AGUILERA is 7x nominated to Latin Grammy & 2x Grammy Anglo

ReH2o

On 9/20/2022 at 6:14 PM, Freakshowvato said:

the Gp does not care about anything tho let's be real. they don't care about sales or charts either

Well, apparently they care about Bad Bunny and Harry Styles' music. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad_vocal_technique

• PopNStuff

• KatyPrismSpirit

• La Reina

15 minutes ago, Cloy said:

What I  mean is whether an album wins a Grammy or not doesn't mean anything because what matters most is how the consumers respond to the music. The consumers couldn't give a crap about Aguilera. They probably don't even know it exists. This is a nice accomplish but the way some of you act as if the album sold 2 million copies just because of a few nominations is ridiculous. 

Please stop trying to make it racist if people don't care about Latin Grammys. Latino is not a race and Christina Aguilera is a white woman. 

not every thing is always about sales. just cut the crap pls

I’m happy for her! I think part of her goal with this album was to get some recognition from the Latin Grammys so I hope she walks away with a few :clap3:

Christina keeps winning, in 2022. Just like that. No tabloid trash or drama, no exploitations, no pity music.. Just doing her own thing, and effortlessly WINNING. This is TRUE recognition.  

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

not every thing is always about sales. just cut the crap pls

What do you mean cut the crap? Are you frustrated or something? Sales aren't everything but they are an indicator that people connect with your music. What is outdated is systems like the Grammys and Metacritic that you lot cling to for validation and "acclaim".  I'd rather have people buy my music than be given an award. If you ask me, the award is people buying your music. 

42 minutes ago, Cloy said:

What do you mean cut the crap? Are you frustrated or something? Sales aren't everything but they are an indicator that people connect with your music. What is outdated is systems like the Grammys and Metacritic that you lot cling to for validation and "acclaim".  I'd rather have people buy my music than be given an award. If you ask me, the award is people buying your music. 

That's a rather myopic view.

Billboards and the likes already focus on celebrating the biggest sellers. The Grammys are voted in by peers and people who have made a contribution to the industry either on or behind the scenes. If we solely focussed on sales, a lot of projects would not get the spotlight that they should. This would be especially egregious considering how easy the charts have been gamed with remixes and discounts (nothing new), or bundles and mass buying. Calling Metacritic outdated is also pretty weird since they're just an aggregation of the reviews... are you saying we should also be discarding reviews and "critical acclaim" to solely focus on sales?

To me, it sounds like you're the one being frustrated.

21 minutes ago, Bradphord said:

Billboards and the likes already focus on celebrating the biggest sellers. The Grammys are voted in by peers and people who have made a contribution to the industry either on or behind the scenes. If we solely focussed on sales, a lot of projects would not get the spotlight that they should. This would be especially egregious considering how easy the charts have been gamed with remixes and discounts (nothing new), or bundles and mass buying. Calling Metacritic outdated is also pretty weird since they're just an aggregation of the reviews... are you saying we should also be discarding reviews and "critical acclaim" to solely focus on sales?

I'm sorry you feel that way based off of a short exchange.  Are you psychic? I listen to Aguilera but couldn't careless about a Grammy. Never have. I'm wasn't even a fan of the honor roll...

The GP does not care about Grammys or awards. However, they do care about 1s and album sales.

Metacritic is dead in the age of social influencers and commentators. No one cares about some review of an album by a critic. I don't think I ever used that as a measure for whether or not I should listen to an album. This is not 2004. People now go on Youtube get to reviews from ordinary people. 

Yes, the charts have been manipulated by not for everybody. If sales are such a bad thing, then stop quoting them all together. 

*The point of a grammy and a review is to garner attention to the music. Neither of those things work anymore.  That's why you can have hits and a flop album and a highly praised album that doesn't sell at all. At the end of the day, the support comes from the people not an establishment. 

Edited by Cloy

20 minutes ago, Cloy said:

I'm sorry you feel that way based off of a short exchange.  Are you psychic? I listen to Aguilera but couldn't careless about a Grammy. Never have. I'm wasn't even a fan of the honor roll...

The GP does not care about Grammys or awards. However, they do care about 1s and album sales.

Metacritic is dead in the age of social influencers and commentators. No one cares about some review of an album by a critic. I don't think I ever used that as a measure for whether or not I should listen to an album. This is not 2004. People now go on Youtube get to reviews from ordinary people. 

Yes, the charts have been manipulated by not for everybody. If sales are such a bad thing, then stop quoting them all together. 

And like I said, there are awards that celebrate sales, and others that consider public votes... so it's not like the Grammys preventing those aspects from being highlighted. Well, I don't listen to radio and I don't use tiktok, so for one I'm glad there are still (movies and music) critics and awards spotlighting work that gets incessantly pushed down people's throat. It's important to recognise that a lot of these number 1s don't happen out of thin air: it's supported by massive marketing campaigns, pushed on the radio, gets its awareness increased, goes viral, which in turns leads radio and streaming service to promote it even more to satisfy the listeners. If a body of work with good/great reviews, fails to enter that cycle either because the label doesn't want to invest, or because the artist doesn't care to, should it be disqualified from being celebrated by the industry?

Also, people don't care about number 1s and album sales, they care about the music they've been exposed to. Most people wouldn't even know what song or album is number 1 at any given time... but they'll know which song that they like they keep hearing, though.

At the end of the day, if you don't care about the Grammys, it's fine. Just ignore them and the people who might care about them. I don't see the point in coming in just to crap on it when the release of AGUILERA happened the way it did in order to qualify for these specific peer-voted awards and both her and the people who worked on the album are proud of it.

Edited by Bradphord

8 hours ago, Cloy said:

Well, apparently they care about Bad Bunny and Harry Styles' music. 

idk anyone irl who cares about Harry Styles music

:chick1:

1 hour ago, Bradphord said:

Very well said :clap3: 

2 hours ago, Cloy said:

*The point of a grammy and a review is to garner attention to the music. Neither of those things work anymore.  That's why you can have hits and a flop album and a highly praised album that doesn't sell at all. At the end of the day, the support comes from the people not an establishment. 

:ahh:They don't care about either wtf 

4 hours ago, Sharamee6 said:

Christina keeps winning, in 2022. Just like that. No tabloid trash or drama, no exploitations, no pity music.. Just doing her own thing, and effortlessly WINNING. This is TRUE recognition.  

Proof that TALENT always wins in the end :clap3: 

Having no talent and being nasty will make you crazy and bitter in the end

On 9/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, ReH2o said:

On 9/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, PopNStuff said:

Pa Mis Muchachas is that song and deserves it. 

On 9/20/2022 at 4:29 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

LEGEND 

On 9/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Im so proud of her :'( she really believed in making an album like this for years and she scored her first Album of the Year nomination ever. This was truly the album of her dreams and she excelled in it :heart:

On 9/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, Saturn said:

Well deserved. This album is some of her best work. She better sweep!

ALL OF THIS!

Latin LegendtinE deserves all her flowers! :clap3::clap3: being immensely talented and still taking risks making fantastic and genre-diverse music 23 years in her career! :flame: she really evolved artistically with this album the way she did all those different genres, Liberation was amazing too :worship:

On 9/21/2022 at 11:24 PM, diboy said:

Xtina deserves it! The album was amazing, she served vocals, visuals and delivered good performances. Hope she wins at least one! Its always Nice to see talent thriving like that 20+ years into their career. 

she beyond deserves to win in one of the major categories AGUILERA is only partly released rn yet it deserves AOTY

she has also served with the videos as you said:jonny5:

On 9/22/2022 at 4:43 AM, PopNStuff said:

It’s been a great month for our girl. Glad her art/music is being appreciated and recognized. I still hear PMM on my Latin radio station and so many restaurants I go to. 

:flame:

On 9/22/2022 at 4:54 AM, Walk_Away21 said:

LEGEND ONLY. :clap3:

:WAP:

On 9/22/2022 at 11:59 AM, BPD said:

We’re here. Some of us just don’t feel the need to respond to Britney stans or give them the time of day.

:cm:

23 hours ago, NausAllien said:

It's performing okay given the circumstances. It's her first Spanish project since 2000, and she's an artist in her 40s and outside of her prime. She just got two singles certified Latin Platinum by the RIAA (60K sales each = 120K) and there's still one more EP to complete the album. I don't think the project is tremendous success but it's not a flop either. Rosalía, for example, only has two RIAA Latin Platinum certified singles: "Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi" and "Linda."

really happy about Latin Platinum certs! Santo and Pa mis muchachas deserve!

I'm not even an Xtina fan but ATRL mocked, ridiculed, dragged, humiliated, trashed this Spanish album so much that it made me root for it. It had the opposite effect they intended. Go girl!

The last minute rush release of the album without physical copies and before the last EP to meet the Latin Grammy deadline like seemed a gamble at the time....but I’m glad it all paid off with Christina getting so many nominations! :eek: :clap3:

I thought the album flopped? How is it AOTY worthy?

28 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I thought the album flopped? How is it AOTY worthy?

Sales don’t make an album good. :coffee:

It's actually kind of iconic for her to be nominated for Album of the Year for an album that hasn't even been fully released yet.

Legend moves, I fear

I just realized this album is nominated for AOTY while not having even been fully released - there's still 5-6 songs left from its third chapter :deadbanana2:

59 minutes ago, La Reina said:

It's actually kind of iconic for her to be nominated for Album of the Year for an album that hasn't even been fully released yet.

Legend moves, I fear

preach-preacher.gif

she needs to win some of the major categories

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I just realized this album is nominated for AOTY while not having even been fully released - there's still 5-6 songs left from its third chapter :deadbanana2:

It’s because they submitted the 2 EPs as an album. That doesn’t affect the option to add the remaining songs later. 

On 9/20/2022 at 6:40 AM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Im so proud of her :'( she really believed in making an album like this for years and she scored her first Album of the Year nomination ever. This was truly the album of her dreams and she excelled in it :heart:

This. What a Legend. So happy for her! :heart2:

8 hours ago, izzyinsane said:

This. What a Legend. So happy for her! :heart2:

artistTine is the best :heart2:

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.