Taylor's Amsterdam getting panned by critics in early reactions

Assassin

8 minutes ago, dan13 said:

first of all... no???? don't tell me what i should and should not do lmao
2nd, i dont see you quoting the other user. stop being a hypocrite and move on with your day

it's just that you're attacking Gaga when she's actually really talented, but no one brought her up in here as a comparison to Taylor until you. I understand your defensiveness but there are better ways to address it than to involve third parties, like Gaga, who actually don't need to be put down. I apologize if it seems like I'm telling you what you should do, but I think that we're just stirring up avoidable conflict when none of us even like Taylor's acting career either lol

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• dan13

• abrahamjmr

• Folklore89sm

27 minutes ago, dan13 said:

3 different sentences that got NOTHING to do with what i said ???? lmao 

"untalented hack who can neither sing or act",  "yet Shallow is bigger and more acclaimed than any taylor's song" you wish these were true SO BAD lol

taylor's music is not forgotten after couple weeks it's released,
taylor is charting 7 albums currently while gaga is doing just 1,
taylor's catalogue is being streamed 3 times more daily than gaga's
3 million ppeople attended to see taylor live in her last tour where she did 52 stadium shows
taylor is the reason gaga is being paid for her laughable streams
let's not even talk about sales because how many 10m+ global selling albums does gaga have?
and why tf is taylor outstreaming gaga in 90% of european countries (Itali included) where gaga JUST had a tour in?
oh also, taylor's albums and album tracks being in multiple decade end lists just prove how timeless and high quality her music is

gaga clinged to the shock value and madonna copying to start her career and any support she had from the GP initially has died down. she is the biggest waste of talent hollywood has ever seen and her last shitty 2010s EDM immitation album proves it. she had to cling to acting because that was the last drop of relevance she could get and her plastic surgeries will be deterriorating her facial tissues in no time while her fans showcase all their delusions in differnet colors and tones online acting like she is still something in the music industry. 
get a grip sweaty 

the essay :deadbanana2:

the first 2 sentences were not even replied to your post, can you read? :skull:

you claimed Gaga's music career is mistaken and laugh at yet Gaga's recent song is bigger and won more awards than every single taylor's songs (which you can't dispute) :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

The only way I can even rationalize her poor decision making is that she thinks by working in these ensemble films, she's networking and making connections for when she goes all out for Oscars, Emmys, or Tonys later in her career. Like, as bad as Cats was, having Andrew Lloyd Webber as a supporter is pretty big for any future musical ventures she might pursue. But overall right now it's just hurting her image and we have to clean up the online mess as her fanbase. :rip: 

This is absolutely the whole reason she’s doing these parts. Like, she might also be the woman who released “Me!” to radio, but in the end she’s extremely intelligent and knows how to steer her career; she plans way ahead and she’s made it clear with the ATW10 promo that she wants to direct more things. I’m sure she watches these movies and knows they suck and that’s just the price of the connections she’s making. If there’s anything she didn’t properly assess, it’s that the initial wave of backlash months ago about the director would be focused on her rather than all the other huge stars involved. And maybe she even expected that too.

I just personally still wish she’d chill and not do this kind of thing :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

hollywood was laughing at her for partaking in such a blunder.

Literally no one cared, what kind of fan fiction :rip:

If anything it was the opposite as she was cited by the majority of critics to be one of the only high points in that dumpster fire of a movie :dies:

Pete Hammond of Deadline complimented Taylor Swift's performance as Bombalurina and her signature "Macavity" number, as well as "Beautiful Ghosts", which she wrote along with Lloyd Webber.[98] Critic Guy Lodge called Swift "the best thing in the film" and "the one performer who completely hits their marks and pulls off the lone successful number,"[99] while critic Rebecca Lewis described Swift's performance as "one of the few genuinely good parts of the film".[100] Patrick Ryan of USA Today stated that Swift "makes the most of her brief screen time, bringing her unabating charisma to the flirtatious feline ... if there's one thing that's disappointing about Swift's performance, it's that there isn't more of it".[101] Hans said that she was the only actor "who seems to be having fun, perhaps because she only appears in the film for approximately 10 minutes."[62]

I will never understand why she chooses to do these minor roles? Does she want to pursue a legitimate acting career, free promo or does she just do them for fun? :chick1:

12 minutes ago, Aslan said:

I will never understand why she chooses to do these minor roles? Does she want to pursue a legitimate acting career, free promo or does she just do them for fun? :chick1:

Probably can’t book a lead role 

spacer.png

It’ll be so funny in 5 - 10 years (however long it takes) when we have a version 2 of the MeToo movement and all these actors come out and try to (again) convince us they had no idea the directors they were working with are predators. :deadbanana4:

As it should :clap:

Hope she learns her lessons and stays away from acting or chooses better projects next.

1 hour ago, Yog said:

She needs to give up being an actress :rip:

This. It'll never happen for her :dies:

Swifties are so MAD at their fave flopping in her movie career :ahh:

bUt sHe dOeSnT cArE :isudumblmao:

Sis, if she s trying this hard then she's really wanting to succeed in this area :toofunny3:

5 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Swifties are so MAD at their fave flopping in her movie career :ahh:

bUt sHe dOeSnT cArE :isudumblmao:

Sis, if she s trying this hard then she's really wanting to succeed in this area :toofunny3:

Can it really be called a career if her entire acting career isn't even the length of ONE film? :bibliahh: Like you really expect us to care that her 3 minutes in the Giver or her 6 minutes in Valentine's Day or her 8 minutes in Cats or her 4 minutes in this film mean she wants to be a MOVIE STAR? :bibliahh: Yall are deranged. She's doing this for fun and because she can, it's basically a glorified extra role.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

Now, it's Taylor's Movie? I see how the crazed trolling works, now. One of the most successful women in the entertainment industry has a very minor role and it becomes her movie? That only goes to show you that she is on that pedestal that you don't like. Admit it! I bet if Taylor was only an extra or happened to walk by the set, it would still become her movie, so that it gives you reason to take inappropriate jabs. How about you go after Christian Bale, Margot Robbie or Robert DeNero. Those are the main actors. It's more their movie than it is Taylor's.

3 hours ago, By the Water said:

At least she got musician on lock. Some girls had to change careers after a decade worth of failures in music

989285272_ezgif.com-gif-maker(8).thumb.g

So being succesful AND talented in multiple lanes means changing careers?

Some of y'all aren't that bright :toofunny2:

31 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Can it really be called a career if her entire acting career isn't even the length of ONE film? :bibliahh: Like you really expect us to care that her 3 minutes in the Giver or her 6 minutes in Valentine's Day or her 8 minutes in Cats or her 4 minutes in this film mean she wants to be a MOVIE STAR? :bibliahh: Yall are deranged. She's doing this for fun and because she can, it's basically a glorified extra role.

Yes for fun, sure :zzz:

9 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Yes for fun, sure :zzz:

Literally every mainstream artist does this cameo ****, Britney Katy Rihanna Pink Beyonce Ariana and so on and so forth have been on tv shows and movies purely based on their name alone.

I'm not talking about roles that are obviously centered around them as an actor primarily (like Ariana in Victorious or Beyonce in Obsessed) but just fun little acting stints that don't even add up to a half hour when you watch all the clips together (think Britney, Katy, and JLo in How I Met Your Mother). When you're a rich artist you can literally just venture off and do whatever you want for fun.

If she actually had a passion for acting I'm pretty sure that 16 years in she would have more on her IMDb page than the 20 minutes total footage we have of her that spans across several projects.

Can y’all just go to the movies to enjoy it - not critique every damn aspect of it :cm: not every movie has to be a masterpiece. 

Has there been anything said yet about her actual performance?

apparently there’s a moment for Taylor’s character that will become an instant gif online.

This is obviously a dumb thread - but the trailer looked absolutely terrible so I'm not surprised. Movie poison Taylor Swift strikes again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.