Gaga transition from music to film going viral | Indiewire weighs in.

Link16

On 9/22/2022 at 3:07 AM, Fnooky said:

Did she win for Gucci at the Golden Globes? Critics Choice? SAG? BAFTAs? :gaycat5:

The way you are so incredibly bitter and pressed :ahh:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereaaal

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Leptine

• Blue Rose

1 hour ago, Link16 said:

UPDATE:

Harry Styles, Actor: What Would Make Him a Good One?

You can’t fault Styles for being green amid the grind of press corps talking points — he’s only made four movies, and that’s if you count his post-credits “Eternals” cameo. He is a pop star trying to mold himself into the image of an actor, as other pop stars have tried, some with more success (Lady Gaga) than others (Madonna). His remarks reflect a misunderstanding of the craft — or at least a less than fully formed appreciation of it —and that’s reflected in his work.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/harry-styles-good-actor-1234764798/

:clap3:

:ahh:

46 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

No, the difference is Beyonce has tried to successfully transition into acting multiple times and has been rejected by the industry Every. Single. Time. If Gaga was truly at a "music career low" when she starred in ASIB, why did ASIB blow up? Why did people flock to the theaters to see her and to the records stores to buy the ASIB soundtrack? Why was it so easy for the public to fall in love with Gaga if her career was so low? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that her career wasn't at a low and the only people who thought that were OGHs who don't know how to sign off of ATRL. :ahh: 

Beyonce was NEVER offered the role because the version that she was rumored to play in was NEVER greenlit. Why? Because ZERO movie studios wanted to invest in a Beyonce-led film like that. ZERO financiers felt comfortable forking over the cash for someone who has zero acting talent. No matter how many times you push this narrative, it's simply untrue. I'm not sure why you Hive members seem to think "Beyonce's version was never made official" is some kind of drag on anyone other than Beyonce. :deadbanana: 

This bizarre frothing at the mouth meltdown when Beyonce has multiple hit movies AND acclaimed roles under her belt AND a music career Lady Gaga can only dream of. Again, Rotten Tomatoes is right there.

1 hour ago, Link16 said:

UPDATE:

You can’t fault Styles for being green amid the grind of press corps talking points — he’s only made four movies, and that’s if you count his post-credits “Eternals” cameo. He is a pop star trying to mold himself into the image of an actor, as other pop stars have tried, some with more success (Lady Gaga) than others (Madonna). His remarks reflect a misunderstanding of the craft — or at least a less than fully formed appreciation of it —and that’s reflected in his work.

Indiewire, one of the most prestigious and serious media outlet knows the tea contrary to the miserable trolls of this site :clap3:

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

This bizarre frothing at the mouth meltdown when Beyonce has multiple hit movies AND acclaimed roles under her belt AND a music career Lady Gaga can only dream of. Again, Rotten Tomatoes is right there.

Ummm :coffee2:

OT: Loving that update! I just know the losers are seething HARD and actually frothing at their mouth.  :bird:

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

This bizarre frothing at the mouth meltdown when your fave Brit Spears bombed into Razzieland with Crossroads, desperately chased The Notebook, and made mv's about being a Hollywood girl winning Oscars, proving how badly popstars want and fail to be actors. 

Let's not get into Janet collaborating with John Singleton after his history-making Boyz N The Hood on Poetic Justice and flopping critically and commercially (cuz I love Janet). 

Anyway, lmaoo at Indiewire. Poor Madonna catching strays

EQ8gLI2UwAAkWTa.jpg 

14 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

This bizarre frothing at the mouth meltdown when your fave Brit Spears bombed into Razzieland with Crossroads, desperately chased The Notebook, and made mv's about being a Hollywood girl winning Oscars, proving how badly popstars want and fail to be actors. 

Let's not get into Janet collaborating with John Singleton after his history-making Boyz N The Hood on Poetic Justice and flopping critically and commercially (cuz I love Janet). 

Anyway, lmaoo at Indiewire. Poor Madonna catching strays

EQ8gLI2UwAAkWTa.jpg 

The fact that you know this and I being a stan don't says a lot about your obsession with her and these are literally the lyrics of Lucky: Isn't she lovely?, this Hollywood girl? Of course the video was gonna portrait her as an actress, genius :toofunny3:

OT: Gaga made a good transition from pop star to actress which is quite rare, just a handful of ladies have done this, there's no reason to diminish her accolades as some people are doing here.

21 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

The fact that you know this and I being a stan don't says a lot about your obsession with her and these are literally the lyrics of Lucky: Isn't she lovely?, this Hollywood girl? Of course the video was gonna portrait her as an actress, genius :toofunny3:

OT: Gaga made a good transition from pop star to actress which is quite rare, just a handful of ladies have done this, there's no reason to diminish her accolades as some people are doing here.

There were literal threads about it on ATRL a few months ago. Anyway, you Brit Spears stans make the most bizarrely specific threads about Gaga stuff I've never heard about, I never see you calling them out.

Gaga did something none of her peers could, furthering cementing her legend status.

I knew since her Marry the Night video that she had acting chops. Just needed the right outlet for it. 

I honestly don't think it's anything she's had to learn. Her whole Gaga persona was a huge acting challenge in and of itself. It takes a lot of dedication to manipulate yourself to that degree that surrendering yourself to film was just a mirror to that experience. 

Seems her acting is eclipsing her music, now, though. Which is a shame but I'm happy for her success. She's produced enough content that I'm not mad. 

3 hours ago, Bang Up said:

:ahh: 

Beyonce was NEVER offered the role because the version that she was rumored to play in was NEVER greenlit. Why? Because ZERO movie studios wanted to invest in a Beyonce-led film like that. ZERO financiers felt comfortable forking over the cash for someone who has zero acting talent. No matter how many times you push this narrative, it's simply untrue. I'm not sure why you Hive members seem to think "Beyonce's version was never made official" is some kind of drag on anyone other than Beyonce. :deadbanana: 

There’s no way you feel that comfortable sitting there and just straight lying. :rip: Warner Bros. had already greenlit the project with Clint Eastwood at the helm directing Beyoncé and Bradley Cooper in the lead role. It had already been in their hands for about two years before the Beyoncé version started development and close to 9 before the Gaga version. Beyoncé got pregnant, which put the process on hold and in that time Eastwood just went on to direct another project, so it was put on ice indefinitely. Bradley Cooper decided to take over and keep the ball rolling after some time had passed, but these elements were all long in place before Gaga came in the fold.

Heis a pop star trying to mold himself into the image of an actor, as other pop stars have tried, some with more success (Lady Gaga)than others (Madonna).

:deadbanana4:

70k likes is not viral and Gaga’s second hollywood role barely made any noise

On 9/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, Blue Rose said:

The movie is barely fresh. It’s 62. Isn’t 59 rotten? :toofunny2:

doubling the budget is literally the bare minimum too :rip: 

House Of Gucci is closer to “panned flop” than it is to “critical smash”

spacer.png

I cant believe someone can post things this stupid..

8 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

Whew, I’ve seen it all :rip:

I don’t understand either side’s need to come for the other tbh, Gaga and Beyoncé are arguably the two most prestigious and respected women in the music industry right now — recognized and revered by both their peers and the public. They’re in their own lanes and have mastered their crafts, the attempts to discredit either of them with delusional, desperate lies are dumb.

Her transition is very impressive and she’s on her way to solidifying herself as a main actress girl like Barbra and Cher did but she’s only done 2 movies so far so we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves.

We’ve seen she can do drama well and was ok at horror in AHS but I’d like to see if she can pull off comedy. 

2 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

is-it.gif

On 9/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, Sharapov said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

:bibliahh:

9 hours ago, Link16 said:

UPDATE:

9 hours ago, Resquid said:

:soda:Brutal.

The way the mainstream media is casually bringing up Gaga as a universally accepted example of succesful transition into acting now :clap: sh*ting on ALL the flop attempts at a drag happening in this thread whew! :clap:

I mean, THE new standard. 

atrl-sebs123.gif

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

I mean, THE new standard. 

atrl-sebs123.gif

No way:rip: this is just too good to be true :bibliahh:

Who thought about fuming with this kind of articles already existing. The entire deluded crowd in this thread found dead in a ditch 

atrl-sebs123.gif

Edited by Resquid

7 hours ago, Rhythm said:

There’s no way you feel that comfortable sitting there and just straight lying. :rip: Warner Bros. had already greenlit the project with Clint Eastwood at the helm directing Beyoncé and Bradley Cooper in the lead role. It had already been in their hands for about two years before the Beyoncé version started development and close to 9 before the Gaga version. Beyoncé got pregnant, which put the process on hold and in that time Eastwood just went on to direct another project, so it was put on ice indefinitely. Bradley Cooper decided to take over and keep the ball rolling after some time had passed, but these elements were all long in place before Gaga came in the fold.

False, Bradley Cooper turned down the role when Beyoncé was attached to the Eastwood version as confirmed by one of the producers of the movie, he decided to star and direct it when Clint Eastwood abandoned and scrapped his project and version years later.

Beyoncé was never going to be in the Bradley Cooper version, Gaga has always been his first and only choice for lead actress, that's the point, the Clint Eastwood version was scrapped and he didn't have any credit or input on Cooper version.

Thanks to “timing,” Cooper stepped into the role after originally passing on it prior because “he felt he was actually a little young to do the movie.” But when it made its way back into his hands for a directorial opportunity, “he was happy to hire himself as the actor because he was a little older at [that] point and he felt like he could portray the character better.”

“He spent a lot of time editing and helping produce many of the movies he had been in previously, and he was extremely decisive about everything. He knew how he wanted to shoot the movie, he knew how he wanted to shoot Lady Gaga, he knew what he wanted his sound to be like, he knew what he wanted his voice to sound like.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/a-star-is-born-producer-why-beyonce-clint-eastwood-film-didnt-happen-1157694/

3 hours ago, Zaram said:

:bibliahh:

3 hours ago, Zaram said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

:dies::fan:

Edited by AlexM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.