Which MPG has the most distinct image/ look?

PopLord86

Every pop girl has their own signature image usually. Gaga and Madge change their looks every day in their eras. Other girls have their very own like Lana, Katy and Taylor or a more toned down one (Adele)

But which pop girl besides the basics of features or whatever, has the most distinctive image and look?

I’d say Gaga or Madge tbh. Those 2 are such big chameleons and they make their eccentric and artistic images of their own that no one else could rock and own it 100%. I can’t choose between the 2 so I choose both :michael:

Who would you choose? 

Edited by PopLord86

Gaga's probably. She was the most fully formed and fully realized image-wise upon debut too.

Maybe I’m a little confused but.. a “distinct” image would mean a specific and recognizable aesthetic right? Usually unchanged? Like Ariana’s ponytail or Taylor’s long blonde hair and red lips?

As opposed to people like Madge or Gaga who have very dynamic and ever-changing looks.. right? Like, if I saw Artpop Gaga (seashell Venus or even the dread look), I wouldn’t say that’s distinctly Gaga because to someone else, Gaga might look like the Joanne era Gaga, or Born This way, etc. But if I misunderstand pls let me know!

gaga and madonna have the best looks/images but they’re ever-changing chameleons. i would go with ariana because she hasn’t changed up that ponytail in a decade so it’s extremely recognisabl:jonny5:

Gaga? how? She looks different every era. 

Id say Mariah Carey. :cm: 

MariahCarey | Pictures | Scrolller

Edited by FightForTanas

Gaga/Madonna reinvent themselves every era so it would be much harder to label it as a signature look. :rip: They have iconic looks: but distinct would be Ariana's tired ponytail tugging her hairline everyday and a silhouette of that would be easily recognizable. Even Bey's silhouette is iconic and it's her signature.

Shouldn't this be on Base instead of Entertainment?

OT: Surprised nobody mentioned Britney Spears yet. Supporting the Ariana Grande, Amy Winehouse, and Beyoncé mentions as well. 

2 hours ago, Oxy said:

Like her or not, Jlo.

The ombré hair, thick body and demure style is her signature. 

Demure? When she's not on a red carpet her signature style is street *****, let's be real :rip:

15 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Demure? When she's not on a red carpet her signature style is street *****, let's be real :rip:

She a good dresser come on! 
Don’t discredit that at least. 

Billie and Ariana have distinct looks that are easy to parody for Halloween and stuff. Bille - green roots, baggy clothes, slouching, Ariana - thigh high boots, a sweater and a high ponytail

Girls like Dua or Olivia you would have to be more specific because their looks aren't that easily distiguished.

Let me put it this way

If I saw an Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Cher or Diana Ross drag Queen I'd know it the MOMENT they stepped on stage.

Gaga and Madonna are chameleons, but that actually means their looks are les distinct. Madonna however has very iconic looks everyone would immediately recognize, particularly the cone bra and pony tail period as well as her boy toy look during her Virgin era.

I’d have to echo Billie, Ari, Lana and Amy.

Let’s not forget Avril, either.

But the real answer would be a male artist. The Weeknd, Ed, Bad Bunny, etc. Men are encouraged to stick to an aesthetic that works for them, while women are always pushed to evolve and criticized if they don’t.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.