Beyoncé - "CHURCH GIRL"

Hector

The song is a solid th*t bop though so I don't mind. This deserves success!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• BnPac

• Armani?

• CrimsonX

BMS was too successful so she wants to restore balance by putting out an obvious flop.  Harmonious legend :jonny5:

14 hours ago, Scorp said:

This sounds like a radio smash though y'all sleep :lmao: y'all know she thinks she's more of a Mary J/Monica than a Madonna/Gaga. She CLEARLY doesn't like that Matthew solidified her as a main poo girl GLOBALLY when she's always loved these ghetto bops. Now watch she go ALL OUT for this :bibliahh: I love her so much basbhshshssbnshshshshshshs

Urban radio is gonna eat this up!

even though it’s the “worst” song it still low key slaps. A lot of one liners, I could see this even going viral on til tok.

13 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

No early adds this week

:coffee: Flopping right out the gate. I love it.

Edited by Timber

why does she love to troll

what happened to make her like this :jonny5:

releasing RTW instead of EOT as the lead was beginning of the end tbh 

I'm not surprised as Bey has done dual genre releases to radio before.. I don't think Church Girl is being pushed to pop radio, so I'm not worried. However, she should release another song to pop to follow after Break My Soul's success? Cuff It makes the most sense..

12 hours ago, CrimsonX said:

Urban radio is gonna eat this up!

even though it’s the “worst” song it still low key slaps. A lot of one liners, I could see this even going viral on til tok.

Basically.. this is an urban smash waiting to happen a la Get Me Bodied :coffee2:

Did I miss something?

This is a fantastic song. It’s one of my favorite things Beyoncé has ever done. Like, I’m sorry, everyone who has been screaming “Cuff It” for weeks on end, have known from the first moment you heard it doesn’t fit neatly into Rhythmic and Urban radio which is her core focus — so why do you have to drag Church Girl just because it wasn’t chosen?

This song is about healing, about growth, and about being okay with being someone with morals who also is comfortable enough to let loose on the dance floor. To me, this is quintessential Beyoncé. It’s a great message, and it’s super super catchy. The whole point of Renaissance is coming back out into life after Covid, after the George Floyd protests, after Trump, and celebrating life — and giving yourself permission to celebrate that; that’s what Church Girl is about!

Edited by theflying

10 minutes ago, theflying said:

Did I miss something?

This is a fantastic song. It’s one of my favorite things Beyoncé has ever done. Like, I’m sorry, everyone who has been screaming “Cuff It” for weeks on end, have known from the first moment you heard it doesn’t fit neatly into Rhythmic and Urban radio which is her core focus — so why do you have to drag Church Girl just because it wasn’t chosen?

This song is about healing, about growth, and about being okay with being someone with morals who also is comfortable enough to let loose on the dance floor. To me, this is quintessential Beyoncé. It’s a great message, and it’s super super catchy. 

I think what ppl are upset about is that she’s not capitalizing off the song that’s gaining traction… that would be the smart thing to do. She can push church girl as the 3rd or 4th single. 

10 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I think what ppl are upset about is that she’s not capitalizing off the song that’s gaining traction… that would be the smart thing to do. She can push church girl as the 3rd or 4th single. 

Again:

People are upset about a song “gaining traction”….that doesn’t fit into her core radio demographic. 

Like, this is not the brilliance you think it is. 

And you know what guys? Give Beyoncé a little more damn credit. You wanna know why she’s still relevant after pop radio payed her dust? *Because she stayed true to her core audience and core radio formats.*

There is absolute validity in saying something like “Cuff It” should be the next single. But a second single from a MASSIVE project like this, you don’t think they saw the numbers? You don’t think they thought a lot about it?

So they went with Church Girl. It’s not what you might’ve done. Fine. That doesn’t make her an idiot who can’t do what every basic person can do on the internet and look to see what is charting highest on streaming.

It also doesn’t mean we have to drag Church Girl. And sometimes, there is worth to going with a song that follows through on what has helped give your career such massive longevity, that is in line with the thesis of the project, and something Beyoncé herself might feel really connected to.

The sheer *whining* that has been going on has been low-key insufferable. Give it a rest.

Edited by theflying

58 minutes ago, theflying said:

Did I miss something?

This song is about healing, about growth, and about being okay with being someone with morals who also is comfortable enough to let loose on the dance floor. To me, this is quintessential Beyoncé. It’s a great message, and it’s super super catchy. The whole point of Renaissance is coming back out into life after Covid, after the George Floyd protests, after Trump, and celebrating life — and giving yourself permission to celebrate that; that’s what Church Girl is about!

Thank you! I was listening to it last night and it reminded me of the album that made me fall in love with her in the first place - B'Day

1 hour ago, theflying said:

Again:

People are upset about a song “gaining traction”….that doesn’t fit into her core radio demographic. 

And you know what guys? Give Beyoncé a little more damn credit. You wanna know why she’s still relevant after pop radio payed her dust? *Because she stayed true to her core audience and core radio formats.*

There is absolute validity in saying something like “Cuff It” should be the next single. But a second single from a MASSIVE project like this, you don’t think they saw the numbers? You don’t think they thought a lot about it?

So they went with Church Girl. It’s not what you might’ve done. Fine. That doesn’t make her an idiot who can’t do what every basic person can do on the internet and look to see what is charting highest on streaming.

It also doesn’t mean we have to drag Church Girl. And sometimes, there is worth to going with a song that follows through on what has helped give your career such massive longevity, that is in line with the thesis of the project, and something Beyoncé herself might feel really connected to.

The sheer *whining* that has been going on has been low-key insufferable. Give it a rest.

She is an idiot for not capitalizing on Cuff it. 

To put it blunt: Church Girl could be a cute moment for an audience that is like 20% of her main audience. Internationally speaking, Church Girl will do precisely 0,0. 

Cuff it on the other hand is a whole different moment and could become a global (!) Moment

MadonnasBoyfriend

I play this song in church and twerk for everyone sitting in the rows on the aisle 

1 hour ago, theflying said:

Again:

But cuff it is a funk/r&b song. It’s a song that speaks to her core (urban) audience whilst also having cross over appeal so what are you even trying to say?? Ppl were literally saying that the song would fit perfectly on 4 and it sounds like a silk sonic song. 

Aht aht you also need to relax. I’m one of the very few here who was defending her for this entire roll out. So don’t come at me. I’m still of the opinion that church girl is not the right song to send to radio at the moment. It will fall flat! Cuff it is the perfect second single and then she may follow up with church girl (Megan remix). We want longevity! I’m sure Beyoncé knows what she’s doing. It seems as though she wanted to go with church girl but with the sudden gains from cuff it, she’s pushing in that direction instead hence the reason for the bio change on insta. 

if she wanted to push this, should've done like a month ago when there were some hype and discuss around..

now it's all gone. she will probably cancel this soon.. lol

4 hours ago, theflying said:

Did I miss something?

It is, but Cuff It is smashing organically, it would make no sense for EITHER song if she released this. Church Girl will 100% be overshadowed by Cuff It, and there is no stopping it, it would be stupid to release it.  Cuff It will more than likely be top 10 in the UK, Ireland, Australia in the next few weeks and is still climbing in New Zealand (currently #5), and will probably repeak in the US soon.  What good will it be to release Church Girl?

Keep in mind that it was almost non-existent in most of these countries a couple of weeks ago

CUFF IT

YouTube:

Apple Music:
#5 Fiji (-2)
#16 Guyana (+8)
#20 Brazil (-2)
#20 Malta (=)
#29 Lebanon (-14)
#30 Kenya (=)
#31 Canada (+7)
#37 Sweden (+5)
#38 Poland (-4)
#46 Slovakia (+13)
#51 Panama (-5)
#53 Cyprus (+11)
#53 Latvia (+17)
#57 Malawi (-5)
#60 France (+21)
#66 Armenia (+32)
#77 Belize (-13)
#85 Serbia (+15)
#88 Norway (-8)
#90 Kuwait (-31)
#92 Zimbabwe (-26)
#95 Greece (NE)

NOTHING surprises me. We've gotten more Tiffany visuals than anything else this era. Sis had the #1 song in the country and dropped a teaser for "I'm That Girl". I gave up trying to get her ?

53 minutes ago, Karma88 said:

I think this was cancelled.

spacer.png

She's finally making sense. :clap3:

Edited by Jude

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.