Taylor's Amsterdam getting panned by critics in early reactions

Assassin

19 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

She needs to stop taking these 5 second cameo roles in terrible ensemble films that she thinks will be hits because of the strength of the other cast members. Once again, she’s the most famous person in the cast so she’ll be the face of the fallout and backlash despite only having a few minutes of screen time.

Agreed. It's weird how she's done it so many times when the movies are always ensembles and also terrible, and she never acts for more than 4 or 5 minutes :skull:  Valentine's Day, The Giver, Cats and now Amsterdam.

It feels pointless because she's just doing it because she can, dipping a toe into acting but not reaping any benefit from it. It's not allowing her to actually gain experience as an actress by just having a few lines. The movie gets free press about her starring in it (despite that barely being true) but then she gets dragged when it's panned/bombs (despite many critics saying her song was the only good part of Cats). If she's going to really try to become an actress, she should actually commit and take a leading role. As a fan I don't think she's particularly good at acting, so it would probably be a poor decision like Madonna's film career, but at least she wouldn't be wasting her time in these background roles.

Edited by Beyonnaise

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• dan13

• abrahamjmr

• KatyPrismSpirit

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

true. she already suffered when she did cats and the whole world was laughing

Some of y'all love to act as if she's over or something just because she's had some misteps like Cats and this movie along the way. :laugh: 

She'll be fine - as she always has.

2 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Some of y'all love to act as if she's over or something just because she's had some misteps like Cats and this movie along the way. :laugh: 

She'll be fine - as she always has.

where did i say shes over? i said she suffered already in terms of cinematics. this wont have the same effect as cats bc she already went through the public scrutiny.

where did i say shes over? i said she suffered already in terms of cinematics. this wont have the same effect as cats bc she already went through the public scrutiny.

she didn't suffer anything from Cats though, many people even said she was one of the only redeeming qualities about that experience :rip: 

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

she didn't suffer anything from Cats though, many people even said she was one of the only redeeming qualities about that experience :rip: 

oh pls

hollywood was laughing at her for partaking in such a blunder. didnt it break the record for most razzies ever or something ? :ahh:

ot: tay needs to do a movie where she stands out. not with this massive a list cast. 

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

This is what I meant with my comment:

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I hope Taylor continues acting. 

40 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

musician -> actor isn't for everyone i guess!

At least she got musician on lock. Some girls had to change careers after a decade worth of failures in music

989285272_ezgif.com-gif-maker(8).thumb.g

oh pls

hollywood was laughing at her for partaking in such a blunder. didnt it break the record for most razzies ever or something ? :ahh:

ot: tay needs to do a movie where she stands out. not with this massive a list cast. 

Did she win any of those Razzies you're talking about?

She said she didn't have any regrets about the movie.

7 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

oh pls

And yet Taylor still got more Grammy nominations from Cats than some girls with their last two studio albums. Really puts the laughing stock thing into perspective

FXOEVruXoAA5daH.thumb.jpeg.a53c23e69b662

48 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

and some do that transition because their music career is just so mistaken and laughed at recently that acting is the only way they can clench to relevance nowadays. so i guess having a 15+ year successful music career isn't for eveyone either

I hope she wins an Oscar for the ATW short film so she can finally put an end to her embarrasing acting career

13 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i am very sure some people know very well what it feels like when the whole hollywood is laughing at you. 

the way david orussell collected all the big names in hollywood for this trash film thinking it would be his big comeback only for it to be panned... deserved :clap3:

and all these big names always claiming they are feminists and then working with a known abuser :biblio:

the fact that taylor stans had the nerve to come for Gaga's acting :bibliahh:

untalented hack who can neither sing or act, not to mention being an environment terrorist

13 minutes ago, dan13 said:

and some do that transition because their music career is just so mistaken and laughed at recently that acting is the only way they can clench to relevance nowadays. so i guess having a 15+ year successful music career isn't for eveyone either

yet Shallow is bigger and more acclaimed than any taylor's song so what's now? :bibliahh:

Edited by MonsterJohn

1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

Especially musicians who still have  relevant music careers

6 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

untalented hack who can neither sing or act, not to mention being an environment terrorist

Only one of them is a Razzie nominated actress and a musician with critically panned albums 

6 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

yet Shallow is bigger and more acclaimed than any taylor's song so what's now? :bibliahh:

3 different sentences that got NOTHING to do with what i said ???? lmao 

"untalented hack who can neither sing or act",  "yet Shallow is bigger and more acclaimed than any taylor's song" you wish these were true SO BAD lol

taylor's music is not forgotten after couple weeks it's released,
taylor is charting 7 albums currently while gaga is doing just 1,
taylor's catalogue is being streamed 3 times more daily than gaga's
3 million ppeople attended to see taylor live in her last tour where she did 52 stadium shows
taylor is the reason gaga is being paid for her laughable streams
let's not even talk about sales because how many 10m+ global selling albums does gaga have?
and why tf is taylor outstreaming gaga in 90% of european countries (Itali included) where gaga JUST had a tour in?
oh also, taylor's albums and album tracks being in multiple decade end lists just prove how timeless and high quality her music is

gaga clinged to the shock value and madonna copying to start her career and any support she had from the GP initially has died down. she is the biggest waste of talent hollywood has ever seen and her last shitty 2010s EDM immitation album proves it. she had to cling to acting because that was the last drop of relevance she could get and her plastic surgeries will be deterriorating her facial tissues in no time while her fans showcase all their delusions in differnet colors and tones online acting like she is still something in the music industry. 
get a grip sweaty 

Taylor needs to be content with her lot in life and stop dabbling in Hollywood with her chasm. God can only send so many signs. Girl, take a hint. 

2 minutes ago, dan13 said:

imagine paying to see this live ... 

you should chill, stop picking on one of the better pop stars we have..

42 minutes ago, By the Water said:

At least she got musician on lock. Some girls had to change careers after a decade worth of failures in music

Weird to post a gif of her sold out stadium tour this year while saying that...strange!

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

you should chill, stop picking on one of the better pop stars we have..

first of all... no???? don't tell me what i should and should not do lmao
2nd, i dont see you quoting the other user. stop being a hypocrite and move on with your day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.