Gaga transition from music to film going viral | Indiewire weighs in.

Link16

36 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Gaga was lucky to have been given the role of a singer on ASIB since that's what she does in her life lol, too bad her next role consisted solely in implementing an irrealistic odd accent which is pathetic to say the least. 

According to her stans Gaga's performance on HOG was groundbreaking when in reality it resulted in an offensive stereotypical depiction of Italians. 

The jokes write themselves :skull:

I agree. 

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereaaal

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Leptine

• EnigmaticAndroid

20 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

The role that gave her a new Golden Globe nom, a new CCA nom, a new BAFTA nom, a new SAG nom and a NYFCC win. I think it is pretty good for a "pathetic" and "offensive stereotypical" role.

beyonce-mrs-carter-world-show-tour-02071

Smokes and mirror. 

All that fuss for the worst movie of that year :zzz:

I think some users here are seriously addicted to triggering Lady Gaga fans. I mean does it really give y'all that much satisfaction to rile people up? I mean once or twice is okay but doing it for YEARS like it's your job whew.

I wonder what kind of life one has to have to need this kind of thing :skull:

she's still a terrible actress. her acting on gucci was serving snl parody

as someone else said, she was lucky her debut was an easy singer role in an iconic known remake

Edited by Sharapov

2 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

she's still a terrible actress. her acting on gucci was serving snl parody

as someone else said, she was lucky her debut was an easy singer role in an iconic known remake

FLzWhwHUUAAx0uf?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Pepo said:

Gaga was lucky to have been given the role of a singer on ASIB since that's what she does in her life lol, too bad her next role consisted solely in implementing an irrealistic odd accent which is pathetic to say the least. 

According to her stans Gaga's performance on HOG was groundbreaking when in reality it resulted in an offensive stereotypical depiction of Italians. 

The jokes write themselves :skull:

I read the last sentence of this and then looked at the AVI and immediately giggled. It’s like some ppl wouldn’t know irony if it smacked them in the face. 

6 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

you do realize most awards are bought? :deadbanana:

Right :bibliahh: when the narrative is dismantled, "it's bought!!!". Funny how nobody else is buying these then but Gaga only. You're so terrible at trolling :skull:

Maybe Xtina (your actual fave) should have bought some for that Burlesque movie as well then?

OT: An effortless crossover success story :clap3:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

29 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

FLzWhwHUUAAx0uf?format=jpg&name=large

FdOVWKgaUAEohF3?format=jpg&name=medium

An ACCLAIMED performance in her second lead role by critics, audiences and some of the most esteemed and veteran film directors. Not bad for a "pathetic role with an offensive, stereotypical depiction". But at least you tried.

I mean, I can see why certain people are mad when the last attempt of their fave ended up like this and she never returned to a movie set ever again since :dies:

b3DjwlN.png

Imagine having the nerve to criticize Gaga's acting career who has been punctually recognized by the most important acting awards when their fave did this atrocity  :dies:

2 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Right :bibliahh: when the narrative is dismantled, "it's bought!!!". Funny how nobody else is buying these then but Gaga only. You're so terrible at trolling :skull:

Maybe Xtina (your actual fave) should have bought some for that Burlesque movie as well then?

OT: An effortless crossover success story :clap3:

That user faked being a Gaga stan. Such pathetic behaviour.

The fact that Gaga came out of HOG looking great and securing her biggest role yet despite film twitter and her usual haters being against her is pretty impressive. I saw a film twitter account have a proper meltdown when her casting as Harley was announced. It was wonderful to see. :dies:

5 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

Some of these people have way too much free time on their hands :rip: Imagine cycling through avis of artists you dislike just so you can set them up to get dragged in different threads. Grass is begging to be touched.

OT: Really amazing what she's accomplished in such short time :clap3:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

8 hours ago, Pop Art said:

Academy Awards

Barbra Streisand: 2 Wins / 5 Nominations

Lady Gaga: 1 Win / 3 Nominations

- - - NO NOMINATIONS BARRIER - - -

Madonna: 0 Nominations

As if that erases the fact Madonna has two Oscar winning songs in her catalogue which happened to be sang....SOLO

That tweet in the OP's post gave me a mighty big chuckle when they lied about Gaga's so called "unmatched success in both fields". I mean, aside from the fact Babs scored #1's across the last 6 decades, you've literally posted her Oscar wins and nominations that contradicts the OP's tweet.:rip:

So far she's only had two leading roles in a couple of movies - one of which turned out to be a panned mess and mocked for it's bad accents with a razzie attached to it, so that hardly puts her in the same league as true Hollywood leading versatile actresses like Babs and Meryl Streep.

Ridiculous threads like this is what makes me live for ATRL. Her fans really are the gift that keeps on giving. :bibliahh:

Edited by GlamSlam

10 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

you do realize most awards are bought? :deadbanana:

Sure :dies:

I guess Madonna the biggest popstar of the world was too poor to buy some awards despite decades of attempts and her friendship with Harvey Weinstein not to mention that even Jennifer Hudson was richer than Beyoncé at her first gig post 'American idol' to secure her awards while the other couldn't :dies:

When some of you will stop embarrasing yoursevels in these kind of threads will always be too late.

The OGHs must have an embarrassment kink at this point. :coffee2:

7 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

And now he's pretending to be an Ariana stan when he didn't even know she performs a song in the middle of one of the most viewed Netflix movie of all time :skull:

3 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Sure :dies:

I guess Madonna the biggest popstar of the world was too poor to buy some awards despite decades of attempts and her friendship with Harvey Weinstein not to mention that even Jennifer Hudson was richer than Beyoncé at her first gig post 'American idol' to secure her awards while the other couldn't :dies:

When some of you will stop embarrasing yoursevels in these kind of threads will always be too late.

Madonna received a record 7x Razzies throughout her acting career. Do you think she just got them? Nah, she obviously paid for them.

Avi.thumb.gif.8de150627f60e588770735ddec

Just now, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Madonna received a record 7x Razzies throughout her acting career. Do you think she just got them? Nah, she obviously paid for them.

:ahh: 

14 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I mean, I can see why certain people are mad when the last attempt of their fave ended up like this and she never returned to a movie set ever again since :dies:

b3DjwlN.png

Imagine having the nerve to criticize Gaga's acting career who has been punctually recognized by the most important acting awards when their fave did this atrocity  :dies:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

1 minute ago, Sharapov said:

beyonce is a better actress anyway, she just didnt choose her projects that smartly. 100% she'd have won the oscar if she (ORIGINAL CHOICE for ASIB) did it

:bibliahh:

That moment when the people trying a little too hard here to discredit Gaga's unmatched success in both fields have to go back decades to mention Barbra or Cher, realize that bringing them up only further proves the point made by the tweet in the OP about how hard and rare is it for pop stars to cross over successfully into movies. Self-own at its best.

48 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

:ahh: 

OGHs aren’t even trying anymore, it’s kinda embarrassing

24 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

That moment when the people trying a little too hard here to discredit Gaga's unmatched success in both fields have to go back decades to mention Barbra or Cher, realize that bringing them up only further proves the point made by the tweet in the OP about how hard and rare is it for pop stars to cross over successfully into movies. Self-own at its best.

People mentioning Cher and Babra Streisand clearly don't even know their careers (expected from the usual ignorant ATRLers) and how they transitioned to the movie industry.

Barbra Streisand born artistically as theatre actress, her music and acting career started at the same time, by the time she debuted in 'Funny Girl' (movie) she was already Tony nominated for the same role and performance, it wasn't really a transition she has always been an actress.

Cher did her first movie as lead in the late 60s (Chastity) who ended up as commercial and panned failure, it prevented her for doing movie for more than 10 years and then she had to restart with supporting roles before getting lead ones, her first nomination is for a supporting performance.

Both completely different situations from Gaga.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.