncé was never going to be in the Bradley Cooper version, Gaga has always been his first and only choice for lead actress, 

This is false, by the way.

Bradley Cooper To Make Directing Debut, Hopes To Star With Beyonce In ‘A Star Is Born’ For Warner Bros

She was approached again, and chose not to sign on.

• ATRL Moderator

I know the word gets thrown around a lot on here, but the absolute fumes that some people seemingly have over Gaga's success in film is....something.

14 hours ago, perfillusion said:

This bizarre frothing at the mouth meltdown when your fave Brit Spears bombed into Razzieland with Crossroads, desperately chased The Notebook, and made mv's about being a Hollywood girl winning Oscars, proving how badly popstars want and fail to be actors. 

Let's not get into Janet collaborating with John Singleton after his history-making Boyz N The Hood on Poetic Justice and flopping critically and commercially (cuz I love Janet). 

Anyway, lmaoo at Indiewire. Poor Madonna catching strays

EQ8gLI2UwAAkWTa.jpg 

Are you capable of forming a single thought that isn't about Britney Spears? What does any of this sad drivel have to do with my post? It's getting creepy. 

The update :dies:

hagCeLY.gif

We love seeing a hardworking and talented female artist be acknowledged for her efforts and success in two different fields :clap3:

3 hours ago, MissedTheTrain said:

I know the word gets thrown around a lot on here, but the absolute fumes that some people seemingly have over Gaga's success in film is....something.

hagCeLY.gif

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

Are you capable of forming a single thought that isn't about Britney Spears? What does any of this sad drivel have to do with my post? It's getting creepy. 

So you have no response? Didn't think so. U stan Spears hard (despite initially pretending to be a Monster with a Gaga avi who would post in the Gaga base thread + would attack Taylor & Ari to get Gaga dragged) and I am using Spears as an example of someone who was DESPERATE to make it in Hollywood and failed, thus highlighting how difficult it is for popstars, and thus showing that you shouldn't try so hard to trivialize Gaga's accomplishment.  But anyway, this argument was over the moment you were unable to respond and used the "obsessed!!" line. What's next, "ddd, the meltdown"? 

giphy.webp 

5 hours ago, Rhythm said:

This is false, by the way.

Bradley Cooper To Make Directing Debut, Hopes To Star With Beyonce In ‘A Star Is Born’ For Warner Bros

She was approached again, and chose not to sign on.

Did you actually read the article you just posted?

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with its American Sniper star Bradley Cooper to make his feature directorial debut on the remake of A Star Is Born. The hope is for Cooper also to star in the film. Once his deal is done, their first stop will be to Beyonce, who once was positioned to play the role of the young woman whose dreams of stardom are helped by a self-destructive icon whose best days are behind him. She was circling when Clint Eastwood was going to helm the remake, and the director discussed that male lead role with Cooper. She hasn’t yet been re-approached formally.

Confirming what I posted earlier, she was never Cooper's choice.

26 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

So you have no response? Didn't think so. U stan Spears hard (despite initially pretending to be a Monster with a Gaga avi who would post in the Gaga base thread + would attack Taylor & Ari to get Gaga dragged) and I am using Spears as an example of someone who was DESPERATE to make it in Hollywood and failed, thus highlighting how difficult it is for popstars, and thus showing that you shouldn't try so hard to trivialize Gaga's accomplishment.  But anyway, this argument was over the moment you were unable to respond and used the "obsessed!!" line. What's next, "ddd, the meltdown"? 

giphy.webp 

Expose it. These ex and faux-Gaga stans are the worst and most deranged of them all. :ahh: 

32 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Did you actually read the article you just posted?

Confirming what I posted earlier, she was never Cooper's choice.

OOP :ahh: 

Why is this 13 pages?  :deadbanana4:

It’s a well known fact that Gaga is a very successful and acclaimed actress (so far).  She chooses her roles well and she’s being careful to not overexpose herself.  People really fume at her not flopping, wow.

3 hours ago, perfillusion said:

giphy.webp 

Yeah I think "meltdown" is quite appropriate for yet another unhinged essay from you, not to mention being perched in my mentions every single day. My post was about a user trying to disparage Beyonce, what does Britney Spears have to do with anything other than your psychotic obsession with her (and me)? You have to do something about these obsessive ideas since you following me around like a weirdo creep around the forum was entertaining at first, now it's just getting sad.

4 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Yeah I think "meltdown" is quite appropriate for yet another unhinged essay from you, not to mention being perched in my mentions every single day. My post was about a user trying to disparage Beyonce, what does Britney Spears have to do with anything other than your psychotic obsession with her (and me)? You have to do something about these obsessive ideas since you following me around like a weirdo creep around the forum was entertaining at first, now it's just getting sad.

This thread is about how hard it is for popstars to break into Hollywood so Brit Spears is fair game as a popstar who tried and failed to break into Hollywood. I guess she wasn't so lucky, since she didn't end up being a Hollywood girl  :heart2: 

I could not take her Dracula accent serious on HOG but I did love a star is born so she has yet to prove she can play anything other than a pop star.

4 hours ago, perfillusion said:

This thread is about how hard it is for popstars to break into Hollywood so Brit Spears is fair game as a popstar who tried and failed to break into Hollywood. I guess she wasn't so lucky, since she didn't end up being a Hollywood girl  :heart2: 

Why did you reply to me then? I didn't say anything about Britney Spears and frankly, neither did anyone else. Do you have some sort of Tourette's issue where you randomly blurt out Britney's name?

I appreciate that you know her songs by heart though :heart:

This is the biggest transition from music to film since Cher. 

/thread

Not the faux and ex-Gaga stan still frothing at the mouth a day later. :ahh:

6 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Why did you reply to me then? I didn't say anything about Britney Spears and frankly, neither did anyone else. Do you have some sort of Tourette's issue where you randomly blurt out Britney's name?

I appreciate that you know her songs by heart though :heart:

I quoted you because I wanted to, and will keep doing it, because you stan the ultimate example of desperation and failure to break into Hollywood. As for your personal attacks, well, that's the Brit Spears stan way. When you've been obliterated by stats and receipts, the personal attacks begin.

2 hours ago, Ethereaaal said:

Not the faux and ex-Gaga stan still frothing at the mouth a day later. :ahh:

9 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

I could not take her Dracula accent serious on HOG but I did love a star is born so she has yet to prove she can play anything other than a pop star.

Her GG winning performance on AHS is right there.

5 hours ago, perfillusion said:

I quoted you because I wanted to, and will keep doing it, because you stan the ultimate example of desperation and failure to break into Hollywood. As for your personal attacks, well, that's the Brit Spears stan way. When you've been obliterated by stats and receipts, the personal attacks begin.

Receipts? You quoted me when I was talking about Beyonce and started melting down about Britney Spears AGAIN when neither me nor anyone else brought her up in here :bibliahh: are you imagining things? :bibliahh:

You are obsessed with her and obsessed with me. You have quoted me THIRTY TIMES in the past WEEK and I have never once initiated a discussion with you. I recognize whatever erotic feelings you have for me but I'm afraid I can't reciprocate as you come across quite clingy and unhinged :gaynetcat4:

Edited by Jay07

******* hilarious and absolutely embarrassing takes I have ever seen on this site to the point where it’s crazy to try and even consider taking Beyonce stans serious   again, but the main thing that’s so insane to wrap your head around is how so many people can have so much harsh, hate towards someone so damn harmless, and even more so deserving of what she has earned, she just has it. Sorry Britney doesn’t, sorry Beyonce doesn’t, sorry Gaga is more talented and deserving of what she has achieved. Not to mention how HARD she worked to put herself where she is and that she had to pull herself up again after falling down all those years ago, and doing it again and coming on top even higher. 

On 9/22/2022 at 7:22 PM, Sharapov said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

She's not the original choice either. She's like the 4th (Aaliyah, Jlo...) . But who cares about previous choices, at the end of the day Gaga was the FINAL and she delivered.

Edited by charot

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

I never once claimed Britney Spears was a successful actress. Are you imagining things? You are literally quoting me and saying Britney Spears out of the blue. Are you insane?

Stop stalking me weirdo. Get a job.

It's time to let it go and go to sleep dupe account :clown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.