Gaga transition from music to film going viral | Indiewire weighs in.

Link16

Just now, Hurem said:

:ahh: 

OGHs aren’t even trying anymore, it’s kinda embarrassing

Right? :dies:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereaaal

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Leptine

• EnigmaticAndroid

43 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects 

What did you just say:bibliahh::bibliahh:

:ahh:

the girls are mad. gaga solidified her spot in the industry with her transition into acting. she'll be around for decades to come and the OGHs will be fuming.

18 minutes ago, Leptine said:

People mentioning Cher and Babra Streisand clearly don't even know their careers (expected from the usual ignorant ATRLers) and how they transitioned to the movie industry.

Barbra Streisand born artistically as theatre actress, her music and acting career started at the same time, by the time she debuted in 'Funny Girl' (movie) she was already Tony nominated for the same role and performance, it wasn't really a transition she has always been an actress.

Cher did her first movie as lead in the late 60s (Chastity) who ended up as commercial and panned failure, it prevented her for doing movie for more than 10 years and then she had to restart with supporting roles before getting lead ones, her first nomination is for a supporting performance.

Both completely different situations from Gaga.

Gaga is a unicum :clap3:

Edited by Katniss

10 hours ago, Fnooky said:

She still got her second SAG, Golden Globes, and Bafta nominations. You can’t say she flopped just because she didn’t get an Oscar nom in an extremely competitive and unpredictable year for leading actresses :psyduck:

so apparently ga ga stans get mad when people says shes a bad actress then they call someone nominated for a golden globe a bad actress too?

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=1896,1264,x0,y66

what's that smell?

the fact that kirsten stewart got a nom over gaga says it all :deadbanana2:

Edited by Sharapov

Gaga's not the first to do it but I can't think of any recent examples of succesful transitioning from music into acting. She has been praised for 2 roles now and her third movie is likely to be acclaimed as well.. that's already 3/3 and a whole lot more than some of the other people in the industry that have tried. I don't know why OGHs are so adamant into not giving Gaga any sort of credit for that

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

I guess Madonna the biggest popstar of the world was too poor to buy some awards despite decades of attempts and her friendship with Harvey Weinstein not to mention that even Jennifer Hudson was richer than Beyoncé at her first gig post 'American idol' to secure her awards while the other couldn't :dies:

:rip:The history revision.

As if a frugal woman like Madonna (who once hailed awards as meaningless in the early 90's) would throw money at the voters or bother campaigning aggressively for 6 months for every movie she appeared in to win something she doesn't give a f about lol

Gaga going to the effort of bowing and scraping to the Oscar voters as well as immortalizing herself as a prize twit with those endless supply of farcical stories throughout both ASIB and Gucci's promo run turned out to be far more entertaining than the films themselves. Speaking of which, I wonder what fairy story she has planned next to outdo her "fly" yarn upon promoting Joker 2?  I'm expecting talk of Heath Ledger coming down from the heavens to congratulate her on the role. It's literally satire at this point. :bibliahh:

Edited by GlamSlam

1 hour ago, Great808 said:

I read the last sentence of this and then looked at the AVI and immediately giggled. It’s like some ppl wouldn’t know irony if it smacked them in the face. 

Irony? I'm currently an undergraduate in Italy, so I can easily confirm that they failed to depict Italian culture hence why the movie resulted in a bad parody. 

Even if I didn't temporarily reside there, it wouldn't change the fact that portraying the same stereotypes over and over again isn't fun nor ironic, rather tacky and utterly ignorant. 

54 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I mean, I can see why certain people are mad when the last attempt of their fave ended up like this and she never returned to a movie set ever again since :dies:

b3DjwlN.png

Imagine having the nerve to criticize Gaga's acting career who has been punctually recognized by the most important acting awards when their fave did this atrocity  :dies:

beyonce-mrs-carter-world-show-tour-02071

At least have the balls to put an @ on it.

Be grateful that Beyoncé turned down ASIB or the alleged "re-peak" wouldn't have occurred at all. 

Logic was never the forte when it comes to Gaga stans, but this is a low even for you daring to compare a comedy with an Oscar-bait remake and a Ridley Scott movie. 

Keep on bragging about all those nominations though. Yet again, it's all smoke and mirrors :zzz:

The woman who allegedly doesn't care about awards campaigning according to her stans thanking and kissing the ass of Harvey Weinstein the most powerful (at the time) and vile man in Hollywood on National television at the Golden Globes, too bad it wasn't enough to be translated in an Oscar nomination, same when she won for 'Evita' she couldn't even get a SAG nomination or other industry precursor nomination.

The Academy has always said NO to her despite spending years in organizing a pointless Oscar after party for which it was her only way to be part of that  :dies:

8 minutes ago, Leptine said:

The woman who allegedly doesn't care about awards campaigning according to her stans thanking and kissing the ass of Harvey Weinstein the most powerful (at the time) and vile man in Hollywood on National television at the Golden Globes, too bad it wasn't enough to be translated in an Oscar nomination, same when she won for 'Evita' she couldn't even get a SAG nomination or other industry precursor nomination.

The Academy has always said NO to her despite spending years in organizing a pointless Oscar after party for which it was her only way to be part of that  :dies:

Compared to Gaga, no, she doesn't, so my point still stands. and you're still banging on about Harvey Weinstein? Trust me you really don't want to go there with all the vile sexual abusers Gaga surrounds herself with.

19 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Irony? I'm currently an undergraduate in Italy, so I can easily confirm that they failed to depict Italian culture hence why the movie resulted in a bad parody. 

Even if I didn't temporarily reside there, it wouldn't change the fact that portraying the same stereotypes over and over again isn't fun nor ironic, rather tacky and utterly ignorant. 

At least have the balls to put an @ on it.

Be grateful that Beyoncé turned down ASIB or the alleged "re-peak" wouldn't have occurred at all. 

Logic was never the forte when it comes to Gaga stans, but this is a low even for you daring to compare a comedy with an Oscar-bait remake and a Ridley Scott movie. 

Keep on bragging about all those nominations though. Yet again, it's all smoke and mirrors :zzz:

:clap3:

Gaga is indeed the most successful singer to actress crossover in at least 20 years (JLO was also extremely successful but she transitioned from acting to singing). That said, she was extremely lucky she was a passable actress since her singing career was on life support 5 years in and she would be mimicking a Christina-like trajectory (forgotten and having to perform at Pride with a strap-on) if she didn't reinvigorate her celebrity with carefully picked, highly flattering movie roles (a singer and an Italian, literally her identity). Comparing her to Madonna is a joke since Madonna didn't start really declining until 30 years (!!!) into her music career and never needed to be an actress to save herself, it was just a fun side thing for her.

Edited by Jay07

Dominating two of the most major fields of entertainment is rare and there’s a reason we’ve only seen a handful of artists able to do it. Gaga is one of them because she’s not only talented but she has a passion for it. There’s no agenda, no money motivation, she loves and respects the craft that is acting and film. :jonny6:

In 2022 the Beyoncé stans still hasn't got the simple concept that Beyoncè was never taken in consideration to be on the Bradley Cooper version of ASIB who directed and wrote, as it was confirmed mutiple times by him who has always wanted Gaga after seeing a performance of her on a charity event, Beyoncé was attached only to the Clint Eastwood version that got trashed, in the same way Jennifer Lopez was supposed to be on another production 10 years before as she stated.

Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper are two different people who hold different productions and teams but I guess even this concept can be hard to understand for certain people.

Then of course I don't bother to @ people who punctually act like miserable and ignorant trolls spreading dumb delusional takes.

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

:rip:

2 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

As if that erases the fact Madonna has two Oscar winning songs in her catalogue which happened to be sang....SOLO

As if that erases the fact Madonna has 0 Oscar wins and 0 Oscar nominations in her catalogue...SOLO or otherwise

1 hour ago, Sharapov said:

so apparently ga ga stans get mad when people says shes a bad actress then they call someone nominated for a golden globe a bad actress too?

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=1896,1264,x0,y66

what's that smell?

the fact that kirsten stewart got a nom over gaga says it all :deadbanana2:

wait Bey was GG Nominated for Acting?? good for her

still, Gaga remains far superior cause BAFTA, CC, Actors Guild is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GG

Spill but House of Gucci was a panned flop

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

back to the hypothetical situations :ahh:

The deflections and troll attempts in her keep getting worse :clownny:

Yes Gaga, yes TABS, yes unmatched success in two fields and two extremely successful careers running in parallel, yes OGHs fuming.

One successful  movie and she is now called - movie star. Especially by Michael that cried on YT while he was listening to Chromatica… 

she can’t find a success in any field atm. Music went out the window and movies that none wants to watch like HoG and whatever is next …

If she is so talented why she isn’t making her own well produced music ?

If she is such a good actress why isn’t she getting roles in really relevant movies? 

Lady Gaga is already a movie star:wanda:

see that's what happens when you're so talented and iconic:wanda:

The way every single of her projects are successful, from music, to film, to make up, just incredible no wonder why those poor souls that posted right above are fuming so hard!

She cannot stop winning!:clap3:

Can't wait to see her slaying in Joker 2! :duca:

Edited by Rhiannon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.