Beyoncé - "CHURCH GIRL"

Hector

19 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

The song ISN'T a bad single choice,

Hmmm I love CG to death but where, outside of the US, is radio going to play it? Even as a 4th single there are better options. 

The song is too intricate, too inaccessible and very urban leaning to do anything on a ww scale for the album. It is an amazing song, just not singles material. 

Anyway this is what happens when Bey is in charge, let's hope this is the Ring The Alarm and someone would have the balls to tell her to release one the Irreplaceable-s of the album. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• BnPac

• Lovett

• brenda-walsh

It *is* the RTW of the album. If she keeps it on her setlist for the coming years it will be a classic whether or not it will enjoy mainstream success now.

23 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

hmmm didn't she also send Summer Ren to radio when the album was originally released? i dont think this is the meltdown people in here are trying to make it 

No, they were planning to send it but no impact date was confirmed. It was then cancelled.

OT: I like "CHURCH GIRL" but there is absolutely no reason to be sending to radio over "CUFF IT" which is actively start to smash globally right now. It's a dumb decision and anyone stating otherwise is lying to themselves.

17 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

omg not this… no no no

Maybe... Who knows? It'll just be one wrong decision more... 

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, izebize said:

It *is* the RTW of the album. If she keeps it on her setlist for the coming years it will be a classic whether or not it will enjoy mainstream success now.

it’s really not. it doesn’t have the universal appeal

Time to close the Cuff It thread :rip:

Who lied to her face that encourage her to dare make Church Girl the next single?

She can love it all she wants but this ain't about you miss Giselle... this is about the fans and the fans have spoken!

I hope she hit them draulics while she flops it.

To be fair, Church Girl will do well on Rhythmic/Urban. Though she really should've waited, as CI can smash on both of those, Pop, Urban AC, HAC, AND globally.

This is definitely an “artistic choice”….

She really said **** the charts :skull:

but then why did she make BMS the lead?

Did Columbia agree to pick the lead and her to get free reign of single picks afterwards?

WHAT WENT WRONG?

She has to be trolling……..

Is this her way of marketing a house album to urban markets with making one of the only urban songs a single? 

:deadbanana: 

LOL y'all are funny. Just enjoy the damn album. I feel like her team has a plan for this album and we're getting 3 acts for a reason. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.