Gaga transition from music to film going viral | Indiewire weighs in.

Link16

Just now, Marry Illusion Glory said:

"An album with 82 on MC is closer to generally favorable than it is to critically acclaimed"

giphy.gif

At this point, with the out of this world logic that has debuted here, I wish HoG had a RT score of 59... That would put it closer to a generally favorable reception than a panned reception. GENIUS! :ahh:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereaaal

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Leptine

• EnigmaticAndroid

Just now, Ethereaaal said:

At this point, with the out of this world logic that has debuted here, I wish HoG had a RT score of 59... That would put it closer to a generally favorable reception than a panned reception. GENIUS! :ahh:

:ahh: :bibliahh:

It's so PAINFUL for OGHs to deal with the fact that Gaga managed to be seen as a respected musician and actress

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

Doubling the movie budget means it has recouped its marketing costs, doesn’t mean it was making a profit :rip: 

Doesn't mean it is a commercial failure either. It is literally one of the highest grossing dramas of the last few years. :rip: 

I know you like to think this is impressive but it’s actually not that impressive to me at all. 

2 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

It's so PAINFUL for OGHs to deal with the fact that Gaga managed to be seen as a respected musician and actress

giphy.gif

She’s actually become a generic celebrity, she’s lost her title as an artist sweety. 

2 minutes ago, Jack. said:

She’s actually become a generic celebrity, she’s lost her title as an artist sweety. 

Jack.

Is it a parody account? Must be.

Edited by Ethereaaal

2 minutes ago, Jack. said:

tenor.thumb.gif.4d0c6dff3610d51442e1caf7

5 minutes ago, Jack. said:

I know you like to think this is impressive but it’s actually not that impressive to me at all. 

4 minutes ago, Jack. said:

Oh no no no. No. Not with that avi hun. Nope.

tenor.thumb.gif.4d0c6dff3610d51442e1caf7

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

She has only been in 2 movies and one of them was a panned flop. Why should gaga be credited for anything when there have been dozens more successful singers/actresses?

HoG a flop where? Gaga literally brought all those butts into the movie theater at a time when people were scared of going to the movies:lmao:

Anyway, for those who are being a little too loud about painting HoG as some kind of commercial flop, context is key.

Yes Gaga, yes butts in movie theatre AND stadium seats :clap3:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Gaga is truly a talented artist, being able to sing and act and being respected for it it's not something easy to achieve. :clap3: While Harry is also talented, acting is not his way. Dunkirk was a fluke. 

Edited by Roberto

39 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

62 is nothing to brag about. The general consensus remained it wasn’t a good movie. I personally enjoyed most of it.

It barely made any money then. It wasn’t a total flop. I stand corrected 

its good enough to brag when the leading actress was the one who saved the film from a total abomination and failure.

you really love to keep talking about HOG flopping, then list us a name of critically acclaimed drama films that made more than HOG, which you can't seem to answer for some reason instead keep resorting to lying and lying over again, jesus 

6 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

And most of her peers have not been nominated for a single acting category at the Oscars, the BAFTA, etc. Your point is what exactly? I also don't see them booking BIG roles like Gaga's Harley.

Edited by Ethereaaal

2 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

its good enough to brag when the leading actress was the one who saved the film from a total abomination and failure.

you really love to keep talking about HOG flopping, then list us a name of critically acclaimed drama films that made more than HOG, which you can't seem to answer for some reason instead keep resorting to lying and lying over again, jesus 

I already stated that I stand corrected. Gucci wasn’t a flop. It just made its money back, with no profit.

Also all I was saying is that I don’t think Gaga should be credited for actors transitioning from music to acting. Thats all.

1 minute ago, Ethereaaal said:

And most of her peers have not been nominated for a single acting category at the Oscars, the BAFTA, etc. Your point is what exactly?

no point, let them pray that the music hiatus they're fave (or allegedly, who knows who they actually stan) is currently on, filming a adaptation of a renown musical will lead her to at least one Oscar nom 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, hausofdave said:

no point, let them pray that the music hiatus they're fave (or allegedly, who knows who they actually stan) is currently on, filming a adaptation of a renown musical will lead her to at least one Oscar nom 

spacer.png

We love talented Italian women though. But not the obnoxious, obsessed and deranged haters. :heart2:

Edited by Ethereaaal

Just now, hausofdave said:

spacer.png

Can't wait for their own version of "Cynthia character was meant to shine and nominated"

Blue Rose

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

I already stated that I stand corrected. Gucci wasn’t a flop. It just made its money back, with no profit.

Also all I was saying is that I don’t think Gaga should be credited for actors transitioning from music to acting. Thats all.

same difference. you said that HOG was a flop and now you're re-directing, stating it made no profit, still not answering my question I asked, what critically acclaimed drama films have surpassed its BO #'s and made actual profit, please list them, instead of making false accusations and lies, then re-tracing them back

then, other than her, why don't you also list musician turned actors this century that have successfully crossed over to film? 

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

She has only been in 2 movies and one of them was a panned flop. Why should gaga be credited for anything when there have been dozens more successful singers/actresses?

Name them then. Barbra & Cher don’t count. 

OT: Certain bases fuming as usual because Gaga makes something their faves could never achieve look like a walk in the park. We love to see it. :gaygacat4:

Edited by luckythisway

7 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

spacer.png

Not this 5 minute cameo (where all she did was to drive a car and point a gun) during her hate train era being used to make some pointless 'point'. :ahh:

Others have dedicated months to act in a move with 10x more screentime, only to end up winning a Razzie...

Edited by Ethereaaal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.