• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• Boysdontcry

• Shaner69

• Sweetestsecret

Oh wow didn’t expect her to leave epic. Surprise she didn’t move to republic. 

Well something had to be done going to only 11 Weeks charting for a studio album I guess

4 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

Not that racist getting FIRED :redface:

This is literally a huge upgrade. She's on an A-list label now. 

CaimilaPOW1.jpg

Camila Cabello has parted ways with Epic Records and signed to Interscope, Variety has learned. The pop singer had released three studio albums in four years with the Sony Music label, most recently dropping “Familia” in April. Her first two releases, 2018’s “Camila” and 2019’s “Romance,” were both certified platinum by the RIAA, marking sales of over 1 million units in the U.S.

At Interscope, which is owned by Universal Music Group, the 25-year-old Cabello joins a roster that includes Lady Gaga, Blackpink, Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Selena Gomez and many more.

Epic has been Cabello’s home since she first arrived at the label in 2013 via its partnership with Simon Cowell’s Syco Music. That same year she and former girl group Fifth Harmony released their debut “Better Together” EP, riding the high from their third place finish on the U.S. edition of “The X-Factor.” In 2017, Cabello announced her departure from the girl group but remained with Epic Records for her first solo and self-titled debut album.

Cabello’s current single, “Bam Bam,” features Ed Sheeran and has logged more than 150 million on-demand streams, according to data from Luminate, and its airplay audience is nearing 500 million. Her previous hits include 2017’s “Havana” and “Never Be the Same,” 2019’s “Senorita” (with Shawn Mendes) and 2016’s “Bad Things” (with Machine Gun Kelly).

Speaking with Variety in April, Cabello expressed a desire for independence when it comes to her music. “With the first couple of albums, I’d be like, ‘What do you think? What do you think?’ and now I don’t send my music to that many people anymore,” she said. “If I can’t stand behind [a song] and want to perform it, let’s not put it out, because it’s just going to turn into some weird thing where I never wanna ******* sing it again, and it’s all because I didn’t listen to myself."

Variety has reached out to Epic, Interscope and a rep for Cabello for comment.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/camila-cabello-record-deal-interscope-epic-1235379455/

Edited by Renan90

The upgrade :clap3:

This explains the Familia era ending when the album dropped.

I’m surprised Epic didn’t beg her to stay, she’s not got the success she had in 2018, but she’s still their only female artist to chart on the Hot 100. 

Let’s hope Interscope works out well.

Not epic dropping her :deadvision:

Good she signed with interscope tho. its a decent label at best i guess..

istg if she takes any budget from OR2 hands will be thrown

mask-monster.gif

Does anyone know: are labels responsible for tours?

Essentially, a Familia tour won’t happen if Epic are responsible, so we’ll have to wait until CC4 with Interscope?

wasn't she like the only successful artist in Epic? :rip:

I hope Zara leaves Epic ASAP

Edited by Luckitty

Just now, Boysdontcry said:

Does anyone know: are labels responsible for tours?

record labels normally dont handle booking or touring. thats with (tour)management companies. a label can outsource that for the artist tho and give the artist more benefits

The racist gets rewarded, hooray

Imagine willingly signing a known racist. Cancel Interscope :fish2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.