• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad_vocal_technique

• PopNStuff

• KatyPrismSpirit

• La Reina

7 minutes ago, theweekend said:

i will be glad if she wins one! Santo or pa mis muchachas deserve!!!

pa mis muchachas deserve it most

incredible for her :jonny5: so happy to see Leyenda Equis achieving this kind of success at this point in her career

12 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Not Britney being brought up in every post even in this moment of... triumph I guess?

The bitterness reeks.

Also, when HMC went #6, a bunch of threads popped up mentioning Xtina. It goes both ways honey.

46 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

im surprised there's more than 2 christina stans in ATRL 

She should have one of the biggest fanbases on here given that this site was named after TRL and Xtina was one of the main staples of the TRL generation. :cm:

10 hours ago, Clarksonator said:

Congrats! Much deserved. :clap3:

Only thing I wonder though… isn’t the album still incomplete? Did she cancel La Luz?

The third and final EP that completes the album has yet to be released, it's predicted to come out in October.

It'll also qualify for the Latin GRAMMYs if it is longer than 15 minutes.

35 minutes ago, La Reina said:

The bitterness reeks.

You claim I'm bitter and yet half the posts in this thread are about Britney when they should be about Christina's "big" moment. 

The math isn't mathing. I guess some people are used to being under Britney's heel :fan:

30 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

You claim I'm bitter and yet half the posts in this thread are about Britney when they should be about Christina's "big" moment. 

The math isn't mathing. I guess some people are used to being under Britney's heel :fan:

I guess you’re not very good at math coz she was used for giggles only around 3 o 4 times in a 8 pages thread. 

2 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Im surprised u are still using that same tired line. 

1 hour ago, Distantconstellation said:

Im surprised u are still using that same tired line. 

? I was genuinely surprised to see more than the usual two Christina fans that always show up in threads. I didn’t even know that what I said is a common thing stated towards Xtina fans 

Xtina deserves it! The album was amazing, she served vocals, visuals and delivered good performances. Hope she wins at least one! Its always Nice to see talent thriving like that 20+ years into their career. 

5 hours ago, Jay07 said:

And many Britney stans decided to focus on Xtina instead of their fave's new single on debut week. Hell, I even said this in another thread:

On 9/3/2022 at 2:42 PM, La Reina said:

It really must be miserable to be a Britney stan given that you can't enjoy anything without bringing up Xtina :rip:

So like I said, it goes both ways.

OT: Legend :heart2:

Edited by La Reina

It’s been a great month for our girl. Glad her art/music is being appreciated and recognized. I still hear PMM on my Latin radio station and so many restaurants I go to. 

17 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

We’re here. Some of us just don’t feel the need to respond to Britney stans or give them the time of day.

I’m happy she got nominated, glad her label cared enough to submit and pursue a nomination despite the project not performing well commercially. I don’t see her winning anything major though but it’s a nice incentive for her to keep releasing music in Spanish.

Te Deseo Lo Mejor deserved though.

Legend behavior tbh. But the competition is fierce between Bad Bunny and Rosalia so idk… I'd love for her to win a Big Three category but I doubt it.

Even one win would be so good!

3 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

I’m happy she got nominated, glad her label cared enough to submit and pursue a nomination despite the project not performing well commercially.

It's performing okay given the circumstances. It's her first Spanish project since 2000, and she's an artist in her 40s and outside of her prime. She just got two singles certified Latin Platinum by the RIAA (60K sales each = 120K) and there's still one more EP to complete the album. I don't think the project is tremendous success but it's not a flop either. Rosalía, for example, only has two RIAA Latin Platinum certified singles: "Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi" and "Linda."

2 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

It's performing okay given the circumstances. It's her first Spanish project since 2000, and she's an artist in her 40s and outside of her prime. She just got two singles certified Latin Platinum by the RIAA (60K sales each = 120K) and there's still one more EP to complete the album. I don't think the project is tremendous success but it's not a flop either. Rosalía, for example, only has two RIAA Latin Platinum certified singles: "Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi" and "Linda."

Ceritifications are paid by the label, Rosalia is undercertified, she could easily certified El Mal Querer and MOTOMAMI if she wanted to so let's not use certifications, especially latin certifications as a success measurement. 

On 9/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Why should the gp give a ****? :rip: what makes the Grammys hold value is that its an peer VOTED industry award show with a high repetoire that many music fans and musicians care about.

Also the users Saying “especially Latin Grammys” why is it that when Latin music gets acknowledged its not seen as a “big deal” to you? lol

What I  mean is whether an album wins a Grammy or not doesn't mean anything because what matters most is how the consumers respond to the music. The consumers couldn't give a crap about Aguilera. They probably don't even know it exists. This is a nice accomplish but the way some of you act as if the album sold 2 million copies just because of a few nominations is ridiculous. 

Please stop trying to make it racist if people don't care about Latin Grammys. Latino is not a race and Christina Aguilera is a white woman. 

Edited by Cloy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.